PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a prop!

The Hedgehog
04-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Probably nothing fancy like some of those high end sportfishers of today but huge anyway.

That would be 32" in diameter and yes, it is heavy.

I was kind of surprised to find a prop shop in Chattanooga to do the work.

I had it labbed with a little cup for some more bow lift:pimp:.

mrfixxall
04-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Probably nothing fancy like some of those high end sportfishers of today but huge anyway.

That would be 32" in diameter and yes, it is heavy.

I was kind of surprised to find a prop shop in Chattanooga to do the work.

I had it labbed with a little cup for some more bow lift:pimp:.

Hey look at the bright side,@ least you didn't get oil on it :)

The Hedgehog
04-27-2010, 08:48 PM
Hey look at the bright side,@ least you didn't get oil on it :)

I think I have a few pics of my oil disasters too. Thank goodness it was not in the water or I would be on CNN like the oil rig situation.

You can see the culprit (wet dry vac) in the background.

mrfixxall
04-27-2010, 08:57 PM
I think I have a few pics of my oil disasters too. Thank goodness it was not in the water or I would be on CNN like the oil rig situation.

You can see the culprit (wet dry vac) in the background.

i saw the oil oozing out of it,,that's what made me post :)

zelatore
04-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Did you have it done by a PropScan or similar shop? I've worked with a couple different computerized prop shops on stuff in that size range and bigger, and they have been able to work miricles.

Don: Hmmm....I'm down 25 rpm at WOT on my port engine
Prop Shop: No Problem. We can do that.

The Hedgehog
04-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Did you have it done by a PropScan or similar shop? I've worked with a couple different computerized prop shops on stuff in that size range and bigger, and they have been able to work miricles.

Don: Hmmm....I'm down 25 rpm at WOT on my port engine
Prop Shop: No Problem. We can do that.

They had a prop scan and did work miracles

zelatore
04-28-2010, 02:58 PM
So, now we need to know about the oil incident...

The Hedgehog
04-28-2010, 03:25 PM
So, now we need to know about the oil incident...

Actually there are two incidents.

The first was when I sucked about 8 gallons of bilge juice out of the Roamer. Someone spilled a bunch of oil in the bilge. That combined with a worn out float switch on a shower sump caused quite a good mess distribution. Well I sucked it out with a wet/dry vac and you can't just pour that stuff anywhere. Well I was doing about 65 mph when that cement truck did a sudden lane change. I hit the brakes hard and the little bungie that I used to strap it down let go. Needless to say, that 8 gallons of liquid refreshment flew across the truck and exploded. This pic tells part of the story. The dog bed and the TV that I removed from the boat were both casualties. It was actually worse than in pics

The second incident happened at the VERY end of the ramp coming off the boat dock. The juice did not make it to the water but did make a big mess.

gcarter
04-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Ugh! :nilly:

So if you have enough accidents in enough places, maybe you can just mop it up w/paper towels and just throw the towels away! :wink:

The Hedgehog
04-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Ugh! :nilly:

So if you have enough accidents in enough places, maybe you can just mop it up w/paper towels and just throw the towels away! :wink:

That's pretty good.

The funny thing is that when I went to get some oil dry from the marina folks, they handed me some windex and paper towels. I shrugged my shoulders and went to the auto parts store.

Here is the first incident AFTER the first round of cleanup.

zelatore
04-28-2010, 06:50 PM
That's pretty good.

The funny thing is that when I went to get some oil dry from the marina folks, they handed me some windex and paper towels. I shrugged my shoulders and went to the auto parts store.

Here is the first incident AFTER the first round of cleanup.

uhg indeed! I've had to clean a few bilges in my time, and it's never fun. Especially on older boats that have decades to accumulate 'stuff'.

Man, just be glad you were driving a truck and not an SUV when the vac got loose! You'd never get that gunk out of the interior!