PDA

View Full Version : 2001 22C in NH.....22.9K

mike o
04-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Winni boat, 188hrs, 502 /415 hp /B1, no trailer http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/1652285808.html...... Tx Taz, this is for U....:kingme::kingme::kingme:. Its 10 miles from me.:cool!:

CHACHI
04-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Wes, it looks like a much better deal than the 22 up at the St. Lawrence

Ken

BUIZILLA
04-07-2010, 08:46 AM
I think that boat is stored at a marina that a friend of mine owns... Shep Browns?

mike o
04-07-2010, 09:20 AM
I think that boat is stored at a marina that a friend of mine owns... Shep Browns?That looks like Browns storage building. The phone # must be the owners home # in NH, cause its not SB's #.:cool!:

BUIZILLA
04-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I sold Bill Littlefield Jr. a car recently..... nice guy....

txtaz
04-07-2010, 09:29 PM
Winni boat, 188hrs, 502 /415 hp /B1, no trailer http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/1652285808.html...... Tx Taz, this is for U....:kingme::kingme::kingme:. Its 10 miles from me.:cool!:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, Buying a new house, tweaking the Advantage with a 2007 Merc 2.5L. It always seems to happen. Wait years for the boat you want and then get on with your money and then it shows up. This is NOT the first time it's happened to me.

BUT, bartering is good. A shopping spree for Mrs Taz and a new boat for Taz. Life is good.

I talked with Bob tonight. Seems like a goog guy and the boat sounds great. Waiting for pics, HM getting me a quote for a trailer. NOW, anyone up for a road trip?

Mike, If this gets serious, would you mind taking a look for me? AND thanks for the heads up.

BTW, For sale...1989 19' Andvatage Bowrider, 2.5L Merc EFI 225, 20", DTS (Digital throttle and shift). Top speed??? With the racing Merc 175 at 7500RPM was 81.5 GPS. I haven't had the new motor in the water. I'm guessing 90+. All wood in the boat has been replaced last year. New seat cusions coming in soon.
Call soon, won't last long. $22,900. 1-800-call-tazzy.:cool!:

Just Say N20
04-07-2010, 10:02 PM
For Posterity.

Pismo
04-15-2010, 02:14 PM
Great boat, last year for the 502 Mag so a rare find. They made both that year. The Gen VI 502 was a great motor and has returned to merc's lineup.

yeller
04-15-2010, 11:36 PM
So........did Txtaz seal the deal...

txtaz
04-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Don't ask. I don't have anything nice to say nor do I respect a certain new member.

Mike was kind enough to offer to look at the boat and verify it. I would have bought it last Saturday.

I hope this slime-balls check bounces. Then it's mine.

mrfixxall
04-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Don't ask. I don't have anything nice to say nor do I respect a certain new member.

Mike was kind enough to offer to look at the boat and verify it. I would have bought it last Saturday.

I hope this slime-balls check bounces. Then it's mine.

hmmmm does it sit outside? got a friend in the area with a concrete truck :)

just trying to cheer ya up a bit,,that really sucks when a new member steppes on a veteran's members toes..

txtaz
04-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Thanks Fixx,

I need it. I've only been waiting for this boat for 4 years. I even took Friday off to transfer the money into a checking account. Had my banker come in on Saturday to make the wire transfer if necessary.

Yeah, I'm pissed since I was the first to call. My mistake, HM gave some good advice. Next time I will overnight earnest money so it becomes a contract. AND I won't post anything until I do.:mad:

Also, this is not about new members vs old. It's about personal integrity. I would not hijack another persons deal. It's not right. This guy is a SLIME-BALL. Guess he's proving out what the sales profession is really all about. Get what you want, who cares about the rest.

Oh and I'm not wrong. It's the only red boot lined white, 502 MAG 22C on the East coast (Winni) WITHOUT a trailer.

SO if he asks for advice, I might suggest a 2" slit in the raw water pick up line to prevent the sea water pump from cavitating. You know, better circulation.

AND the shame of it is, I was going to put the top of the line NEW aluminum trailer under it. It deserves it. Folks, we have lost another prime Donzi to an idiot who does not even know how to set up a USED trailer. Soon it will be "Hey GeorgeC, do you think you can help me do..."

Sorry, I had to vent. GGGGGRrrrrrrrrrr

Walt. H.
04-17-2010, 12:56 AM
Wes,
I'm sorry to hear I mean read your post, I feel your pain cause i've had the same thing happen to me on a different sight and got screwed by a nube cruising the website for a boat and someone gave out too much contact info and beat me out of a confirmed agreed deal by offering $800.dollars more and the greedy seller said sorry unless you want to match the price i'm selling it now to who ever gives me the most money so with that I told him to shove it i'm not going to compete for it!
The idiot wound up having to meet the buyer halfway on a 1200 mile trip from NY to Minnesota and his alternator wound up shorting out towards the end of trailering halfway and almost burned his truck wiring harness beyond repair, so between the electrical repairs 500 miles from home - gas and time I don't think he made out getting any extra money for that $800. then if he would have kept his word sold it to me and stayed home watching me trailer it out of his driveway.:yes: All he got was Bad Karma in the long run. Hah ha!
A year and a half later I found something bigger better and newer nicer etc
yeah one with a enclosed bathroom instead of a porta potti stinking under the center cushion LOL, so in the long run the bastard did me a favor, and as the expression goes: "Things happen for a reason and when you look back in time you'll understand why things happen the way they do", and I believe that will be true for you too!:yes:
I know you waited a long time for this boat, and so did I have to like so many others, and I had to wait a while longer again.
But in the mean while Wes Cheer up, brush yourself off and treat yourself to a steak dinner and a few adult beverages with friends and family and say F-it, i'm the better Man' it just wasn't ment to be!
The anger and stress isn't good heart, trust me I know,

Almost forgot the other guy that bought the boat had to replace a waterpump going back home, there is something to be said about that Karma thing.
Wal

jimishooch
04-17-2010, 08:54 AM
doesn't say much for the seller if you were first in line..........

txtaz
04-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks Walt.

I hear you. I do believe you get what you deserve. AND here's the cool thing, when bad things happen to good people, their friends are all over it to help. I wonder what happens to bad people when bad things happen?

Check out my new post on the subject. My friends came through last night.

kraffty
04-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Im new here and am looking for a 22 classic. I guess the deal on this site is screw the the new guy? If your senior you get first rights? Why is everybody pissed off?

txtaz
04-17-2010, 09:26 AM
You might want to go back and read again. Then modify your post. I stated this was not about new vs old.

txtaz
04-17-2010, 09:46 AM
doesn't say much for the seller if you were first in line..........

Jim,

The seller is doing what he thinks is right, and I believe that. I don't hold anything against him. To him, the statement "I want it" (in an email) took precedence over "I'm serious, a friend will come look at it" (on the phone, before the email).
We can't blame people over what they determine as to who comes first. He is a nice guy, I've spoken to him several times.
The problem is having people in our community who have no regards to others. Sound like anyone we have met? Margarita? :eek::nilly:

mrfixxall
04-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Im new here and am looking for a 22 classic. I guess the deal on this site is screw the the new guy? If your senior you get first rights? Why is everybody pissed off?

We are not all pi$$ed,,we are just stating facts! :) :) see I'm smiling because karma will take over, some circles are shorter then others but it eventually comes around and byte's you in the a$$..All we are saying is on 4-07-2010 mike o posted a 22 classic for sale and stated that txtaz should look at this boat...then after all the trouble he went through to finding how to get the boat to txtaz,research on a trailer the boat was bought out from under him... I'm not a SELFISH type of a guy,,if another member is interested in something and he had first interest in it then i will back away and let that member have that item..It's just the rite thing to do!!

Funboy came on here stating how do 22' classics basicly handle rough water and went from ordering a new 22' classic to a older one which so happens to be the one that txtaz has been looking for a long time..txtaz was first in line and was beat out by funboy..

Thats my story and im sticking to it:popcorn:

Funboy
04-17-2010, 02:54 PM
I am the individual that bought this boat. I have thought a little bit about
posting a response, so as to not be hastey or nasty.
There are two sides to every story.
Here is mine:

As noted the boat in question was listed on Craigslist NH on 3/19/10 at a
higher price than the price listed on this Message Board. I called the seller
on Sunday March 21 and told him I was very interested But would be traveling for a couple of weeks so I couldn't make the trip.

During the week of 4/5 the price was lowered to $22,900. I called the
seller and made an offer which was rejected and countered. I agreed to
his counter offer and we had a deal on 4/7.

The ad had not been brought to this site till 4/7. Should I be upset that this could of derailed my chance to buy the boat? NO ,it is public info.

Subsequent interested parties tried to bid on it ,but the seller didn't want
to hassle with it. He said that we had made a deal. I was the only response from the CL posting.

I can understand someone being disappointed about missing out on a purchase. Six months ago I placed an ad for a classic car that I wanted to buy. I got a response from an individual that I know with a very good deal
on a desirable piece. I had my financing in line, SO said go for it ,and I
didn't pull the trigger. He called last week about something else and I told
him I wanted it. Too late ,gone to a consigner. Was I angry at him,no.
I was angry with myself. My response "Nice car, good luck with the sale"

While some have been parsing over my posts, I will say this. This is a good site with plenty of experience and knowledge.

I rest my case and have nothing more to say.
FB

txtaz
04-17-2010, 03:10 PM
I called the night of 4/7 at 9 pm ET and Bob said the boat was available. AND that is the truth.

Need proof, ask MikeO or Harbor Master (you know, the site owner). I called HM immediately to see how fast I could get a trailer.

Also, Bob has 3 full price offers from his CL add as of yesterday. Do you ever talk to the guy?

Good luck getting help.

Bigman99
04-17-2010, 04:56 PM
I'm not trying to stir pots but exactly what do you mean by and what is the relevance of the "new member" vs "veteran's members" statement?

As a "new member" concerned that I may one day step on a toe can you explain as a "veteran" what is allowed and what is not with regards to purchasing a used boat here?

As a new member (paying) to this site I wouldn't want to piss you off...

hmmmm does it sit outside? got a friend in the area with a concrete truck :)

just trying to cheer ya up a bit,,that really sucks when a new member steppes on a veteran's members toes..

mrfixxall
04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm not trying to stir pots but exactly what do you mean by and what is the relevance of the "new member" vs "veteran's members" statement?

As a "new member" concerned that I may one day step on a toe can you explain as a "veteran" what is allowed and what is not with regards to purchasing a used boat here?

As a new member (paying) to this site I wouldn't want to piss you off...

It's a figure of speach..It's about respect for the older board members which i have learned over the years..post for directed to txtaz and was bought by a new member,Get over it,,I am :)

P.S.
theirs ALOT of info on this site and i for one give out alot of it,respect me and ill share that info,bust my balls and well i guess you will find out how it works :)

Walt. H.
04-18-2010, 12:16 AM
Thanks Walt.
I hear you. I do believe you get what you deserve. AND here's the cool thing, when bad things happen to good people, their friends are all over it to help. I wonder what happens to bad people when bad things happen?
Check out my new post on the subject. My friends came through last night.
Yep! I caught your new post first before stopping off here, and to help answer your question: their own Guilt plays a big part when they ask: Why this this happen to me. :yes:

mike o
04-18-2010, 07:12 AM
Kraffty + Bigman. The only entity that considers me Senior is AARP:kingme:. Most members are HERE to HELP one another OUT. And have some fun....... Instead of___________.:kingme:

Bigman99
04-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Kraffty + Bigman. The only entity that considers me Senior is AARP:kingme:. Most members are HERE to HELP one another OUT. And have some fun....... Instead of___________.:kingme:

It's all good. I just wanted to know what the ground rules are around here. There seems to be a kind of pecking order, must earn respect kind of thing that exists on the board for some members. Most of the guys here have been awesome and I look forward to correspondence with the helpful ones.

Hopefully I will be able to return the favor and assist someone in the future but for now I'm learning who or what to avoid.

Taz, thanks for the PM. I hope you find a good replacement for the boat you lost out on.

Pismo
04-18-2010, 05:21 PM
It's all good. I just wanted to know what the ground rules are around here. There seems to be a kind of pecking order, must earn respect kind of thing that exists on the board for some members. Most of the guys here have been awesome and I look forward to correspondence with the helpful ones.

Hopefully I will be able to return the favor and assist someone in the future but for now I'm learning who or what to avoid.

Taz, thanks for the PM. I hope you find a good replacement for the boat you lost out on.

There is no pecking order here, nobody cares, it's a website, that's it, please. Sharing info that is it.

BUIZILLA
04-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Taz... I have an inside track here, and i'll leave it at that, and NOT post backup emails *I* have...

you have no right to be pissed, whatsoever..

the boat went in the order of SERIOUS contact, and for a lower than listed price, less than you offered, and there was also another serious player besides you, and he isn't whining...

the seller is VERY honorable, don't even go there...

NOBODY got under you.. you were late.... face it, you weren't seriously looking, or you would have seen it before funboy did... a very simple national CL search was all it would have took for you to be successful..

funboy did his homework, was serious, and just found it before you and told the seller I'LL TAKE IT, you only said you were *interested*..

you were, apparently, ONLY going by this website for leads...

I know your bummed, but it just didn't work out

done deal...

I know who sold it brand new, and I know who stored it, and serviced it... in fact, this person probably also sold another LONG TIME member here his boat new as well...

and, you have NO business, IMHO, telling anybody here to ignore funboy or wish him sabotoge...

Carl C
04-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Taz... I have an inside track here, and i'll leave it at that, and NOT post backup emails *I* have...

you have no right to be pissed, whatsoever..

the boat went in the order of SERIOUS contact, and for a lower than listed price, less than you offered, and there was also another serious player besides you, and he isn't whining...

the seller is VERY honorable, don't even go there...

NOBODY got under you.. you were late.... face it, you weren't seriously looking, or you would have seen it before funboy did... a very simple national CL search was all it would have took for you to be successful..

funboy did his homework, was serious, and just found it before you and told the seller I'LL TAKE IT, you only said you were *interested*..

you were, apparently, ONLY going by this website for leads...

I know your bummed, but it just didn't work out

done deal...

I know who sold it brand new, and I know who stored it, and serviced it... in fact, this person probably also sold another LONG TIME member here his boat new as well...

and, you have NO business, IMHO, telling anybody here to ignore funboy or wish him sabotoge...

I didn't want to say it but I agree. When I went to get my 525 I knew that it wasn't a done deal until money changed hands and the motor was loaded in my truck. I headed for Tennessee the day after we made an agreement. Sorry Wes nothing personal. The first mistake was posting everything here in the open.

BUIZILLA
04-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Wes, this is a previous post of yours >>>

I talked with Bob tonight. Seems like a goog guy and the boat sounds great. Waiting for pics, HM getting me a quote for a trailer.

Mike,If this gets serious, would you mind taking a look for me?

your key words >>> IF and WAITING

serious buyers don't use those words when looking for a straight up meticulous seller/owner, low hour, fresh water, barn kept boat.....

kraffty
04-18-2010, 08:36 PM
I agree with Buizilla... just a tire kicker complaining that someone actually got serious. I saw this boat weeks ago and would have loved to have had it but I was not serious enough to act on it. I guess I should be pissed that somebody bought it too.

Team Jefe
04-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Wes - I don't know about all Jim said, but some of your comments were out of line regardless of the situation....as a long time member you should know to take that kind of antimosity into the IM privacy. Even if Funboy stole it our from under you....now you look like the a-hole, luckily for me...i know you're not.

One thing is for sure, if this was the boat you were looking Four years for, you know you've gotta be ready to pull the trigger....and NEVER talk about a deal on this site....all sucessful boat deals, don't get advertised until they are done.

Kraffty and the other newbies - we are just a bunch of boaters who try to help each other out and enjoy alot of the same things. There is no pecking order, but there is a level of respect that must be earned. Buizilla has earned that respect so he can say some hard things. Me, maybe I have some too, but I still watch what I say out of repsect for more senior members...and I'm a site moderator.

Comments like Kraffty's last, being his 10th post on this site will not sit well with most regular members. You haven't earned that respect yet as far as I'm concerned....and yes, that is MY opinion, as is everything anyone says around here....it and $5 will get you a coffee at starbuck, so take it for what you think it is worth....welcome aboard and good luck.

Bigman99
04-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Wes - I don't know about all Jim said, but some of your comments were out of line regardless of the situation....as a long time member you should know to take that kind of antimosity into the IM privacy. Even if Funboy stole it our from under you....now you look like the a-hole, luckily for me...i know you're not.

One thing is for sure, if this was the boat you were looking Four years for, you know you've gotta be ready to pull the trigger....and NEVER talk about a deal on this site....all sucessful boat deals, don't get advertised until they are done.

Kraffty and the other newbies - we are just a bunch of boaters who try to help each other out and enjoy alot of the same things. There is no pecking order, but there is a level of respect that must be earned. Buizilla has earned that respect so he can say some hard things. Me, maybe I have some too, but I still watch what I say out of repsect for more senior members...and I'm a site moderator.

Comments like Kraffty's last, being his 10th post on this site will not sit well with most regular members. You haven't earned that respect yet as far as I'm concerned....and yes, that is MY opinion, as is everything anyone says around here....it and $5 will get you a coffee at starbuck, so take it for what you think it is worth....welcome aboard and good luck.

K, now I'm starting to get it. Last thing I'm gonna say about it. As soon as Taz brought his feelings into the public forum, it invited criticism because he frankly trashed another member, new or not out in the open and invited the "veteran" members to pile on. Which one promptly did. The story reeked from the beginning and anyone who couldn't see that wasn't looking hard enough.

Now a couple of things I suspected have been answered quite clearly. I've been warned not to "bust balls" or face the wrath of a veteran member and his posse of fellow donzi veteran members. Kind of a tough rebuke considering I was really asking about site etiquette. Now it turns out that the deal was legit, no one was ripped off, no under handed deals were done. Just one unhappy vet trying to discredit a newbie.

I'll admit, my first post in this thread was most definitely a "bust balls" kind of thing. I don't like seeing people get bullied around. People using their post counts as some kind of added leverage to get there way around a website? I forgot to look if Funboy is a site supporter but if he is doesn't that carry some weight? While I think it's all fine and well that some long time members finally came to the guys defense I'm sure in the eyes of some the damage is already done.

And for some who think I'm over reacting? Your probably right but as a new owner craving information and realizing this is THE site for these boats, stuff like this makes me cringe.

And I think Funboy deserves an apology.

Walt. H.
04-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Tomato or Tomotoe' how ever you prefer to say it I believe Wes was serious, otherwise he wouldn't have been going crazy getting a trailer lined up for it if he wasn't or be this vocally disappointed.

And yes since it was on Craigs List the boat was fair game so Funboy shouldn't be made the vilain or beat up on in this situation either, it sounds more like the seller was too nice of a guy and couldn't say NO to either one, or he was selling the boat twice in case one buyer backed out and when neither one did this is what happens..
So what ever actually took place its now too late, its over and we begin a new week so its pointless to act like judge and jury and insult Wes or Funboy as to how they should have gone about making the purchase.

This is just one man's opinion, agree or not it doesn't matter, what does matter is that this doesn't turn into another civil war like what happened late last fall because boat are like girlfriends, there's always another one coming around the corner.:yes:
WH

Pismo
04-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Tomato or Tomotoe' how ever you prefer to say it I believe Wes was serious, otherwise he wouldn't have been going crazy getting a trailer lined up for it if he wasn't or be this vocally disappointed.
And yes since it was on Craigs List the boat was fair game so Funboy shouldn't be made the vilain or beat up on in this situation either, it sounds more like the seller was too nice of a guy and couldn't say NO to either one, or he was selling the boat twice in case one buyer backed out and when neither one did this is what happens..
So what ever actually took place its now too late, its over and we begin a new week so its pointless to act like judge and jury and insult Wes or Funboy as to how they should have gone about making the purchase.
This is just one man's opinion, agree or not it doesn't matter, what does matter is that this doesn't turn into another civil war like what happened late last fall because boat are like girlfriends, there's always another one coming around the corner.:yes:
WH

Here, here...Such drama...

mike o
04-19-2010, 06:39 AM
Winni boat, 188hrs, 502 /415 hp /B1, no trailer http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/1652285808.html...... Tx Taz, this is for U....:kingme::kingme::kingme:. Its 10 miles from me.:cool!:Good luck to the owner.