PDA

View Full Version : Storage tricks in an 18C

Jraysray
04-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Anyone got any neat tricks? Im constantly looking for more room. Share the tips if you have any.

RedDog
04-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I don't know that it would fit in an 18, but I mounted a plastic box in the engine compartment of my 22. The box was sold for use as storage of Christmas decorations. Hinged on each side with tabs that interlock in the center when closed. Is is about the size of a larger microwave oven.

mrfixxall
04-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Time for a 22 :wink:

Carl C
04-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Time for a 22 :wink:

22s have less storage space! At least the way they come from the factory:wink:. I have a plastic bin in the engine room too. It's mainly for the anchor.

penbroke
04-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Remove the floor storage tub (beer cooler) and clean up the space underneath. Lots more space there but can get wet if your bilge is not dry...

Frank

mrfixxall
04-07-2010, 12:12 PM
22s have less storage space! At least the way they come from the factory:wink:. I have a plastic bin in the engine room too. It's mainly for the anchor.

so your saying a 22'classic has less storage then a 18' classic? I think you better do the math! :yes::wink:

Carl C
04-07-2010, 02:00 PM
so your saying a 22'classic has less storage then a 18' classic? I think you better do the math! :yes::wink:

The front bin in a 22 will not even hold a ski. The 18 bin is longer. The underseat storage in the 22 is basically useless because it is too hard to get to. I believe that both models have an in floor bin.

maddad
04-08-2010, 08:07 AM
Leave everything at the dock except for two 15' lines. Lighter is faster and if you don't have anything in the boat you don't waste time looking for anything.

mattyboy
04-08-2010, 08:36 AM
in the 16 we had storage and equipment maximized.

the floor locker kept all lines, anchors, and required equipment

4 small fenders a telescoping paddle and a small first aid kit in a sealed food bag with extra sunblock and 2 or three coozies which are nice to have if you anchor up or beach it plus if by chance the kit goes overboard it will float( don't ask how I know that, I also do it for the bag with all the paper work)

the 16 is like a big PWC so I always looked at that stuff first. the anchor I had was for a pwc , it was like a grappling hook it collapsed into almost nothing to store and when you wanted to use it pull the 4 hooks out and twist to lock them in place. Granted this worked for my lake it might not work for you.

also get one of dr dans coolers it is a great cooler ,boat bag, and storage device.

I would like to see the tail of the tape on the ski locker in a 22 and an 18

can't grasp a boat some 4 feet longer has a shorter ski locker.

never had any problems keeping a set of skis in the skisporter but that locker is totally different

multitasking multi purpose stuff always helps, might seem crazy but I had a stereo cooler at one point LOL

a place to put your stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac

glashole
04-08-2010, 03:49 PM
I have a small floating trailer that i use for extra storage

had the local body shop install a reciver hitch on the top of the drive so the trailer follows the boat easier

Jraysray
04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Now thats a real idea! How about a luggage rack on the hatch!

Team Jefe
04-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Sray, I would not put it past Shea to actually have a freakin float trailer:nilly:

RedDog
04-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Saddle bags could work out well...

or a Sears Es-Cargo...

Carl C
04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
You can bungee a large cooler onto the bow but leave the lid loose and when you hit a wave it will toss out beverages for you to catch.