PDA

View Full Version : Best Singer?

McGary911
04-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Maybe a good thread idea? Who's the best singer you've ever heard? I'm thinking of rock singers, but I guess any genre would fit the bill.

Chris Cornell is it in my ears. Used to be the lead singer for Soundgarden. Just insane power in the guy's voice. Tons of range too. Looked it up, and the guy has a 4 octave range. That's opera territory. He sang for Audioslave too, which is a bunch of guys from Rage Against the Machine, with Cornell on vocals. I remember playing Soundgarden when I ran my college radio station in 91-92. The stuff is still good.

I appreciate anything that guy sings. He could probably order coffee at Starubucks, and it would probably sound good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_cornell

Who's your fav?

G-MAN
04-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Areatha Franklin. Did I spell that right?

Cuda
04-25-2010, 05:35 PM
I didn't like his style, but I think Steve Perry of Journey had a helluva voice.

Cuda
04-25-2010, 05:38 PM
On the women side, I'd go with either Joni Mitchell, or Linda Ronstadt, although I'm sure I'm sure Stevie Nicks was in love with me.

Cuda
04-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Areatha Franklin. Did I spell that right?
The queen of soul. R E S P E C T! :)

mrfixxall
04-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Maybe a good thread idea? Who's the best singer you've ever heard? I'm thinking of rock singers, but I guess any genre would fit the bill.

Chris Cornell is it in my ears. Used to be the lead singer for Soundgarden. Just insane power in the guy's voice. Tons of range too. Looked it up, and the guy has a 4 octave range. That's opera territory. He sang for Audioslave too, which is a bunch of guys from Rage Against the Machine, with Cornell on vocals. I remember playing Soundgarden when I ran my college radio station in 91-92. The stuff is still good.

I appreciate anything that guy sings. He could probably order coffee at Starubucks, and it would probably sound good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_cornell

Who's your fav?

He's a great singer,he sounds alot like sammy hagar in alot of his songs..

The lead singer in Queenssryche Geoff Tate has one hell of a voice,probably one of my favorite male singers..

As for female singers would be janis Joplin R.I.P.

Conquistador_del_mar
04-25-2010, 06:34 PM
On the women side, I'd go with either Joni Mitchell, or Linda Ronstadt, although I'm sure I'm sure Stevie Nicks was in love with me.

Linda Ronstadt would be one of my favorite female singers. Have you listened to her albums made with the Nelson Riddle Orchestra? - fabulous! :yes:

Ghost
04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
"I've been called the songbird of my generation. By those who've heard me."

Ed Donnelly
04-26-2010, 05:13 AM
Nobody can touch Adam Lopez with his 6 octave range
and for females it can only be Georgia Brown with 8 octave range.....Ed

Cuda
04-26-2010, 07:04 AM
He's a great singer,he sounds alot like sammy hagar in alot of his songs..

The lead singer in Queenssryche Geoff Tate has one hell of a voice,probably one of my favorite male singers..

As for female singers would be janis Joplin R.I.P.
They say Janis Joplin could scream in 10 different keys. I never was much a fan of hers, and as far as Sammy Hagar goes, he was mistake. As the Van Halan brothers.

Cuda
04-26-2010, 07:06 AM
Linda Ronstadt would be one of my favorite female singers. Have you listened to her albums made with the Nelson Riddle Orchestra? - fabulous! :yes:
Back in 1977, I used to put on her album and pretend she was singing to me'
I don't know why she was fooling around with the governor of California, she must not have known I was available.

Cuda
04-26-2010, 07:08 AM
"I've been called the songbird of my generation. By those who've heard me."
I heard that people like to hear you sing tenor............ten or twelve blocks away! :)

mattyboy
04-26-2010, 08:07 AM
well I guess as any other discussion there is slight differences in the base matter of the discussion.

singers there are some that can technically sing with a wide range then there are VOICES/PIPES/

VOICES that fit the music Bon Scott/Brian Johnson ACDC

then there are VOICES that one would say wow that guy/girl can sing I know that voice anywhere

from the silky to the raspy

some voices come to mind

barry white
steve perry
stevie nicks

my favorite voice

male: michael mc donald doobie brothers

and someone you guys probably never listen to but I have cause of my daughter
Pink she has a tremendous voice and can sing many different types of songs

Conquistador_del_mar
04-26-2010, 10:19 AM

One of my favorite songs is Get the Party Started by Pink. It will get you going - :yes: Bill

Cuda
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
well I guess as any other discussion there is slight differences in the base matter of the discussion.

singers there are some that can technically sing with a wide range then there are VOICES/PIPES/

VOICES that fit the music Bon Scott/Brian Johnson ACDC

then there are VOICES that one would say wow that guy/girl can sing I know that voice anywhere

from the silky to the raspy

some voices come to mind

barry white
steve perry
stevie nicks

my favorite voice

male: michael mc donald doobie brothers

I love AC/DC. Even though they aren't my favorite band, if I had a tear the roof off party, I'd want AC/DC playing at it.

If you can't get laid with Barry White on the box, you have no chance.:)

Cuda
04-26-2010, 11:17 AM
Rolling Stone or some magazine was interviewing someone from AC/DC. He told him that they had six albums that sounded all the same.

The guy from AC/DC got indignant and said. "No we don't. We have SEVEN albums that all sound the same.". :)

mattyboy
04-26-2010, 06:44 PM
I guess if I could have my wish, and stand up in front of a mic I would want to be able to sing like this guy, another un-mistakeble voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ssNkJrmZ6g&a=6uH12MQkc1A&playnext_from=ML

farmer tx
04-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Frank Zappa:lookaroun:

Conquistador_del_mar
04-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Frank Zappa:lookaroun:

Gonna be a dental floss tycoon - :nilly: