PDA

View Full Version : Livorsi GPS Antenna dash installation question?

cherry82482
04-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I'am currently changing my Livorsi GPS Antenna on my dash. (White looking hockey puck) I need to know what kind of silicone I should use to re-install. Any suggestions?

Fluffy Foo-Foo
04-12-2010, 04:36 PM
My speedo wasn't working first time out just last week so I dug out the paperwork on it.

Livorsi says to use a silicone caulk or double face tape. I would use a silicone adhesive caulk. Not just silicone caulk. Clean the area of any wax first.

Of course this will make it harder to remove later on!

PS Check Livorsi site/tech tips/ Livosi antenna. It gives info on mounting it in other locations (under dash!)

kraftee
04-14-2010, 08:53 AM
I made a small L-shaped aluminum bracket to keep the puck upright and solid, then epoxied the mount up UNDER the deck. Works flawlessly.

CHACHI
04-14-2010, 10:03 AM
I made a small L-shaped aluminum bracket to keep the puck upright and solid, then epoxied the mount up UNDER the deck. Works flawlessly.

X2

Ken

MOP
04-14-2010, 02:59 PM
X3 Done 4 years ago still perfect, mine is mounted tot the back of the passenger foot rest out of sight, harms way and electrical interference.

justleft
04-14-2010, 04:55 PM
I have read several threads about mounting them on the underside of the deck away from metal.

Makes sence, fiberglass doesn't block radio freq. Mine should get mounted
in the next week or so. So I will let you if it works.