PDA

View Full Version : LGDCC 2010 Spring Dustoff Agenda

mattyboy
04-15-2010, 11:59 AM
LGDCC 2010 Spring Dustoff Agenda

the club is happy to make the announcement for it's 15th Annual spring dustoff
looking forward to seeing you all there. If you have any questions please email me mnmveth@optonline.net

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/invite.html (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/invite.html)

please print the registration form out and mail it back with payment by May 24th for the price discount or by June 4th which is the dealine for registration

there are some important changes

1. THERE WILL BE NO DAY OF EVENT REGISTRATIONS

2. DRIVER'S SAFETY MEETING ATTENDANCE AND ALL SAFETY PROCEDURES ARE MANDATORY

Safety Procedures

We have always have a safe and enjoyable event with very little scrutiny by the local lake patrol in Lake George we plan on KEEPING it that way. This year we will be adopting some new safety procedures, some of these are requirements that MUST be followed some are suggestions that we would hope you follow as they make sense for your safety as well as others.

We realize that everyone wants to run their boat and they will have more than an chance to do that, we also know that for the first timer there is a level of anxiety that comes with going to a new event unfamiliar waters and people. Let me assure you, you will find no better water or people on the planet. The format of the cruise will let seasoned veteran and the newbie on the lake enjoy and see the entire lake in the safety of numbers.

Lake George Park Commission Requirements

1. a lake pass: purchased at any marina usually under $15 for a week pass all boats must have them displayed as the sticker instructs

2. there is a 45 mph speed limit

3. Noise the lake has a 90db limit and they do enforce it, (we have not had much attention to our group but if you run open pipes or close to shore like a mad man they will find you ! please if you know your boat is EXCESSIVELY loud and have been thinking of installing mufflers do it if you have them use them, we will also take routes on the lake that will keep us away from the shore line also keep in mind we have members with old Holman moody setups to 500 HP + motors with headers and we have not been a target for the patrols)

Lake George Donzi Classic Club Requirements

1. No alcohol before or during the cruise ( we have never had a problem with this but it must be said)

2. Everyone in the boat must wear a USCG APPROVED PFD type III at all times during the cruise

3. No passing the Flag/Pace boat

4. Adherence to any other items set forth at the drivers safety meeting including but not limited to boat spacing and routes during the run

5. If the boat is equipped with a safety laynard it must be worn by the driver

any violation of the above will result in a disqualification from the event and may lead to other disciplinary action deemed appropriate by the Club

Safety Suggestions

1. each boat be equipped with the "USCG safety package"

2. If you have a hand held VHF radio or cell phone bring it communication by cell is spotty at best but if we have a network of phones and radios we can relay messages

3. first aid kits

4. hand held gps

We appreciate everyone's cooperation in this and Thank You all for your support of the club.

LGDCC

Sweet Cheekz
04-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Can't wait

jl1962
04-16-2010, 10:10 AM
Check sent!

Matty/Scott - THANKS for all the hard work.

:cool!:

LadyGrizz
04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Our registration & check went out Friday!

Kirbyvv
04-19-2010, 03:29 PM
I'm really happy to hear that BigGriz and LadyGriz will be making the voyage north!!!

mattyboy
04-21-2010, 08:21 AM
The Lake George Donzi Classic Club has always held the heritage of the "Donzi Classics" in high regards. We have always tried to enhance the ownership expierence for our members and the people who love the "classics" by helping them restore,maintain,and gather the history and heritage of their beloved Donzi.

With that in mind, It is with great pleasure and honor that the club can make this announcement.

We will be honored with the presence of one of the most integral members of the design team from Donzi's storied past. Credited with such designs instrumental in the development of the boats for not only Donzi but other famed boats of "thunderboat row".

Walt Walters will be our honored guest at this year's Dustoff. He will give us a great look into the past on Donzi and all of his other designs,prototypes,race boats and other history from the "thunderboat row" days.

The club is extremely happy about this and can think of no better way to celebrate our 15th annual Dustoff.

This year will be a dustoff not to miss, the club is now making a concentrated effort to get as many donzi classics , plus to get as many models of the donzi classics at the event this year.

You really don't want to miss this one, just think the man who designed many of our boats, who may have even been there at the factory to see your boat popped from the mold!

so get your DONZI CLASSIC tuned up ,shined up, and pointed up the NY State thruway towards Lake George.

see our website www.lgdonziclassic.com (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com) for info or questions on the event drop me a line

mnmveth@optonline.net

Sweet Cheekz
04-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Matty
Thats great congrats Does he have a boat or his running in yours? :wink:

Parnell

mattyboy
04-21-2010, 04:54 PM
that's all being worked out now, we made his flight arrangements and he will be staying at the treasure cove.
will the GT be ready??
we are trying to get as many of the different classic models there ;)

Sweet Cheekz
04-21-2010, 06:03 PM
No way I can take my family all around Manhatten in the 16!
I fully plan on it hitting AOTH so it will be done by dustoff no matter what. I'm starting rigging it next week and the motor hits dyno in a week.
Can not wait for both these trips. Looking forward to seeing the Hornets!
Parnell

mattyboy
04-30-2010, 10:36 AM
getting close :)

mattyboy
04-30-2010, 11:19 AM
Please if any one has questions about our event please ask away or if you would like drop me a line

mnmveth@optonline.net

the menu should be ready in a day or so

:)

BUIZILLA
04-30-2010, 11:57 AM
Carl, it probably would be best if you didn't plan on this event... which, in and of itself is a marvelous place to visit and boat

let's see you drive 90 in a 45 zone on the street, and get back to us..

mattyboy
04-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Carl,

to answer your question the pace boat never exceeds 45 mph in some cases it may even go slower than 45

BUIZILLA
04-30-2010, 01:50 PM

Carl C
04-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Carl, it probably would be best if you didn't plan on this event... which, in and of itself is a marvelous place to visit and boat

let's see you drive 90 in a 45 zone on the street, and get back to us..[/quote

Oooooo, I'd hate to end up in jail in NY!:shocking:

[quote=mattyboy;563739]Carl,

to answer your question the pace boat never exceeds 45 mph in some cases it may even go slower than 45

Thanks Matty, I hear it is a breathtakingly beautiful lake

mattyboy
05-02-2010, 07:16 PM
the menu has been set

Friday Night BBQ lakeside at the treasure cove

snacks,chips,pickles
hotdogs all the way
burgers/cheeseburgers all the way
Sausage and Peppers
Grilled Chicken
Tortellini, Peas, and Prosciutto
Bowties,Mozzarella and Red Onions
Dessert

Saturday Night Awards Dinner at The Algonquin

Garden Salad
Penne ala Vodka
Chicken Marsala
Stuffed Filet of Sole
Garlic Herbed Mashed Potatoes
Seasonal Vegetable Medely
Prime Rib
Warm Apple Crisp

never mind the people, the sights, or the awesome boats, the food ain't second fiddle either ;)

mattyboy
05-11-2010, 09:05 AM
plans progress , our event permit has been granted by the commission

will be a dustoff to remember

mattyboy
05-18-2010, 10:13 AM
just a quick reminder that the deadline for the discounted event fee is approaching fast. If you would like to take advantage of the discount please get the registration filled out with payment and postmarked by the 24th of May 2010.

the deadline for the event is June 4th . there will be no "day of the event" registration.

check for the agenda and the registration form print and mail it to us

http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/invite.html

don't forget the lake cruise will have a few new twist as well as the man who designed most if not all of the Donzi classics will be our honored guest.

Thank You

the LGDCC

mattyboy
05-21-2010, 08:06 AM
last weekend for the discounted price so print and fill out the registration over the weekend and get it in the mail by monday.

also june 4th 2 weeks from today is the final deadline for the event. we will need to give the establishments we deal with a final number.

so time is running out to get in on the only " donzi classic only" event of the year.

mnmveth@optonline.net

undertaker
05-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Matty sent ya an email.....:)

mattyboy
05-21-2010, 08:32 AM
ok I'll be on the lookout for it :)

mattyboy
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM
everything is set. for the bbq the show/cruise, the awards dinner with our honored guest Walt Walters. the trivia challenge will be a hoot ;)

we are looking forward to a great event.

just a little over a week left til the deadline to get into the event, by June 4th we need to have your registration in hand.

if you have any questions please drop me a line mnmveth@optonline.net

cya all on the queen of american lakes

mattyboy
05-28-2010, 07:30 AM
bunch of registrations came in yesterday will update the thread over the weekend

mattyboy
06-01-2010, 08:12 AM
deadline is the end of the week so if you've been on the fence time is running out.

some tips for everyone.

come to the algonquin Sat morning with a full tank of gas Beckley's , Chic's are all easy to find

make sure you have your lake permit, these can be purchased at the outdoorsman just down the road from Treasure Cove or on the water at Beckleys the marina directly across from The Treasure Cove docks

Friday night's BBQ will start around 7pm ish

Sat we need everyone at the Algonquin Docks by 8:15am, check IN , there will be a Continental breakfast , time for people to look at the boats ,meet and greet, the safety meeting then out on the lake.

make sure you have a PFD for everyone in your boat while out on the water everyone must have them on. Make sure you have a camera to get some pics of the great scenery. when we return to the algonquin you'll vote for driver's choice , get your hand for Texas hold'em hand, grab a bite to eat or explore the lake for the rest of the day

I will be up there Thursday afternoon around lunchtime staying at Treasure Cove. If you have any questions I can be reached by cell at
201-315-9662

CYA up there

BUIZILLA
06-01-2010, 11:21 AM
JB... you buy another Donzi?

mattyboy
06-01-2010, 12:20 PM
John,
glad to see you're gonna make it
I have last year's award for your boat as well

mattyboy
06-01-2010, 07:04 PM
here's what we have so far

GEORGE & BONNIE 2
DWIGHT & CHRISSY 2
SEAN B. 2
CLIFF & DI 2
SCOTT BAXTER 1
RICK P. 3
LADYGRIZ & GRIZ 2
KEN C. 1
WALTER H. 2
PARNELL 3
JAY L. 1
DAVID D. 3
ED S. 1
KIRBY 1
MIKE O 1
BRENDAN & JERI 2
BOB H. 2
FRANK G 1
MARSHALL M 3
BRAD & AMY 2
SCOTT & TAMMY 2
PAUL H 2
ED & AUGUSTA 2
JOHN B 1
MARIE & MATTY 2

THERE ARE A FEW UP IN THE AIR WILL UPDATE AFTER JUNE 4TH

IF THERE IS ANYTHING OR ANYONE MISSING PLEASE SPEAK UP

mattyboy
06-03-2010, 08:29 AM
a reminder, the deadline for the dustoff is tom. at this point if you are going to register, please get it in the mail but also we need to have an email or a phone call to know how many of there are you and if you'll bee at both the fri. and sat. dinners
We have to give final numbers to the caterer this weekend

thanks

mnmveth@opotonline.net

201-315-9662

mattyboy
06-04-2010, 06:21 AM
adds

zinger 2 and a 22

david hartmann 4 and st tropez and a hornetII

Zinger
06-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Does anyone have a 28 pitch four blade that I could try at the outing ? Jeff

DONZI
06-07-2010, 05:56 AM
Matty,
Please add Ken & Martha w/out Boat.
I will get payment right out.
Look forward to seeing everyone !:)
Thanks Ken !

undertaker
06-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Kenny, sorry to hear you wont have the boat was looking forward to seeing it run.....see ya next week:)

mattyboy
06-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Ken,
you got it anything for my favorite red soxs fans

I am very close to being boatless for the weekend too but we'll see

mattyboy
06-08-2010, 06:24 PM
final numbers went into the caterer today.

looking fwd to seeing everyone up there

just a few reminders

pfd's for everyone if you're going to be a passenger bring your own

lake pass

gas up fill up top off before coming to the algonquin docks in the morning

review the safety regs

be ready to enjoy yourself

be on time sat. morning

if you need anything drop me a line or call

mnmveth@optonline.net

201-315-9662

after wed june 16th use my cell I will not have or want internet access for the weekend

thanks to all who have supported the club this year and in years past

mattyboy
06-09-2010, 08:38 AM
George & bonnie 2
dwight & chrissy 2
sean b. 2
cliff & di 2
scott baxter 1
rick p. 3
ladygriz & griz 2
ken c. 1
walter h. 2
parnell 3
jay l. 1
david d. 3
ed s. 1
kirby 1
mike o 1
brendan & jeri 2
bob h. 2
frank g 1
marshall m 3
brad & amy 2
scott & tammy 2
paul h 2
ed & augusta 2
john b 1
marie & matty 2

there are a few up in the air will update after june 4th

if there is anything or anyone missing please speak up

update as of june 9

adds
boxy 1

ZINGER 2 AND A 22
DAVID HARTMANN 4 ST TROPEZ AND A HORNETII

capt steve 5 plus a 95 blackhawk
ken & martha 2

FASTEDDIE
06-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Dear Boys and Girls,
We have weather reports showing Sunny Friday 82 degrees,Saturday Sunny 86 degrees and Sunday Sunny and 81 degrees. Bring your bathing suit and sunblock.Their will be fun for all.:cool!:

jl1962
06-15-2010, 05:03 PM
What's the water temp? :shocking:

Doesn't matter, it's Lake George - I'm jumpin' in! :yes:

Up late Thursday! :cool!:

JL

jl1962
06-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Just back and a great (long) weekend for all. Lake George delivered the goods on the weather: 80's everyday, no rain, lots of sun and water (just) warm enough to swim. Boating conditions ranged from calm on Thurs, Fri and Sunday- to moderate, wind driven chop w/ lot's of traffic in the Southern Basin on Saturday. The Run went off w/out a hitch and a big thanks to the Park Commission for sanctioning and overseeing the event.

While I'm thanking people:

Thanks to Matty and Scott for doing the heavy lifting organizing the event.

Thanks to Paul H for tracking down original Thunderboat Row designer Walt Walters and bringing him up - Walt's a cool dude w/ a lot of Hi-Po miles under his transom.

Thanks to John at Treasure Cove for hosting and for the cookout on Friday. TC is my LG home away from home.

Thanks to David H for bring up Hornet Marine hull #1 for all to see. Very cool - best of luck.

On a personal note: thanks to Brad V for loaning me the prop - me likey.

Also, thanks to Mike O for letting many of us (myself included) sample his very fine, new to him 18 (6.2, Bravo XR) - me likey too!

Thanks to Don N for explaining the finer points of a full house - I got 2nd in Texas Hold'em.

And thanks to KirbyVV for riding w/ me Saturday while his boat was unavailable.

Brad's pictures, when they are posted, are awesome. Thanks as always.

-JL

jl1962
06-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Some Pix:

Anyone know what kind of moth that is? It didn't mind me placing the cell phone close for scale, but it didn't like the flash on my camera!

mattyboy
06-21-2010, 06:35 AM
Jay thank you to yourself and everyone else that supported us this year , it was an awesome weekend.

Marie and I were standing on the dock when i took this pic

it struck us both as awesome and very sentimental. Walt designed and probably was there in 1968 when Paul's boat was popped from the mold to be re-united with it 42 years later to see it returned to showroom condition is truly a special moment.

like a proud father at a family reunion he walked the docks at looked at every classic there

should have seen his face light up with a grin from ear to ear when he got in and Paul and Scott took him for a ride.

hope Walt and his lovely wife Verne enjoyed themselves and a BIG thank you to Paul Herzan for making it all happen his inspiration and generosity will not be forgotten

more of my photos can been seen on the club's facebook page and Brad Verd's pictures will be up on the club's website shortly. Brad has 20 X30 prints available that are awesome for a $75 donation to the club a big thanks to him as well he caputures the event on film like no one else

sweet 16 1966
06-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Luna Moth

jl1962
06-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Ah....Thanks. That's Luna Moth :wink:

http://www.google.com/images?q=luna+moth&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=LrUfTL_dOIT48AbMzYm6DA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCYQsAQwAA

mattyboy
06-22-2010, 08:27 AM
well enough of the bugs and back to the boats ;)

well Brad's pictures are up on our website. If anyone is interested in a print of one of Brad's pics. He will send you one 20 X 30 in the mail for a 75$ donation to the club.
From the looks of some of the pics, Amy can use the camera too. Thanks to both of them!! awesome!!
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/gallery/v/201... (http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/gallery/v/2010_dustoff/)

mattyboy
06-23-2010, 06:06 AM
another update
prints in different sizes available

16 X 20 $50
8 X10 $25

checkout the gallery for the pics
http://www.lgdonziclassic.com/gallery/v/2010_dustoff/

again thanks to Brad for doing this to help the club

MDonziM
06-23-2010, 08:09 PM
Thanks to Matty and Scott for all the organizing effort and Brad for the photos. Great event.

Marshall