PDA

View Full Version : DO's/DON'T's of AOTH X..please read if attending

FISHIN SUCKS
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
This thread is for Newbies and Veterans alike on making the most of and having a great time at AOTH!

The 'DO's'.

DO......

1. have gas in your boat. While there will be a tow boat, and others will help out with your misfortune, this is no good way to save on gas.
2. bring a jacket and some pants. In the event of crappy weather (of which we have no control over), this measure should help prevent any complaining.
3. bring your own beverage of choice. If you like to drink, this is a dry county, so bring your own stock. Bum'n one here and there is okay, but moochers are loser's.
4. get your pre-registration in as soon as possible. May 1st is the target date. The organizers are participants as well, so let's make sure everyone has a great time.
5. plan on getting a good cardio workout. There are, on average, 72 steps to go up and down from the parking lot to the dock. If your hotel room is on the second floor, add another 14 steps or so. Get in shape, North Americans (like how I included our Canadian friends?).
6. get ready to have a GREAT TIME!!!!! Barbi (my wife) and I have been coming to this event since 2004, and have met so many cool people, learned so much, and look forward to this event every year.
7. plan on seeing some floating lumber in the water if we have a heavy rain (the kind that last a few days like in Forrest Gump). Although, we have had many years where the water has been virtually debris free, floaters can happen. Either way, we all make the most of it.
8. remember to bring an auction item to donate. Typically boat related items, Donzi anything, Cigarette stuff, Don Aronow things, beer/wine/booze.

The 'DON'T's'.

DON'T.......

1. bring a NEGATIVE attitude!!! This is a fun event, don't screw it up for the majority of everyone having a GREAT TIME (see step 6 above). I have broke a few times at this event, but there are many people willing to help you out (including myself). If you have a complaint, bring it to me. If I start laughing in your face 'cause of your bad attitude and you don't like it, pack your junk up and leave.
2. complain about the weather. We have no control over what the weather is and does.
3. bring any arrogance. This is a great group of people that attends this event and the one thing that many agree with me on regarding this event is that it is pretty easy going. If you have an ego, leave it at home.

Feel free to contribute any other DO's and DON'T's of any quality value.

For all 'Newbies', I am more than willing to help you out with any questions or directions (we were once one of you and I can relate). Follow these rules above and you will do just fine. You will find that this Donzi crowd (and Cigarette et all) is a great bunch to hang with. The boats are what brought us together, and we love our boats.

Look forward to seeing/meeting all of you, have a safe and pleasant trip to Jamestown, KY:yes::wink:,

tom:kingme:

gero1
04-23-2010, 06:42 AM
y 4 u gots 2 use dem bigg words fer? airogainest? eggo? atatool? i aint got know i d whats youse saying. wil sum 1 help me tie my boat up up wit ropes n bumperss??:happy_bi:

glashole
04-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Do

take the ropes off your boat when you leave the dock
there will be alot of pictures being taken and it apparently is a little pet peeve of some here on the board

Do

be respectful of the people who would like to stay up all night and party with the people they only get to see once a year, they will be loud, and obnoxious, but if you get up with them you will probably have a good time

FISHIN SUCKS
04-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Do

take the ropes off your boat when you leave the dock
there will be alot of pictures being taken and it apparently is a little pet peeve of some here on the board

Do

be respectful of the people who would like to stay up all night and party with the people they only get to see once a year, they will be loud, and obnoxious, but if you get up with them you will probably have a good time
Barbi LOL's at your post and you too Robert.
Good points made.

Team Jefe
04-26-2010, 06:29 AM
Hold'up....Team Jefe will be there....that is nothing but Ego and Attitude:kingme:

DO - Bring a Red Bikini for all Ladies in your party:wink:

glashole
04-26-2010, 07:07 AM
[quote=Team Jefe;563096]Hold'up....Team Jefe will be there....that is nothing but Ego and Attitude:kingme:]

anyone from texas gets a special pass in these depts

FISHIN SUCKS
04-26-2010, 07:55 AM
[quote=Team Jefe;563096]Hold'up....Team Jefe will be there....that is nothing but Ego and Attitude:kingme:]

anyone from texas gets a special pass in these depts
True dat!

Here's another DON'T:

RED BIKINIDON'T mean red speedo for men. It just aint right. No banana hammocks:frown:

Team Jefe
04-26-2010, 04:40 PM
I do agree with the Distinguished Gentlemen From Indiana.....

But, here is how much I love RED bikini's.....I will take the RED Speedo's on men, if they bring at least one Female Hottie in RED with them.:kingme:

If you can pimp it...pimp it baby:eek:

Except for Todd:nilly:

FISHIN SUCKS
04-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Distinguished!?!?!?!? Dood, that is rich, you referred to me as Distinguished.........Robert, yooos that werd in a sentence.

DO REMEMBER TO GET YOUR PRE-REGISTRATION MAILED OUT THIS WEEK Deadline for the inexpensive registration in this Saturday, May 1st. This is also point #4 in the first post above for the 'DO's'!

Ghost
04-29-2010, 11:20 AM
If "guy" and "speedo" show up in the same sentence again around here it'd better have "MPH" in it.

Wish Lisa and I could make it out there again this year but the stars lined up against us.

FISHIN SUCKS
05-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Okay, early report in. according to the weather.com, the 10 day forecast shows sunny and a high of 77:) on Thursday!

Trueser
05-11-2010, 04:01 PM
That will change ...

80's and sunny

z33donzi
05-11-2010, 07:49 PM
the old saying here is that if you don't like the weather wait a few minutes it will change / sounds like the same dam crowd here at nolin lake :bonk:

FISHIN SUCKS
05-13-2010, 08:37 AM
another 'DO':

DO remember to bring your camera! A lot of people take a lot of great shots, but ya can never get enough, like this one:

http://www.sigmamotorsports.com/cgi-bin/ImageFolio4/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Trail_Runs_-_Boat_Trips_-_Events/Boating_Trips/Awakening_of_the_Horses/2009&image=DSCN4463.jpg&img=48&tt=

Who puts wieners in an exhaust tip of a Blackhawk:confused:???

One other Thing, DO remember to bring an item to donate to the auction:yes:. Ideas of what people have brought in the past: Donzi coolers, Donzi Boarding mats, Tervis Tumblers, Donzi art work, Autographed guitar, Don Aronow signed steering wheel (this was very cool):cool:, golf clubs with golf bag, Donzi/Cigarette carry bags, Donzi Shirts/robes/towels/blankets/etc., beer, booze, special shine (sour mash with fruitie chunks, yum, this stuff will kick you in the booboo:eek:). Feel free to be creative with what you bring. This is NOT a 'white elephant' thing! We don't want yer pair of used mud grip tires, a fender off a '73 Monte Carlo, your used tissue collection, or boxers that don't fit you anymore:nilly:. PM me or post it on here if you have any questions.

Another 'DO'. DO bring a checkbook or cash, you may actually want to buy some of this stuff:yes:.

tom

tom

z33donzi
05-13-2010, 08:55 AM
are sure that you sure thats a dog or has some one been in the engine compartment too long :nilly: