PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the story on this Minx?

rbarna
04-11-2010, 12:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Classic-1987-DONZI-MINX-Power-Boat-Low-Hours-Fresh-h2o_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cabf47de8QQitemZ26 0582964712QQptZPowerQ5fMotorboats#ht_809wt_986

Anyone know the story on this one?

CHACHI
04-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Boat looks very clean, not OE carpet.

I was under the impression all honey brown boats came with an offwhite, dare I say, parchment, interior.

Never saw one with a door on the glove compartment. Great idea.

Closed cooling? Stock?

Ken

NJFASTECH
04-11-2010, 04:32 PM
Closed cooling? Stock?
Add says it was added on. Nice clean looking original boat.

Just Say N20
04-11-2010, 05:39 PM
I'm sure there is someone on the board who knows a lot about the boat.

Perhaps they will chime in.

CHACHI
04-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Closed cooling? Stock?
Add says it was added on. Nice clean looking original boat.
Passed right over that line. Of course it wasn't stock.

Ken

Walt. H.
04-11-2010, 11:13 PM
I just read the E-bay ad and cringed at the wording describing Ease it into forward gear, I said Ouch with the thought of that Alpha gear chatter grinding noise until it clunks completely into gear.:nilly:

Just Say N20
04-12-2010, 05:43 AM
I know what you mean, but it sounds much more "delightful" than, "Slamming the throttle forward quickly to avoid grinding the gears as they attempt to mesh while under load, which is common on Mercruiser stern drives. . ."

The author is painting a mental picture to help potential buyers more readily imagine the joyful experience of running this boat.

This is an approach which works well. :yes:

kcatucci
04-12-2010, 11:55 AM
For some reason i think i remember reading the same description last year some time.

DrCoop
04-12-2010, 02:58 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Classic-1987-DONZI-MINX-Power-Boat-Low-Hours-Fresh-h2o_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cabf47de8QQitemZ26 0582964712QQptZPowerQ5fMotorboats#ht_809wt_986

Anyone know the story on this one?

Yes, I know the boat because it is mine. It is an '87 *DMR20085H687* honey and blue Minx that was purchased in northern IL/southern WI early last fall. It is original with less than 260 hours on the engine. It has a matching interior, which we may call honey, cream, off-white, etc. It has never seen salt but I was planning to use it in FL on the IWC before deciding to sell; thus, the new closed cooling. The listing is being handled by a friend.

Donzi Vol
04-12-2010, 09:08 PM
I know a little about this boat. I do believe that I have seen it before in person, but have not been in it. Either way, as the ad shows, it is in excellent condition and seems to be a heck of a deal. The motor looks amazing with the add-ons!

For anyone who has not ridden in or driven a minx, it is truly a trip. I love my 18, but it's really cool to be able to accelerate when you see the rough stuff coming rather than back off the throttle. Very nice cruising and/or family boat. Again, an obvious heck of a deal...worth the buy-it-now price, IMHO.

Good luck with the sale, DrCoop!

Vertigo
04-13-2010, 01:40 AM
I've seen it, it's nice. Interesting idea of putting stainless tube over the rubber exhaust hose, looked kinda cool. Could of loaded it last month if I knew it was for sale.

My wife says I have to many boats, but what I lose in profit, I make up for in volume. :wink:

Rob

Just Say N20
04-13-2010, 07:03 AM
Sorry.

I must have been sleeping at the switch.

Just Say N20
04-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Last ones.

MOP
04-13-2010, 07:12 AM
I just read the E-bay ad and cringed at the wording describing Ease it into forward gear, I said Ouch with the thought of that Alpha gear chatter grinding noise until it clunks completely into gear.:nilly:

How to wreck your Alpha quickly! Gotta CHUCK them in!

sweet 16 1966
04-13-2010, 10:43 PM
All looks well. Priced well. Saw from a distance at Eufala. Know nothing more. Closed cooling is nice. 2' more and the ride is better though and more engine options.

MOP
04-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Wonder where went!!!!!!!!!!!

DonziJon
04-17-2010, 06:49 PM

Me TOO MOP.. I actually got myself ..and my wife in a Tizzy over this boat. We have an '86 Minx (Red) that we love.....but this Blue One is really nice and we actually thought....MAYBE another one..?? What would we do with TWO...? My garage fits the Red one we have......One of the boats would have to be outside...until the old one was sold.

Well, we missed the option to buy because... we didn't pull the trigger...and...it went away before we could make a discission. Not so bad. We still have the extra money that we would have spent....and we still have our Minx that we like. :yes:

donzi racer
04-17-2010, 09:09 PM

Well the best Minx in the country is leaving the Mount Dora Florida area and this extremely nice blue one is taking it's place. Lake Dora for those that want to see it next march during the classic wood boat show or the classic boat races. I am sure it will be buzzing around. So she stays a fresh water boat. YEAH!

Now the next comment is just my observation, but with this Minx selling without a trailer in this price range, which of course I believe was well worth it, I think anyone interested in a real good Minx should give serious consideration to Mr Barna's LE MINX listed here in the Donzi's for Sale. With a recent engine, new merc Alpha 11 outdrive, new merc transom assembly, along with Capts Choice style exhaust, it is almost new as far as the mechanicals are concerned & his ad does say that he would entertain reasonable offers or something to that effext. Biggest positive attribute of all, is it is a LIMITED EDITION! Those little jewels are RARE, not to mention, the best color combination Donzi's in my opinion. These are just my opinions and Good Minx' don't come along that often, especially with all these upgrades. Hell, I am about to talk myself into it. HAHAHAHAH Tom