PDA

View Full Version : Check out this new type of clock

MOP
03-30-2010, 07:53 PM
A different way to display time on the green time line.. This is a really interesting clock! It comes from a Dutch web site. Here is what you will see when you look at this clock. Don't do anything. It's automatically adjusted to your time zone. Just look at it and study it. It gives you the EXACT TIME of the DAY in seconds, minutes, hours, the day, month and year. Just read the green line. Everything's there. Study it for a few seconds and it will all come clear to you. Remember these definitions: 1st Line is Seconds 2nd Line is Minutes 3rd line is Hours. 4th & 5th Line is Days 6th Line is Months 7th Line is Years This is the COOLEST clock I have seen yet!! Click on as follow: http://home.tiscali.nl/annejan/swf/timeline.swf

Bamboo Loui
03-30-2010, 08:12 PM
strange, efficient, and cool---- one of those "why didn't I think of that" things

Conquistador_del_mar
03-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Highly cool clock, but can you imagine that on a wristwatch - lol? Bill

VetteLT193
03-31-2010, 07:54 AM
Cool clock. it uses your computer time though so it is only as accurate as that is.

MOP
03-31-2010, 08:52 AM
Computer time is spot on as long as the CMOS battery is up to snuff, if you notice any discrepancy it is time for a new battery. Cell phones are also exactly on time I rarely wear a watch for that reason.

Ghost
03-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Computer time is spot on as long as the CMOS battery is up to snuff, if you notice any discrepancy it is time for a new battery. Cell phones are also exactly on time I rarely wear a watch for that reason.

Actually, I would add that this can be true but is not always so.

The computer contains a timekeeping oscillator and a battery. The battery can be an issue, but the oscillator is only so accurate and can drift like any clock or watch, regardless of the battery state.

Many computers get updates from atomic clocks over the internet, such that they reset themselves every so often, and the oscillator drift doesn't ever get very far before a correction. This gives the illusion that the computer's own clock is far more accurate than it actually is.

Other computers that are not configured to get such updates can get way off, like 20 minutes or more within a couple years. I run into machines tucked away in server rooms sometimes (nobody has much call to notice the time on them) and see almost a half hour error. (This creates some problems at times as some software applications fail in interesting in sneaky ways when two computers' clocks are far enough out of synch.)

Mike

McGary911
03-31-2010, 12:59 PM
That would look great as an iPhone app.

More cool ones here:

http://beeks.eu/Screensaver.htm