PDA

View Full Version : Anybody using one of these Dana Billet Controls?

Tborisch
04-27-2010, 07:03 AM
Looking into putting one of these into the 22 Classic. They make it in all polished with a clear anodize.

Just curious if anybody has one installed.. I've never done a throttle install, and i can't imagine it's the easiest thing to do, but I hate the stock merc control.

Tom

LuauLounge
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Installed one on my 1998 22Zx. Well worth the money. The only issue was that my original Merc cables were not compatible.

Sweet Cheekz
04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
They look great Tom

Parnell

Tborisch
04-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Installed one on my 1998 22Zx. Well worth the money. The only issue was that my original Merc cables were not compatible.

how did you fix that?

Tom

Tborisch
04-27-2010, 07:21 PM
They look great Tom

Parnell

I like it, and it's more like the style I'm used to (tranny and throttle seperate)

if I buy it, you up for giving me a little "coaching" on proper install. I'm sure
it's old hat for you, but this would be a First for me.

Tom

Tborisch
04-27-2010, 07:23 PM
PS: anybody know who's gonna have the best price on these... Man, pricey!!

Tom

fogducker III
04-27-2010, 07:32 PM
PS: anybody know who's gonna have the best price on these... Man, pricey!!

Tom

Look up at the ad banner above, ask for Jamie......:wink:

Donzi LG
04-27-2010, 08:40 PM
I absolutely love mine

John

MDonziM
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I installed this throttle last year. Works great. You need to use c-33,( i think) , cables and put adapter pieces on engine side. Mine were 1994 merc.

Tborisch
04-27-2010, 09:07 PM
I have a 2003 22 Classic. I need to pull the control off and see if my cables are the ones that actually work with this control. Im not looking for some huge project.. If it's more than an easy swap, it might just have to wait until the fall :)

Tom

tmh
04-28-2010, 11:49 AM
It is a very nice upgrade and you will be happy with the result. The cables are cheap compared to the throttle and were not hard to change. The throttle psoition needed to be adjusted on mine so the throttle wasn't angled back but was straight up when at idle. When angled back my arm was at an uncomfortable position but I have an 18 rather than a 22.
T.M. Hayes

LuauLounge
04-28-2010, 10:21 PM
I have a 2003 22 Classic. I need to pull the control off and see if my cables are the ones that actually work with this control. Im not looking for some huge project.. If it's more than an easy swap, it might just have to wait until the fall :)

Tom

If you have the Quicksilver 3000 or something similar, with an interlock from N to F to R, you need this. Just for docking, you cannot believe the difference. I went from where I dreaded docking or pulling into our slip to complete control.
If your current contols use threaded cables, rather than eyes where a bolt passes through the cable, you should be good to go.

VetteLT193
04-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Tom

You don't have to pull the stock one. Both ends are the same so you can just look in the engine compartment.

33 series cables have a threaded end on them. The stock merc cables don't have a threaded end. If there is a black plastic 'thing' that holds the cable in place they won't work. I am 99.9% confident you don't have 33 series cables from the factory.