PDA

View Full Version : 22 Zx Production Numbers

LuauLounge
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Does anyone have any info as to how many were produced during the run? Based on the number of folks on this site, not many.

Thanks in advance

Dr. David Fleming
04-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I did talk to Chris C. the engineer at Donzi that designed the 22ZX he said it was about 400 total in ten or so years production. About 40 a year. Last comercial production was I think in 2006. Mark who runs a thread on this site under "last 22ZX" thinks he has the last production boat. But Donzi is a custom builder and I am sure for cash would make another.

So the production number is idefinate. Chris said they still make the 22ZX and have finished a production run for the US military. Now I ask you what would the Coasties, Navy, Homeland Security or whoever want with a speedi little ZX with tricky handling? Wonder what engines they used? Donzi didn't want to talk much about it but I got the impression they were white hulls when I suggested grey was a ****ty color. I just saw an article written about the new off shore hulls the Coasties will be using on the Detroit River this season - suposed to run 70mph instead of the 50mph they could only do last year.

Tyler Crockett has had a bunch of custom header exhaust systems he was selling as gov. surplus taken off of some off shore hulls the military used ten or so years ago - formula boats I think. You should see these headers systems - best money can buy custom mandrel bends all stainless steel with special heat shields. Matte finish stainless steel. Anyway they scrapped the boats and sold the parts - think tyler has one set of headers left. US tax dollars at work for your military. Nothing but the best.

22billyzx
04-21-2010, 04:14 PM
sure would like to have a set of those headers on my 22zx....p.s. i got my fuel line replaced

Cuda
04-21-2010, 05:12 PM
I never much care for the 22 Zx. I looked at em before I bought the 22C. They felt more like an appliance.