PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Maltese

Conquistador_del_mar
04-12-2010, 12:26 PM
http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/boa/1672979092.html

HIGH LIFE
04-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Bill, Good find ! Must tell Mr. Vinyl about this boat. He's the expert with the MALTESE. Bob Sheer just bought on that looks similar . "HIGH LIFE"

Ghost
04-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Man, I want that. Just not do-able.

LuauLounge
04-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Remember the Corvettes, El Caminos, Camaros, Mustangs, Cobras, etc, that you could have bought really cheap 30 years ago..... My favorite is a friend of mine sold his 69 Z28 Camaro for $1500 in the early 70's. Don't forget the 57 Chevy Bel Air convert that at $600 was way over your budget in the late 60's.
Clean, well maintained, performance boats are going to go in the same direction.

There are a whole lot of people that, if they are not now, in the next few years, are going to try to relive their youth. Hell, I have spent my entire life trying to maintain my youth.

If you are still not convinced, check out what Rivas are going for.

fegettes
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
I have shown a large interest in this Magnum, but I am way out in Phoenix. I should have my head examined for considering buying another boat. This boat is located in north Tampa. Is there anyone in the area able to take a look/survey of this boat for me?

Thanks.

Steve
281-728-1704
fegettes@hotmail.com

Conquistador_del_mar
04-29-2010, 11:55 PM
I have shown a large interest in this Magnum, but I am way out in Phoenix. I should have my head examined for considering buying another boat. This boat is located in north Tampa. Is there anyone in the area able to take a look/survey of this boat for me?

Thanks.

Steve
281-728-1704
fegettes@hotmail.com

Steve,
Please let me know if you end up with it - it looks like a great boat - :yes: Bill

fegettes
04-30-2010, 12:26 AM
I sure will Bill, and thanks for the post. I am about 95% sure of getting the boat. It would be great to have some one get some eyes on the boat for me. Probably the best thing I can do is to find a marine surveyor to survey the boat for me.

Steve

BUIZILLA
04-30-2010, 06:27 AM
that marina pic is very familiar

i've been there

Just Say N20
04-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Info for after the listing goes out of date.

Greg Guimond
05-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Man, the lines on that hull are really, really nice

lars
05-04-2010, 08:21 AM
Boat has been advertised on the Magnum Marine home page for some time. Asking price is a little better now.
Link; http://www.magnummarine.com/brokerage_boat_listing.php?boatID=6

Conquistador_del_mar
05-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Boat has been advertised on the Magnum Marine home page for some time. Asking price is a little better now.
Link; http://www.magnummarine.com/brokerage_boat_listing.php?boatID=6

Lars,
I thought the same thing at first, but one has Alpha drives and the other has Bravo. Also the listings are on opposite sides of Florida. Maybe something got changed since the Magnum site listing since it sure looks the same? Bill

lars
05-07-2010, 06:57 AM
The owner seems like my kind of guy, hope You made the deal Steve. Found this interview with the owner/Gentleman.

Orlando Sentinel, January 27, 2008|By Lori Carter;

Home→Collections Senior Spotlight: Don Koenke 72.

Family members: Wife, Micki, six children between us and 13 grandchildren between us. We haven't gotten to the greats yet.

Where I live and for how long: Tavares, for five years. I've been in Florida since 1971.

Originally from: Long Island, N.Y.

Education: High school.

Fondest childhood memory: We used to go boat racing.

Who inspired me as I was growing up: That's a good question. I inspired myself -- self-motivated.

I got my first job when I was: 12, delivering newspapers.

How much I was paid: 25 cents a week for each customer. I had probably 50 customers. It wasn't a lot. About 13 bucks a week.

What I wanted to be when I was little: Never thought about it. I was just busy growing up.

In my free time: My hobby is antique wooden boats. I collect them and maintain them.

A movie I'd pay to see again: Gone With The Wind.

A meal I can't help but go back for seconds: A good turkey dinner.

Favorite weekend activity: I have activities all week. On the weekends, I fool around with the boats.

The best present I ever received: My wife.

The most valuable lesson I've learned: Save your money when you can.

Someday I hope to: I'm pretty well doing it. I do what I want when I want.

HIGH LIFE
05-08-2010, 02:35 PM
If you need a surveyor look up Ed Cozzi he is in Fla. Can be found on OSO. "HIGH LIFE"