PDA

View Full Version : run to St Augustine

2donzi2
04-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Took the Hornet on a run to St Augustine, went out in the ocean for a bit and back to Plam Coast. $130 worth of fuel gone in 3 hrs.

Just Say N20
04-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Looks like a beautiful day!

I love the color of the water.

Question: What is the chrome looking plate on the bow, just behind the navigation light?

2donzi2
04-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Looks like a beautiful day!

I love the color of the water.

Question: What is the chrome looking plate on the bow, just behind the navigation light?

It was a beautiful day. Of couse when we left the inlet there were 3-4's in the Atlantic. The plate behind the nav light is actually a black plastic cover which contains an electricly operated spot light. Switch on the dash controls it and it retracts up and down. Kinda like a hide a way head lamp. It is original and from what I hear hard to find if it ever breaks.

bertsboat
04-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I saw you heading north from the inlet. I was in my 17 Whaler. I thought to myself, funny I should see that here in St Aug. I had the same boat color and all a long time ago. I sold it to a friend in Miami. It is being restored as we speak.
I am restoring a 14 Baby now. It is ready for power next week. We should get together some time. Talk boats.