PDA

View Full Version : Alpha "SS" Outdrive Lower Unit for Sale

Mackfly
04-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Mercruiser Alpha "SS" Outdrive Lower Unit. High Performance Mercruiser Outdrive, Rare Goodie. Typical on '87 '88 Donzi High Performance This has the identification numbers: IE87B111, 17:28, RH. I take this to mean 1987 model, 17 tooth pinion, and 28 tooth drive gears, Right Hand Drive. This is approx. 2.5 inches shorter than the Alpha 1 Gen 1 drive. The input shaft is therefore short and will not fit a standard Alpha Drive.
This Alpha SS Outdrive is silky smooth and shifts very easily forward and reverse. It has no percievable wear on either the input shaft or the prop shaft. I have not had this apart, but believe it to be very low hours. Alpha SS Drive is curently full of Mercruiser Lube, will be shipped without lube in it. If you are not satisfied in 7 days, I will refund your money upon return in the condition it was sent.

chappy
04-13-2010, 05:46 PM
May I ask what the price is?

Do you have any pictures?

Where are you in NY?:pimp:

A buddy blew his lower on a checkmate.

Mackfly
04-19-2010, 07:32 PM
I have it on ebay right now with pictures. Starting bid $1000, buy it now $1200. This is a near perfect drive. Take a look, not a pit mark on it and it is silky smooth. Grand Island, NY. If your close come and check it out.

Choprpilot
04-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Mackfly I can't believe we haven't crossed paths, I'm in Niagara Falls and On the Niagara River.. WOW At that price your giving that SS drive away. Thats a heck of a deal I have one on my Donzi too.

Just Say N20
04-22-2010, 09:12 PM
And here I sit with a Volvo 290 :nilly:

Gotta help you out on this one. Some one should snatch this up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110521768699&viewitem=

Mackfly
04-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Mackfly I can't believe we haven't crossed paths, I'm in Niagara Falls and On the Niagara River.. WOW At that price your giving that SS drive away. Thats a heck of a deal I have one on my Donzi too.

My boat is a 32 Pachanga with 2-454's, blue trim, navy cover. We should hook up, would like to see your boat. I tried to get 2 "Alpha SS" drives and came up short. So here I am trying to sell what I have gotten into. It seems that the "Alpha SS" uppers are impossible to find, when in fact they are less likely to be crashed out.

John

THEDONZ33
04-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Mac,

I am keeping your info, I took delivery on the 16 last weekend And am looking for the shorty upper if I find one in good conditionso I will be looking you up !! Untill then I am running the original Alpha that needs some cosmetic attention.

Choprpilot
04-27-2010, 07:04 PM
Your right about the Upper Drives. When mine goes I'll have to go with a Bravo XR upper with a Imco or Merc shorty. I have a 18 LE the only one in the Area that I know of, I Usually head down to the Dockside in the Canal If your looking for me. It sounds like you have a mighty fine boat and would like to check yours out too.

mattmck13
05-23-2010, 06:27 PM
i just hit something and broke the skeg off my alpha 1 ss lower prop broke off hub andits bad was wondering if you still had this lower for sale!!! ihope i haftmakesure i have the same gearing first mine doesnt have spline numbers and teeth on gear numbers just the serial number and just called insurance hoping for the best... good way to start off my summer huh? if you still have write me back!!