PDA

View Full Version : Life Jacket recommendations

Mckillop
04-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Wondering if you guys can recommend a good life jacket for poker runs and stuff like that. I have good jackets for passengers and water sports, but I would like to get a couple "performance" life jackets for open water speed runs and poker runs. Any help would be great, thanks

Last Tango
04-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Here is a link to a previous discussion about high performance boating life vests. It's only a couple years old so should be totally usable info.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44977&highlight=Life+vests

My personal preference is Lifeline vests for poker runs and profiling, but I also keep a good selection of other styles on board so that everyone gets what they want and what fits.
I have four primary Lifeline jackets custom made to match the graphics on my boat. I also have 6 various size ski/PWC style jackets in case folks want to go in the water for a swim with a jacket on. I also carry 6 orange Coast Guard Approved Type 1 jackets in case an inspector has issues with the other jackets not specifically being Coast Guard Approved. My boat seats 6. I also have a whole bow cuddy area to work with for storage in my 22ZX.

Your situation may be different.