PDA

View Full Version : Thanks

Sweet Cheekz
04-22-2010, 07:58 AM
I've been a member of oso for a long time and over the years I really got sick of all the arguments about this boat versus that boat. It got to be so political and often personal that it just wasn't fun anymore. I stopped by there this morning and went through a few pages of a major fight going on and it reminded me why I love this site and Rootsy's site so much.
The knowledge that a lot of you possess about Donzi's and boats in general is incredible and the respectfullness almost everyone shows to each other is fantastic. There are rarely fights and and they are never about this donzi is better than that donzi ect.
I thank eveyone that frequents this site for their class and all the great opinions and advice that is available. I hope you all enjoy being on here as much as I do
Parnell

Kirbyvv
04-22-2010, 08:14 AM
I second that!!!

Carl C
04-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Hey, quit starting sh!t............lol :beer: (group hug smily is gone?)

BUIZILLA
04-22-2010, 08:41 AM
here here :pimp: :yes: :kingme: :cool:

Parnell.... please don't tell Jayboat :toiletpap this site exists :eek:

Sierra Tango II
04-22-2010, 09:07 AM
I agree with you Parnell. Im just getting back into it (thanks to watching you through this site). I joined OSO just to read and learn, and although there is a lot of great info, there is also a lot of guys that are looking to slam someone every chance they get. I thoroughly enjoy reading and learning from the guys on here that are modifying/restoring these great old boats and the camaraderie,respect, and advice that all the members are willing to share. Had I known about this site before I may have never sold you my GT haha :bonk:.

The Hedgehog
04-22-2010, 10:27 AM
I love OSO. Lot's of victims with some large egos. Perfect place to start a good argument.

All you have to do is open the door and they walk right into a nice trap.

"I have a Rinker Fiesta V that runs 58.7 mph. Do you think it needs full hydraulic steering?" "Single ram or twin?"

They do have a few of the same discussions as Donzi.net but some of the answers and whining is priceless.

I like the guy with the 120 mph Cat who thought he had a 540. It was even featured in a magazine article. He talked to his engine builder and later found that it was actually a 572. Gotta respect a guy that knows his stuff. Then he went on to tell everyone how much money he had and called Rik from Arneson a bumbass.

Sweet Cheekz
04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
"I have a Rinker Fiesta V that runs 58.7 mph. Do you think it needs full hydraulic steering?" "Single ram or twin?"

Well I have a Four Winns Horizon that will kick your ass in 5-7 foot waves

or something like that :nilly:

Parnell

Sweet Cheekz
04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
ST Glad I didn't say anything then!

I'm not knocking everyone over there, of course, there are a lot of great guys and information but it does seem the tool crib is fuller
Parnell

The Hedgehog
04-22-2010, 02:59 PM
Well I have a Four Winns Horizon that will kick your ass in 5-7 foot waves

or something like that :nilly:

Parnell

Yeah, well you have yet to tangle with my Caravelle Interceptor. It has a 305, silent choice and a cool looking paint job. My speedo says it does 75 so it will beat most of those Donzi's. Back to the tool shed.....

LITTLE MAX
04-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I've been a member of oso for a long time and over the years I really got sick of all the arguments about this boat versus that boat. It got to be so political and often personal that it just wasn't fun anymore. I stopped by there this morning and went through a few pages of a major fight going on and it reminded me why I love this site and Rootsy's site so much.
The knowledge that a lot of you possess about Donzi's and boats in general is incredible and the respectfullness almost everyone shows to each other is fantastic. There are rarely fights and and they are never about this donzi is better than that donzi ect.
I thank eveyone that frequents this site for their class and all the great opinions and advice that is available. I hope you all enjoy being on here as much as I do
Parnell well said Parnell that site has not been the same for two years now
I rarely post on there see you soon my friend

FISHIN SUCKS
04-22-2010, 05:21 PM
Yeah, well you have yet to tangle with my Caravelle Interceptor. It has a 305, silent choice and a cool looking paint job. My speedo says it does 75 so it will beat most of those Donzi's. Back to the tool shed.....
OMG.....you idiot.........I was going to say 'my caravelle interceptor.........' and you stole my boat and line. You ruined it for me Bill, but I love ya brutha, you're the king:kingme:

Well said Parnell, very well put! I find the similarity in my own personal experience of racing with the Corvette club or racing with SCCA people......I much prefer the Corvette People over the SCCA People. Just my opinion, everybody's got one:tooth:

thehow33
04-22-2010, 06:34 PM
I agree Parnell...this site is way better and most people here are always willing to lend a hand without expecting anything in return. If only we could get more people to be like that. I grew up with little trueser, and i've met fixx and mark horne. I can't believe how nice all of them are and how willing they are to help me. I was there almost every night with trueser working on his 22. I didn't know anything of course then, but learned a lot and now that I finally got my own 22 i've been able to use that experience to get mine setup nicely. Then there's mark and fixx, who have helped me out with those things that I just couldn't figure out and didn't know where to go to get it done, which of course made me want to just sell the damn thing.haha

The Hedgehog
04-23-2010, 07:45 AM
OMG.....you idiot.........I was going to say 'my caravelle interceptor.........' and you stole my boat and line. You ruined it for me Bill, but I love ya brutha, you're the king:kingme:
Well said Parnell, very well put! I find the similarity in my own personal experience of racing with the Corvette club or racing with SCCA people......I much prefer the Corvette People over the SCCA People. Just my opinion, everybody's got one:tooth:

Priceless.

I though that you were only challenged by Checkmates

Jraysray
04-23-2010, 08:25 AM

Looks like we have some type of secret Caravelle Interceptor fan club here. Jeannette and I really knew nothing about boats other than we wanted one. First on her list was a "TOON" should have seen my face on that one.... Then we saw an Interceptor, eh... got close to the purchase then we ran across the Donzi. SOLD! Knew nothing about them but boy was it Badd AZZ.

Anyway I agree, it does get heated at times but for the most part people calm down and we get over it. The information and expertise found on this site is amazing.

BTW, the neighbor just pulled a barge like toon in front of the house. She was eyeballing it. Somewhere, sometime I see one of these in my future.....

Carl C
04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000417930173&ref=profile#!/pages/Bayliner-Offshore-Racing-Team/115678801780188

Ya'll don't know chit unless you are an official fan of the Bayliner Off-shore Racing Team.....:lookaroun:

DickB
04-23-2010, 05:32 PM
First on her list was a "TOON" should have seen my face on that one....
My spouse does not particularly care for the Donzi - she has been out in it maybe 5 times. This spring she said she'd like a 'toon, so we added one to the fleet. We were just out in it yesterday. Whatever it takes to get her on the water. Maybe she'll warm up to the Donzi after some time in the 'toon.

GBond
04-23-2010, 07:36 PM
yawn........:biggrin:

22times2
04-24-2010, 05:05 PM
they each have there purpose and are both fun pending your day of fun fast or relax

joseph m. hahnl
04-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Looks like we have some type of secret Caravelle Interceptor fan club here. Jeannette and I really knew nothing about boats other than we wanted one. First on her list was a "TOON" should have seen my face on that one.... Then we saw an Interceptor, eh... got close to the purchase then we ran across the Donzi. SOLD! Knew nothing about them but boy was it Badd AZZ.

Anyway I agree, it does get heated at times but for the most part people calm down and we get over it. The information and expertise found on this site is amazing.

BTW, the neighbor just pulled a barge like toon in front of the house. She was eyeballing it. Somewhere, sometime I see one of these in my future.....

Like one of these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjjcFVh5pHA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdkYyQ3_qA4&feature=related

Just Say N20
04-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Personally, I can't stand it when people post what is a "gear-head" video, and then insert loud music over the top of it.

Anyone watching this type of video with LOVE the sound of a nice V8, but probably not like whatever annoying music you stick over the top of the engine.

Wannabe videographer/producers. :nilly:

I like this one, because they guy has the smarts to fade out the music, when the real music starts. Posted before, but always worth another look. Still the most awesome rooter tail video for a "pleasure boat."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUX347RsFGg

thehow33
04-24-2010, 10:56 PM
I love the fact that after the boat passes you can actually hear the water falling from the rooster tail.

Sweet Cheekz
04-25-2010, 08:07 AM
The water hitting is a good sound unless its from some big cat that cut you off on a poker run and washed you down. Then it makes a whole different sound hitting the deck of your boat and your forehead. Not as pretty

Parnell

joseph m. hahnl
04-25-2010, 10:22 AM
The water hitting is a good sound unless its from some big cat that cut you off on a poker run and washed you down. Then it makes a whole different sound hitting the deck of your boat and your forehead. Not as pretty

Parnell

That happened to me in my whaler as a kid. we were going under a bridge that can only fit one boat at a time. we had already gone in when a Berkley Jet started to enter. He had to back up and got a little pissed off.
So I'm pulling my Brother skiing. The Guy comes up beside me, pulls right in front of me and trims up. The force was so great I couldn't Keep my head straight. My brother said the whaler disappeared under the jet tail and was almost hitting Him. Then when we were changing skiers He did it again.
Funny thing too, The boats Name was "Illegal"

thehow33
04-25-2010, 10:55 AM

Parnell

HAHA I bet

thehow33
04-25-2010, 10:57 AM
That happened to me in my whaler as a kid. we were going under a bridge that can only fit one boat at a time. we had already gone in when a Berkley Jet started to enter. He had to back up and got a little pissed off.
So I'm pulling my Brother skiing. The Guy comes up beside me, pulls right in front of me and trims up. The force was so great I couldn't Keep my head straight. My brother said the whaler disappeared under the jet tail and was almost hitting Him. Then when we were changing skiers He did it again.
Funny thing too, The boats Name was "Illegal"

What an A$$
That's when you drive next to him and force him into the shallows so he sucks up lots of sand.:angel: