PDA

View Full Version : Impromptu Michigan Donzi Mini-Event

Carl C
04-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Got tgether today with Parnell "Sweet Cheekz and Tom "Tborisch" for some fun on Spring Lake and Lake Michigan. I had no idea that Parnell's boat runs over 80 mph! It's not just bling! Tom's '03 looked impeccable and a lot like mine. He has good choice in colors, shoulda got a better pic of it. Had fun running the Lake Michigan shore together. After Tom and Parnell left. I went back out on Lake Michigan with a friend for a quick run out into the lake and back. My best speed for the day: 84.3.

Pics:
1. 3 Classics, Tom on the dock
2,3. Parnell and his awesome 16
4. That guy looks familiar.
5. Heading out for some fun.
6,7,8. Four historic lights. Grand Haven South Pier inner & outer lights, Two lights at Muskegon Harbor.
9. This is so cool. I've never seen this before. It is the equivelant of a railroad drawbridge but the center section rises and turns to let boats past.

fogducker III
04-21-2010, 12:14 AM
Good on ya boys.......glad to see some of "us" boating........as soon as the shop is finished I plan on dusting the ole girl off and getting out......after the house move it will be interesting getting into the "groove" of the new boat ramp and water........:crossfing:

Sweet Cheekz
04-21-2010, 07:10 AM
Glad you made it over Carl. Nice meeting you and your friend. Your boat rocks and sounds awesome. It was a perfect Lake Michigan day for the Donzi's. We could have used 30 degrees but other than that it was great. See you soon
Parnell

Carl C
04-21-2010, 07:23 AM
Parnell, by the time we got back out there it was quite a bit colder. It was 5 pm. It was numbingly cold. We shot offshore about 10 miles (I wanted to go further), had a quick....ahh...soda ;) and headed back. That long no wake zone eats up a lot of time but that is a very interesting harbor/lake. We'll do it again!

Sweet Cheekz
04-21-2010, 07:33 AM
I can imagine cause it was cold as heck when we were out there. News last night said it was a high of 48 at the lakeshore Going 80 mph thats a bit refreshing. Next time we will use the good ramp close to the lake after its dredged.
Parnell