PDA

View Full Version : 22C Trailer Set Up

Funboy
04-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Hello All
Picking up a 22C and getting a trailer forom a second source for it. Any tips on bunker placement , centerline dimensions ,length of bunker,contact angle etc?
Also the bunkers have some type of facing on them ( HDPE I think) instead of carpet. Any thoughts pro/com?
Thanks,
FB

Team Jefe
04-15-2010, 06:37 AM
Funboy - got no clue how to set up bunks, etc for a 22....but I did retrofit the Revenge's trailer with UHMW Polyethelyne and love it. I need to repalce it again and I did not chamfer the edges good enough and have a few spots on the points of the steps where the gelcoat is scarred, but even with that, the UHMW is Head and shoulders better than the carpeted bunks.

Good Luck with the set up.

VetteLT193
04-15-2010, 07:58 AM
I can measure if you need me to. I prefer an upright bunk on the outside and horizontal ones forward. others like all horizontal.

definitely support the transom so plan on having the bunks going past the end of the boat.

Cuda
04-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Cypress bunks will outlast the boat. I just sold one with a 22 year old trailer that the bunks were solid as the day it was built. The v bunk was pressure treated wood and when I recarpeted a few years ago, the only thing holding the v bunk together was the carpet. I replaced it with cypress.