PDA

View Full Version : New customer's pet cat....

gcarter
04-07-2010, 06:27 PM
This new customer has a pet lioness and has raised it since it was a few weeks old. I think it's about 4 now.
It's over 8' long from nose to tail and weighs 400#! When she stands up on her back legs, she can paw the 8' chainlink top of the cage.
The cage you see is double walled and is about 40' long, and 20' wide. It's also doubled in size so that if she is mated, the new lion can be kept in the parallel cage until they get used to each other.
This cat is hand fed 10# of raw meat daily.
After my appointment w/this customer, he took me out to see the lion. She was crouched about 20' away like she was ready to pounce. I asked the owner why she was doing that, he replied she was trying to scare me.
The pictures don't really do her justice. Her head is about 12" wide and her paws are about twice the size of my hands.
Quite an experience!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54840&stc=1&d=1270682660

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54841&d=1270682672

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54842&stc=1&d=1270682660

McGary911
04-07-2010, 07:45 PM
I know exactly what you mean...:wink: (see attachment)

I've seen some crazy stuff in Florida, including a private zoo, so I guess it's legal somehow.

Pretty cool.

MOP
04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I guess a change of shorts was in order!

yeller
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeh, keep a cat like that in a pen. Cruel is what it is. How many people would raise their kids and never allow them to leave their room.

thehow33
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Yeh, keep a cat like that in a pen. Cruel is what it is. How many people would raise their kids and never allow them to leave their room.

I agree!!!! I hate seeing animals kept in a cage. Its extremely cruel. what kind of pleasure do people get out of having an animal in a cage, you can't even let it out or it may eat you or your other pets.

gcarter
04-09-2010, 07:17 AM
FWIW, this cat didn't come from Africa. It's several generations in captivity.
So, what's to be done w//it?
If not this cage, then another.
I sure wouldn't take on something like this......
I would imagine the responsibility pretty much controls their lives.

gcarter
04-09-2010, 07:19 AM
I know exactly what you mean...:wink: (see attachment)

I've seen some crazy stuff in Florida, including a private zoo, so I guess it's legal somehow.

Pretty cool.

So John, how long has your cat been drinking Bud?
Looks like it had a bit too much the day the picture was taken.

joseph m. hahnl
04-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Better in a cage, than a trophy case:fire:

A cat that big ,could probably get out any time it wanted:boggled:.
I don't lock my kid in is room,He's perfectly Happy staying in there all day on his own:wink:

McGary911
04-09-2010, 10:52 AM
So John, how long has your cat been drinking Bud?
Looks like it had a bit too much the day the picture was taken.

I won't post the pics the cat took of me that same day :boggled:

yeller
04-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't lock my kid in is room,He's perfectly Happy staying in there all day on his own:wink:
:rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol:

show-n-go h2o
04-10-2010, 03:11 PM
That's awsome. I love big cats.

I have a toy bengal cat, he's not dangerous but he acts just like a big cat: eats raw meat, loves to get in water, comes when he is called and isn't afraid of new people, in fact he is more like a dog than a cat plus he will be around 35 pounds when he is full grown. Here is some kitten pictures of him.

McGary911
04-10-2010, 03:46 PM
That's awsome. I love big cats.

I have a toy bengal cat, he's not dangerous but he acts just like a big cat: eats raw meat, loves to get in water, comes when he is called and isn't afraid of new people, in fact he is more like a dog than a cat plus he will be around 35 pounds when he is full grown. Here is some kitten pictures of him.

He's totally cool. So you cut up raw meat for him every day?

BUIZILLA
04-10-2010, 04:34 PM
my office mgr has a Bengal...

I swear it will jump 8' straight up.... :eek:

Cuda
04-10-2010, 06:40 PM
There is a guy around here somewhere that runs a rescue ranch for big cats. He has some tigers outside. He keeps them on a chain, but it beats keeping them in a cage. I ran across his truck on day in Ormond Beach. It said, "Beware of Cat" on the side, and he had a tiger in the cage on the truck.

Jim, I think you said it best on a thread about pythons. If it's big enough to kill you, it's not a pet.

show-n-go h2o
04-14-2010, 07:30 PM
He's totally cool. So you cut up raw meat for him every day?

No, his diet doesn't require it, he normally just eats cat food. But when we are cooking steak, bacon, burgers or anything like that he won't eat it cooked like my other cat and dogs so i give it to him raw.

So far the highest i have seen mine jump from a stand still is 9 feet. the ceiling stopped him though so im not sure how high he could really go..