PDA

View Full Version : 1996 Donzi 16, V8, Windshield, 2+2 (NOT MINE)

Just Say N20
04-19-2010, 08:47 AM
http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/boa/1697525207.html

THEDONZ33
04-25-2010, 05:57 PM
I just brought it home and put in the garage
:yes:

CHACHI
04-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Congrats..

Ken

Just Say N20
04-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Most Excellent!

Anxious to hear of your adventures with it.

It must have been as nice as it looked.

I love a happy ending!

THEDONZ33
04-26-2010, 07:04 AM
Most Excellent!
Anxious to hear of your adventures with it.
It must have been as nice as it looked.
I love a happy ending!

Yes it was even nicer then it looked.
Cosmetically the boat is near perfect the gelcoat is not faded and very glossy with NO spider cracking around any deck hardware. The rub rail is perferct as well with NO scuffing around the entire permiter of the boat. The entire hull and keel is solid clean and dry and free of defects. The only less the perfect cosmetic issue is that the black boarder pinstriping is a bit tattered and small protions are missing (Big Deal).
The apholstry is perfect as well with no rips tears or blehmishes, or loose threads, and is soft and supple with no discoloration. All the piping is in tact as well. It all looks to be original and NOt restored. The deck Hardware such as the air vents are showing the very very early signs of pitting. The only evidence of that is that they have a very slight pimple feel with NO chipping of crome,and is not noticable just by looking at them they just are not perfectaly smooth.
Now the mechanical side is a little different story. The owner was not able to provide an accurate mechanical history of the boat. The alpha out drive is in less then perfect condition with some very minor pitting of surface rust. minor clacium scaling and mercury stickers have minor cracking and peeling. The drive was also freshly painted over. The exhaust pipe crome is very nice and new looking also seems to be original however the straboard pipe was missing the internal flapper baffel, the port pipe is in perfect condition.
The engine (also not original) turned over with NO problems, that is only after I realized I hadn't flipped the Kill switch to ON (Dumb Ass). It idle very smooth and sounded out very well and solid from what i could tell. The only other issue is that I saw a small leak near the top of the bell housing on the inside of the transome. I am not sure exactly what needs to be replaced at this point, hoping to get to adress that issue this week so I can be on the water next weekend and run a full shake down. I wasnt able to run her full bore since the sea trial was on lake St. Clair and there was a solid 3-5 foot chop, but I did get out the cobb webbs and what a GREAT ride for such a little sport boat In BIG water. Handled absolutly perfectly. More to come including pictures (hopefully) next week, After the home launch and naming/christening party !

Sweet Cheekz
04-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Congrats Nice ride
Parnell

BUIZILLA
04-26-2010, 08:50 AM
find an SS drive for it...

pronto :kingme:

THEDONZ33
04-26-2010, 09:15 AM
find an SS drive for it...

pronto :kingme:

I found a shorty lower on ebay for an alpha but i need to find right upper to mate it too. I have considered that option but with out the upper the lower is basically useless

CHACHI
04-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Uppers are easy compared to an S/S.

Ken