PDA

View Full Version : fueling my 99zx

22billyzx
04-20-2010, 07:29 PM
I have a '99 22ft ZX,and have had problems with it taking gas. Orignally thought it might be the vent tube,but this weekend i really dug into why i was having this problem. I discovered the main fill tube that goes thru the floor and into the tank is basically pinched shut. I was able to see into the floor by removing a trim piece in the front of the cuddy,and could see that the line is on top on a stringer,instead of the slotted area in the stringer. This is a spot in the stringer where the gas fill tube should go before it goes across the floor to the tank. Tried tugging on the line by removing the access panel on the port side (beside the seat) and a speaker hole where i can get my arm in to my elbow. The fill tube is extremely stiff,and had no luck trying to pull it back to the position it should be. My next option is to hopefully push a new fill tube thru the floor and reconnect it,leaving the old line there. Anyone else had this problem?

Dr. David Fleming
04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Have the same slow fill at the gas dock. The attendant is always spilling gas in the lake and it takes time to fill the 50 gal tank. Did take out the speaker and access port but couldn't see a problem. Where have you located this pinched line? The cap to tank hose is only about three feet long and seems fairly direct run. Think I will go out and check the routing on mine.