PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Cuda
04-23-2010, 08:41 PM
It only took me 36 years to get a 2 year degree at college.

I kept changing majors when I went college in St Pete, until I decided I was majoring in astonomy..........I was taking up space. :)

They kept make me taking drinking 101, though I was damn good at that!

Now I have to figure out what I want to be when I grow up, :(

penbroke
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Congrads man!

I don't know what I want to be either but I haven't grown up yet so it hasn't been a problem...

Frank

Cuda
04-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Congrads man!
I don't know what I want to be either but I haven't grown up yet so it hasn't been a problem...
Frank
That's why I haven't had kids. I figured I should wait until I grew up'

Like Jimmy Buffet said: I'm growing older, but not up.

I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.

Walt. H.
04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
ConGrats Joe,
Now you have something else to hang on your office wall besides boat pic's.

I always thought the expression was: I want to die living rather then live dying.
But I think its best to wait until one is 80 before taking up sky diving as a hobby.
All The Best,
Walt

Cuda
04-24-2010, 07:41 AM
I want to be shot by a jealous husband when I'm 95.
The girl I'm crazy about just left to go back to Boston Thursday. She called this morning. She got there at 4 am last night. That's a long ass drive!

MOP
04-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Great news Joe! But truthfully I would not want you bill for pencils!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry Eller
04-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Congratulations...go on and get your PHD...then we can call you Dr. Cuda!:kingme:

Cuda
04-24-2010, 10:40 AM
I was thinking of a PHD in math.

I wish I had a PHD...............Pappa Has Dough! :)

Tidbart
04-24-2010, 11:21 AM
Congrats Cuda!

See, you can teach an old dog......:wink:

ACE51
04-24-2010, 11:23 AM
college is a beer I mean bear, I feel your pain. Congrats!

Ghost
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Congratulations! Way to stick with it.

Bamboo Loui
04-24-2010, 04:13 PM
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have stuck with school-- should not have left after going to 2 different schools only to be enticed by a feeling I was smarter than my instructors-- By now could have some kind of degree--- at 58 and still figuring out what I want to do after getting rid of my company, it would be nice to be able to say I was smart!!!!:smile: I can't tell you how many jobs I was turned down for because I was not educated!!! didn't matter if I was a performer-- I was not educated--- you are!! congrats again!!!

RedDog
04-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Congratulations!

My Donzi Deb just registered yesterday for classes at the University of TN. She will start this Summer after a 25 year hiatus from school.

Damn - I'm married to a co-ed.

Bamboo Loui
04-24-2010, 04:52 PM
still trying to get my coed wife to volunteer to be a red bikini girl at AOTH--

OK she is a few years younger than me!! was going to post a picture fron st Marrten but realized it would haunt me forever:eek:

Cuda
04-24-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd like to take at least one class over the summer semester. I was thinking about taking statistics. I had statistics in one of my math classes in the 70's. I still don't know how I came up with the answers, but they were right. :)

I'm also thinking of taking woodwind music. I played the saxophone in the fifth grade, and I still have that sax. :)

need for speed
04-24-2010, 10:32 PM
Congrads man !!!!! SCHOOLS SUCKS BUT I DID IT TOO!! THE BEST FEELING!

Ed Donnelly
04-25-2010, 12:41 AM
Good on you Joe........................Ed

CHACHI
04-25-2010, 05:44 AM
Joe, nice job......

Ken

THEDONZ33
04-25-2010, 06:58 PM
34 years of college down the drain !!!!

Congrats !!!!!

onesubdrvr
04-26-2010, 05:59 AM
Joe,

I haven't been around much lately, travel to the Bahamas has been fairly extensive this year,...

Many congratulations my friend, keep it up :)

Cuda
04-26-2010, 07:01 AM
Joe,

I haven't been around much lately, travel to the Bahamas has been fairly extensive this year,...

Many congratulations my friend, keep it up :)
Wayne, you gave me the inspiration to go back.

Craig S
04-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Way to go, bud! Its a lot more work the way you did it!
Craig

onesubdrvr
04-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Wayne, you gave me the inspiration to go back.
Thanks Joe,.....

WARNING: I'm going to get emotional for a second;

I live my life and try to be a good person, and if I can make a positive difference in someones life it gives me a great big warm and fuzzy feeling inside, so again, thanks :)

Keep going, be well, and don't be a stranger

Wayne

Cuda
04-27-2010, 12:08 PM
I just went to the college yesterday. They don't have the courses I need to be a math major. They have a curiculum for being a math teacher, but the counselor told me if one guy was a math major, and the other had a degree as a math teacher, the math major would get the job as teacher.

I signed up to take statistics this summer. It would count towards my math major if I go that route. If I do, I probably will have to take courses at UCF in Orlando.

z33donzi
04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
congrats my wife is 40-huuuuuuuuu yeah and she just went back to school to finish up her nursing degree i know now what i want to be when i grow up the thing is Ive forgotten what is was already so i use the rest of my time to remember what it was now what where we talking about :pimp:

Cuda
04-27-2010, 12:23 PM
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have stuck with school-- should not have left after going to 2 different schools only to be enticed by a feeling I was smarter than my instructors-- By now could have some kind of degree--- at 58 and still figuring out what I want to do after getting rid of my company, it would be nice to be able to say I was smart!!!!:smile: I can't tell you how many jobs I was turned down for because I was not educated!!! didn't matter if I was a performer-- I was not educated--- you are!! congrats again!!!
All my years in school, I've only had one instructor that I thought was smarter than me. He was Mr Green, and he taught logic. I figured it would be an easy math credit. So did everyone else. We started that class with 32 students, and only 8 of us took the final. Everyone else dropped the course. It was always a battle of wits between this pocket protector weaing geek and me. He was the first person I ever saw with a hand held calculator (TI 100). I came to class barefooted, hair almost to my waist wearing a Grateful Dead t shirt. Mr Green was grading our finals as we turned them in. The geek got finished about a minute ahead of me, and watched as Mr Green graded his final. He made 196 out of 200. He was feeling pretty smug so he hung around to see my grade. 200 of 200!
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

I had some statistics on a college math course I took. To this day, I couldn't tell you how I arrived at the right answer, but I did. We had seven tests in that class and I made seven 100's. :)

Cuda
04-27-2010, 12:36 PM
congrats my wife is 40-huuuuuuuuu yeah and she just went back to school to finish up her nursing degree i know now what i want to be when i grow up the thing is Ive forgotten what is was already so i use the rest of my time to remember what it was now what where we talking about :pimp:
There are a lot of nursing majors at Daytona State.

My sister in law is almost through with her nursing degree. She's about the same age as my little brother, and he's 44. When Jack went to gradeschool, me and my sisters weren't allowed to tell him how smart he was. He's awfully sharp. I have a fist cousin who's my age, and had been the West Virginina state champion chess player for the past 30 years or so. He's too smart for his own good. When we all went to Grandma's house, the rest of us would be running the woods, and Donnie would be reading a chess book. He skewed the curve for the rest of us. In Uncle Charle's family, there is a lawyer, one cousin is a doctor and a lawyer, a naval aviator, and a construction worker who owns his own business. He has a daughter that is two years younger than me, who Uncle Charles said he thought Beclky was the smartest of them all. She does the exact same job as my little brother.