PDA

View Full Version : Texas Gulf Coast Donzi Gathering

harbormaster
03-28-2010, 02:16 PM
A group of folks down here in Texas have been discussing a get together this summer. SO with that said... We are shooting for the weekend of June 12th; Friday - Sunday.

I have gotten initial offers of giveaway swag for attendees from some of my vendors. I have also tentatively arranged for a helicopter and photographer Jamie Russell to take photos of our boats.

Ideas of activities we have been throwing around would be:

- Breakfast/partying at The Turtle Club (featured in Powerboat Magazine last year).
- Run to Galveston Island
- Run down intracoastal to freeport
- raftup in Nassau Bay - Great swimming place
- raftup at Redfish Island
- Dining at the Kemah Boardwalk restaurant/entertainment complex

We will have overnite slips available and also locked storage for boats and trailers at Victory Marine.
There will be room in boats available for any of you who want to attend without a boat. The More The Merrier!

We can also arrange transportation from Houston's Hobby Airport. There is also plenty of affordable lodging as well. This is a group effort among all of us. Feel free to post questions here OR call me at my office 713-910-2000.

Scot VanAlstine

Team Jefe
03-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Mark your calendar's folks, this is gonna be a fun time.

fegettes
03-30-2010, 01:10 AM
Count me in. I'll be coming from Phoenix, don't want to miss this one.

Steve

JeffH
03-30-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm in...

Jraysray
03-30-2010, 01:23 PM
More info to be distributed later this week........... :yes::yes:

JeffH
03-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Hey guys...don't forget about us 18's....Galveston Bay can get pretty LARGE:nilly:

Jraysray
03-30-2010, 03:29 PM
Trust me...... I got a small 18 and big blonde co-pilot. I got (us) in check. What I mean is she dosn't like to get knocked around in realy rough water so weather and water will decide what is best for the group.

Hey guys...don't forget about us 18's....Galveston Bay can get pretty LARGE:nilly:

JimG
03-30-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm in!

JeffH
03-31-2010, 07:50 AM
yea...my wife is pretty much glass only!!! Although she may be out of town that weekend.

I have taken a wave or two over the bow and it's not fun!

I am looking forward to it.

txtaz
03-31-2010, 02:23 PM
We're in if I can get a friggin weekend off. Probably won't bring a boat. It will be a throw clothes in and GO.

captdennisgray
04-02-2010, 12:55 PM
:cool!::cool!: Definitely gonna plan on playing on the boats that weekend... Count me in....:yes::yes::yes:

Team Jefe
04-05-2010, 07:12 AM
I'll tell you what... All you Capts whose Donzi girls are a little skidish about wave jumpin', I will take on the Burden of Shuttling them around as needed.....NO, No, no need to thank me, its all part of the committment I have for making this a great event. We want EVERYONE to have a good time.

Just remind them of Jefe's Revenge, Rule #2 - All girls have to wear bikinis....and um, RED is the preferred color :wink:.

Speaking of RED, I will have a special gift for all ladies and Capt's who support the Red Bikini Crew

The Honor is to Serve.

Also, "the Committee" has been working on details of the weekend. As designated "ambassador" I will get those out very soon.

Team Jefe
04-07-2010, 12:06 PM
OK folks here it is. The details on the weekend....and details they are, even got some funny looks from Capt. G for all this.

So...I want everyone to know, we are not planning a detailed "have to be here at a certain time" thing. Really I wanted to let folks that are not in the Clear Lake area know that there is ALOT to do around here....all you gotta do is show up. We will making this up as we go along and can change anything at anytime to make the weekend more fun for everyone.

The only real plan it to have fun with fellow Donzifiles and Arownow Heritage boat owners...and He!l, everyone else that wants to come too.

So tell everyone about it and let's Rock Clear Lake like Crazy.:yes:

JimG
04-07-2010, 12:12 PM
No funny looks here! This is going to be a great time, and I'm happy to be a part of it!:)

Jraysray
04-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Ok, so you can now see what we are thinking about. I don't mean to beat this point to death but understand that this is a "loose" get together.

One more thing, there are a LOT of things to do here from family to adult entertainment. NASA is right down the street along with many other venues.

So bring the kids/wife/husband/girlfriend/boyfriend whatever... you get the point.

If the water stinks or someone in your party wants to do something else then its not like you are confined to the marina. Of course we hope to have a large party on the water but it is certainly your choice.

We do hope that we all do gather for dinner Friday and Saturday though.

That being said lets get a boat count.
CaptDennisGray
JeffH
Fegettes
JimG
Jefe
Harbormaster
Jraysray
TxTaz Maybe (No Boat)

TMANN
04-11-2010, 05:08 PM
Im in...

TMANN

Team Jefe
04-12-2010, 07:59 AM
And outta nowhere. Here comes TMANN. Glad you're gonna be involved Amigo

Jraysray
04-26-2010, 12:47 PM
Mark your calendars for a great weekend of sun and fun in SE Texas

Several of us from the Clear Lake Area have been kicking around conducting a Donzi Event for many years now, and it looks like we have finally gotten some traction.

We put together a loose planning “Committee” which is about as Official as we will ever get and have come up with some ideas of things we can do to have a great weekend. The most important part of the Fun is PARTICIPATION by as many Donzifiles as we can muster. So, bring a boat if you can, or come by Plane, Train or Automobile and we will happily find you place to ride.

The Committee:
Scot Van Alstine – HarborMaster – (713) 898-0605 Capt. Jim Guidry – JimG – (281) 802-2834
Scott Ray –Jrasysray – (409) 789-6432 Capt. Jeff Reid – Team Jefe – (713) 825-2443

As Texans we don’t do well being “told” what to do, so here is the tentative itinerary, which can be adjusted on the fly as needed to make sure we have a great time. Come to part or all of it as you like.

Friday, June 11
Arrival day for some, but we will be out and about to help with whatever is needed - Rides from Airport, launching, getting the lay of the Area, etc. Boating is always a must, be we can determine those details as we go and as folks arrive.

Friday Night, we are planning a Dinner at Cadillac Bar on the Kemah Boardwalk. This will give us time to get acquainted, enjoy some good Tex Mex and watch boats and fireworks on the Boardwalk, plus there are all kinds of activities for Adults and Kids alike.
Website: http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/flash_content/flash_content.html (http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/flash_content/flash_content.html)

Saturday, June 12
0900 – Breakfast at the Turtle Club. Come by boat or car, or dragging your boat (lots of parking). We can get a quick update on the plans for the day and have an impromptu Concurs of all the cool boats.
Website: http://www.lancesturtleclub.net/ (http://www.lancesturtleclub.net/)

1030ish – Launch at Clear Lake Park ramp (off NASA rd 1, east of the Hilton) and gather up for a run in the bay. If weather is prohibitive, we can stay in Clear Lake and run. Otherwise, we’ll head out thru the Kemah Channel and into Galveston Bay.

1200ish – Dock at Judges in San Leon for Lunch, they have a huge deck and amble dockage. If we have to stay in Clear Lake, we’ll probably go to Boondoggles (on NASA rd 1) for lunch.
Judges Website: http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Leon-TX/Judges-Bar-and-Grill/143810613358 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Leon-TX/Judges-Bar-and-Grill/143810613358)

1330ish – Back in the boats for some more water therapy - Run around a bit then head for Redfish Island and raft up to do some swimming. We can also go to Hanky Panky point or Nassau Bay if the wind gets up.

1500ish – More throttle time and back into Clear Lake and Taylor Lake. We can stop by Boondoggles for a bit if folks need a break, snack, or head stop.
Boondoggles Website: http://www.boondogglespub.com/ (http://www.boondogglespub.com/)

1700ish – A pool stop at South Shore Harbor or the Nassau Bay Hilton. This can be an optional stop for those that may want to go get cleaned up for dinner or take a rest prior to the evening’s festivities.
South Shore Harbor Website: http://www.southshoreharbourmarina.com/ (http://www.southshoreharbourmarina.com/)
Nassau Bay Hilton Website: http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/HOUNBHF-Hilton-Houston-NASA-Clear-Lake-Texas/index.do (http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/HOUNBHF-Hilton-Houston-NASA-Clear-Lake-Texas/index.do)

2000 – Dinner at Sam’s Boat Clear Lake (Nasa Rd 1 at Endeavor Marina). Sam’s can handle Bathing Suits to Business Suits and everything in-between. Come as you are or get all dolled up, either way works just fine. They have dock space for boats as well as HUGE parking lot that can handle as many trailers as we need (I can get the Revenge’s trailer in there no problem).
Sam’s Boat Website: http://samsboat.com/home.html (http://samsboat.com/home.html)
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?v=wall&ref=ts&id=100000881122457 (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?v=wall&ref=ts&id=100000881122457)

After Dinner, we will end where we started at Turtle Club or wherever our hearts desire to party like Rock Stars.

Sunday, June 13
Clear Lake and Galveston Bays are amazing places at sunrise. So try to save “room” for that experience. Capt. Guidry and the Harbor Master will be in the lead for this activity.

We’ll figure out what else we want to do Sunday on Saturday….A run to Galveston, or wake Jumpin’ on the Houston Ship Channel, whatever you want.

Logistics and Other Stuff….

NASA Road 1 and NASA Parkway are generally used interchangeably, so be sure to check both.

Scot is working on some SWAG and t-shirts, also we will have to make reservations for a spot on Friday & Saturday dinners, so please let us know if you’re coming to enable a better experience for all.

We are planning to have some “dry storage” at Victory Maine and are working to secure “wet storage” at South Shore Harbor.

Hotels: For hotels in the area look near 3000 Block of NASA Parkway, Seabrook, TX 77586
Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inns & Suites, La Quinta, Hampton Inn, Hilton Nassau Bay, Microtel Inns & Suites, Holiday Inn NASA…as well a numerous B&B’s in Kemah and the Kemah Boardwalk area (be sure to inquire about trailer room if you plan to go that way)

Airport: Houston’s Hobby Airport is the nearest one if you want to fly in, they are full service facility with rent cars and shuttles (I know the Hilton has a shuttle). Southwest pretty much owns Hobby so that is the best bet for flight options.

Hospitals: Christus St. Johns Hospital is in Nassau Bay http://www.christusstjohn.org/, as well as the Clear Lake Regional Medical center http://www.clearlakermc.com/. Several other facilities are in the area as well, please check your insurance provider for the “in network facility” as required.

This weekend is about a bunch of friends having a good time. We trust you will be responsible for your own actions.

JeffH
05-12-2010, 10:00 AM
sure is quite on this post... we still on? I want to see the 383 in action!

JimG
05-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Absolutely!

It's gonna be a good time!:)

TMANN
05-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm still in. I also offer up my house, pool and dock for the weekend or a party. If anyone needs to leave boats in or out of the water feel free I have plenty of room.

TMANN

fegettes
05-12-2010, 01:22 PM
sure is quite on this post... we still on? I want to see the 383 in action!

Which one?

JeffH
05-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Rumor has it that Jraysray picked up a 383 to put in his 18... I'll bet he and Harbormaster are working on it now:yes:!

Jraysray
05-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Well, it's not at HM's place but mine is sitting next to Fegettes. Having a 383 show down. Which one gets installed first.

Team Jefe
05-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Damskippy we are still on.....we're gonna tear up Clear Lake:lookaroun:

I'm taking bets on who's new '83 will be faster the BH22 or the BH18

JeffH
05-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Ohh, so there are two 383's waiting to come to life? Are they going to be ready? I wonder what an 18c will do with a 383. Any Ideas?

fegettes
05-13-2010, 07:54 AM
I sure hope so. But, I still have the Blackhawk for a back up.

Jraysray
05-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Ohh, so there are two 383's waiting to come to life? Are they going to be ready? I wonder what an 18c will do with a 383. Any Ideas?

There has been much more power shoe horned into them. Beside, I really dont know. The wife say's 45 is to fast now. Oh boy.......

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61346

RedDog
05-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Hey I may be in for this. Boatless though.

fegettes
05-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Hey I may be in for this. Boatless though.

I have room for you, and extra room at the house too. Come on.

RedDog
05-13-2010, 01:44 PM
I have room for you, and extra room at the house too. Come on.

Likely will need 2 seats. My oldest son is about half way between Knoxville and Houston pulling a U-Haul as I type. He will be down there until about mid-August - living in the Houston Mid-Town area

fegettes
05-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Likely will need 2 seats. My oldest son is about half way between Knoxville and Houston pulling a U-Haul as I type. He will be down there until about mid-August - living in the Houston Mid-Town area

Your son and you are always welcome. And bring Debbie.

Steve

captdennisgray
05-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Sounds like things are coming together for this event... I am looking forward to getting to meet fellow Donzi types.....

Due to a shuffle in my work.. attending at this time is going to be iffy...

The St Tropez still hasn't hit the water.. Thought I had it ready to splash until I poured a little gas in the fuel tank.... after several hours of flushing out the bilges ,,, i will let you experts determine that there might have beeen a problem with the fuel fill hose and fuel tank... Did get a new tank installed under center console (24 gal) .. Didn't want to have to cut the old one out of the bow area...should be home next week to finish hooking it all up and getting boat in the water for some trial runs......

I am so ready to have this boat out zipping around with some other cool Donzi's ... Can't think of a better way to introduce this St T back to the water than being surrounded by it's fellow brother's and sister's....

Hope scheduling all works out... This sounds like it might even be a little fun !!!!

captdennisgray
05-15-2010, 09:08 PM
As for those new 383's .... i might have to bring one of my toys to see if you can keep up with it.....

TMANN
05-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Scott, Jefe, Jim, Jraysray,

Anything you need help with? Glad to help.

TMANN

Jraysray
05-23-2010, 08:06 PM
I'm still in. I also offer up my house, pool and dock for the weekend or a party. If anyone needs to leave boats in or out of the water feel free I have plenty of room.

TMANN

I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Clear some out so we can chat about this. Might take your offer on this.

Scott

Jraysray
05-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Need to freshen this up cause its getting close. We do need a head count.

Please respond with confirmation or intent to attend.

Harbor Master (yes)
JimG (yes)
Jefe (yes)
Jraysray (yes)
Fegettes
JeffH
TMANN
Captdennisgray
Blake Sullivan
Sweet Tomato
Red Dog
TXTAZ

Remember this is a non sanctioned get-together so its an easy, come and go type thing. Call me or my cohorts for any questions or assistance.

JimG
05-24-2010, 06:29 AM
I ran into Blake at West Marine on Saturday... gorgeous 22 he had there!

He's in...

If anyone needs a place to stay, I'll offer up the Pace. It's at South Shore. Plenty of room for two peeps...

Oh and we made the Judge's run on Friday in the Donzi. Even with a stiff SE breeze it was a nice ride. This is going to be FUN!

Jim & Janet

TMANN
05-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Jraysray, Empty now...

Also I am in.

TMANN

onesubdrvr
05-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Sounds like it's going to be a blast :)

Wayne

CaribouLou
05-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Is it too late to book a flight and bum a ride and a couch?

CaribouLou
05-24-2010, 08:27 AM
Just checked flights. I could probably swing it. Cheapest to fly in thurs and leave tues though.

JeffH
05-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I'm in... my 21st anniversery is in there somewhere (I had better find out:nilly:)! So... I may be in and out...or may get a room at the Hilton. Whatever she will let me get away with!!!

I'm in an 1997 18 c... praying for calm seas:)!

JeffH

Team Jefe
05-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Lou - come on, we will find room. I have a rumour that some VERY special guests my be attending....Stay tuned.

CaribouLou
05-24-2010, 11:56 PM
I dont want to just book a flight and not know anyone...thats just....weird, LOL

fegettes
05-25-2010, 12:27 AM
I dont want to just book a flight and not know anyone...thats just....weird, LOL

Hey, we are all family. And besides you will get a good Texas welcome. Come on down, you will have a place to stay and a ride.

Steve

CaribouLou
05-25-2010, 12:45 AM
I'll know if I have the extra $ for a flight next week. :crossfing:

Team Jefe
05-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Lou - I didn't know anyone the first time I came to an event. Donzi folks are great and you will be welcomed.

Besides, in Texas we'll treat so many different ways, you're bound to like some of them:lookaroun:

CaribouLou
05-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Cheapest flight puts me at George Bush airport... Could someone grab me

fegettes
05-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Cheapest flight puts me at George Bush airport... Could someone grab me

I'm not sure what time your ETA is. I am flying in to Hobby Friday around noon from Phoenix and my sister is picking me up. My house and boat are there, and again, you have a place to stay and a boat to ride in.

Steve

CaribouLou
05-25-2010, 07:13 PM
OK I'll hope my next "i'm not working" check will give me enough to buy a ticket....

Unless people want to donate some Alaska Air miles to me :wink::crossfing:

captdennisgray
05-25-2010, 09:29 PM
As far as I can tell at the moment ... I am still on for this little boat running....Uh ! Meetin some of the people could be fun (interesting) also... :):)

TMANN
05-25-2010, 09:35 PM
I can pick anyone up from the Airport any time they need. Just let me know when...

TMANN

Team Jefe
05-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks Phil!!!

The Suite and Jefe Room are spoken for, but we still have the Aggie Room and Asian Room available

Jraysray
05-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Thanks Phil!!!

The Suite and Jefe Room are spoken for, but we still have the Aggie Room and Asian Room available

I'm afraid to ask......

JeffH
05-26-2010, 07:53 AM
Gents... Is there and "official" hotel that people are staying at?

I am quite sure my wife is coming, but to make it more "anniversery like" I would want to put her up somewhere nice!

The Hilton has been around a while... is it nice? other options?

While she is not a big fan of the Donzi, I could bribe her with good food, drink, and a nice room:wink:!

Jeff

fegettes
05-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Gents... Is there and "official" hotel that people are staying at?

I am quite sure my wife is coming, but to make it more "anniversery like" I would want to put her up somewhere nice!

The Hilton has been around a while... is it nice? other options?

While she is not a big fan of the Donzi, I could bribe her with good food, drink, and a nice room:wink:!

Jeff

You can't go wrong with the Hilton there on the water. It is very nice. And there is the hotel there at South Shore also, very nice too. And then there is also a hotel there on the Kemah Boardwalk with good restaurants and entertainment.

Steve

JeffH
05-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Got it... anyone else renting a room? I just wanted to make sure that, if there were others located somewhere, I would be in the same spot:yes:!

Also, I am in west Houston and could potentially pick someone up from IAH if needed.

Jraysray
05-26-2010, 09:10 AM
I would stay at south shore. Boat slips and I think some might stay there. The pool is better. Don't know about the resturant but the Kemah board walk is closer.

Got it... anyone else renting a room? I just wanted to make sure that, if there were others located somewhere, I would be in the same spot:yes:!

Also, I am in west Houston and could potentially pick someone up from IAH if needed.

RedDog
05-28-2010, 09:45 PM
OK - my son and I am in - maybe a nephew also? Not sure about Friday night participation yet but Saturday for sure.

No boat so looking for rides. We will be staying with Jefe - thanks Jeff

Jraysray
06-01-2010, 09:42 PM
To the top! Everyone getting ready? MY BOAT IS IN PIECES!:nilly::nilly::boggled::boggled:

JimG
06-02-2010, 05:45 AM
We're ready to roll! :yes:

CaribouLou
06-02-2010, 12:50 PM
After what happened to my boat over the weekend, this trip is impossible for me :(

Ya'll have fun :)

JimG
06-02-2010, 01:03 PM
CL, sorry to hear it! Maybe next time...

Jim

JimG
06-02-2010, 01:05 PM
Sounds like we are confirmed for the Turtle Club on Saturday morning at 9ish...

TMANN
06-02-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm ready. Can't wait. Should be a great time.

TMANN

RedDog
06-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Is the agenda from page 1 still valid? I'm arriving at Hobby around 3:30. Wade and I will head down later that afternoon to meet with all for dinner.

Jefe - looks like we are your's for the week end unless you need to pawn us off on someone else

Jraysray
06-05-2010, 02:35 AM
Is the agenda from page 1 still valid? I'm arriving at Hobby around 3:30. Wade and I will head down later that afternoon to meet with all for dinner.

Jefe - looks like we are your's for the week end unless you need to pawn us off on someone else

So far so good. Got some reservations so we will see if they hold. Remember Jefe makes a MEAN grilled cheese!

Team Jefe
06-07-2010, 06:38 AM
I do make a pretty good Grilled Cheese:wink:

The Agenda is still pretty valid....as per our disclaimer, we are making this up as we go.

Friday - just keep in touch with one of the 4- Amigos (Scot, Scott, Jim or me) and we will try to heard these cats as best we can. Looks like we have reservations at a few spots now, and just need to confirm later in the week who is going to honor those (its a long story).

Saturday - Breakfast at 0900 at the Turtle Club. Come by boat or car. we plan to get everyone launched at Clear Lake Park around 1030. Lunch is confirmed at Judges in San Leon for 1300.

AND. Phil Tiemann has stepped up to the plate to offer his home In Nassau Bay for a Stop. Pool and fun instead of having to fight the crowds at the Hilton or South Shore.

Saturday Night supper is still on for Sam's Boat.

Now all we have to do is get our boats running 100% in the next 4 days:nilly:

Marvair
06-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Looks like Sharon and I will be showing up late morning, are we dunking at the ramp on Nasa 1?

Marvin J.

Team Jefe
06-08-2010, 06:03 AM
Cool Deal Marv. Yes The ramp at clear lake park (NASA rd 1 east of the Hilton) is where we are telling everyone to launch. I'm going to launch at my normal spot under the Bridge in Kemah.

We also have confirmed reservations at Cadillac Bar for Friday Night.

Acie called last night and said he got the REVENGE up and running...everything is looking good.

JimG
06-08-2010, 06:11 AM
We (Jefe, HM and myself) went to TMANN's place last night. What a great place! Phil & Nat, congrats! The house is beautiful! Thanks so much for offering it to us for Saturday afternoon... we'll have a blast!

Oh, and Phil... nice car! :wink:

Jim

Jraysray
06-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Whats the plan?

We (Jefe, HM and myself) went to TMANN's place last night. What a great place! Phil & Nat, congrats! The house is beautiful! Thanks so much for offering it to us for Saturday afternoon... we'll have a blast!

Oh, and Phil... nice car! :wink:

Jim

Team Jefe
06-09-2010, 06:28 AM
we're gonna use Phil's place as the stop to replace the Hilton/South Shore. Pool and Sunbathing are available (without all the crowds) and we will have some snack type foods for those who meed a recharge.....I figure we'll get over there in the neighborhood of 1600ish

txtaz
06-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Sorry guys we won't be able to make it. We've had some family issues going on for the last few months and I need to stay close to home.

I know you guys will have a blast.

Jraysray
06-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Looks like Sharon and I will be showing up late morning, are we dunking at the ramp on Nasa 1?

Marvin J.

Marvin,
What time are you showing up? Late means what time? Are you going to be at the turtle club for the kick off?

JimG
06-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Some additional thoughts for the weekend:

NOAA says it's gonna be windy... 15-20 knots SSE. So be prepared with plenty of lines/fenders. The Turtle is on the north shore, so it gets a little bumpy there under a south wind.

Make sure you are COMPLETELY legal, i.e. registration, flares, life jackets, fire extinguisher, etc. The local law enforcement can get a little over-zealous this time of year...just a fact...

It's going to be a good time!!

Jraysray
06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Marvair called me and is a go. He has a timing issue but will be there at one point.

I still dont have a boat! :confused::confused:

Does anyone have a boat count?

Marvair
06-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Some additional thoughts for the weekend:

NOAA says it's gonna be windy... 15-20 knots SSE. So be prepared with plenty of lines/fenders. The Turtle is on the north shore, so it gets a little bumpy there under a south wind.

Make sure you are COMPLETELY legal, i.e. registration, flares, life jackets, fire extinguisher, etc. The local law enforcement can get a little over-zealous this time of year...just a fact...

It's going to be a good time!!

Is the flare kit mandatory on the inland waterway's......I'm not sure.
MJ.

JimG
06-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Clear Lake is considered Near Coastal. Yes mandatory...

Scott... wtf?

Jraysray
06-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Clear Lake is considered Near Coastal. Yes mandatory...

Scott... wtf?

Flares really? I have never had em or asked for them. Just a signaling device. Hmmmmm better get a couple.

WTF? Serious issue with the access holes or lack of them. No holes in the block where we need to mount stuff. Just left the shop, still working.

TMANN
06-11-2010, 06:07 PM
We are ready and in fact going out tonight on the boat. Jefe noticed you leaving today down the cove... Sorry did not notice untill you were leaving. Found the stuff on the back porch. Have Queso and dips ready also at my house and the pool area all setup and ready to go. I have 4 people with me but could squeeze a fifth if need be.

FYI Natlie had the baby Wednesday so they will see us at the house. They are both doing great.

TMANN

TMANN
06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Never mind I will be joining you all by car. The boat no longer works... Not sure what’s going on but it starts then idles but as soon as you try to engage the throttle it dies. No matter how much gas you give it. You can give it gas by at the engine and it seems to run fine but not by the throttle. Not sure. Got stuck in the lake and had to be pulled back. Fun. Anyways might need a ride tomorrow also.

Hilton
06-12-2010, 11:58 PM
I guess its time to get the yellow 69 Ski Sporter from Dickinson Bay in San Leon in the water again
I should have it running next month
I have been going too slow for too long in the 27ft Albin Sports Cruiser
100 hp Westerbeke - top speed 10 mph (on a good day)
but it burns < 2 gallons per hour and I dont have to worry about sunglasses blowing off
Lucas
San Leon, Tx

Marvair
06-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Hey everybody.... Sharon and I really enjoyed all the generous hospitality from all. Looking forward to seeing you'all on the water sooner than later.

Thanks, Marvin.

JimG
06-13-2010, 09:02 PM
What a great time! Janet and I had a ball! Many thanks to Scot, Scott and Jefe for putting it all together. Thanks to Phil and Nat for giving us your place for the afternoon, it was perfect. (Thanks to Oliver, too!)

We enjoyed meeting all you fine Donzi folks, and hope to see y'all again soon!

Jim and Janet

JeffH
06-14-2010, 09:11 AM
I too enjoyed meeting all the local guys... and Redog too!

Hope to see y'all soon.

JeffH
06-14-2010, 09:27 AM
some pics...

RedDog
06-14-2010, 06:18 PM
Woo-Hoo! Thanks for all the Texas hospitality! I hate to mention the folks, because someone always gets left off on a thank you list like this. But anyway:

A hugh thanks to Jeff (Jefe) for putting me and Wade up for the weekend and giving us great rides. Jefe knows 1 speed in Jefe's Revenge - Hammer Down Baby. "Ahhh princess, you may not want to lay up front - it's going to be a little bumpy." Princess: "Waaaaaaaaaaaa"

JimG and Janet - great to meet you. What a beautiful '70 18'

Jraysray and Jenette - Scott, sorry you never got your boat going. You should have punted on Friday and just played with everyone else. Jenette (Wonder Woman), you are 1 beautiful babe - body and mind!

Harbormaster - been to long. Don't be so scarce

Steve F - always great to see you. You are a reliable trooper. Can you say Blackhawks go vertical!

Phil (TMann) - thanks for the hospitality over at your place - really nice place. Can't believe you hosted so many people. Sorry I didn't meet your wife and your 3 DAY OLD BABY! Your're the MAN.

Lee (Flying Tomato) - love your boat and I'm sure you will have it sorted out soon. Talking about your diving work had me in amazement. Stay SAFE!

JeffH - enjoyed talking with you at lunch. That is a pretty 18. I like the platforms - need to talk to you about them.

Oh, am I a Turtle - You bet your sweet ass I am. Maybe I shouldn't have told that one :lookaroun: Gotta love the Bushwackers

Team Jefe
06-15-2010, 05:47 PM
well I'm just now getting my head above water.

and I had a FREAKIN' BLAST.....the wind hampered our running, but the expereince was amazing. Great to meet all the new folks in the area and pull a bunch of Donzi's together.....becasue we're not too good at that:nilly:.

Red Dog - you and Wadro are welcomed anytime.....as long as you bring your bride next time:wink:

Special thanks to all the Committee. I could not have done this all myself:yes:

Fun and Games...let's doing it again

flying tomato
06-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi to all,
Just wanted to say to all that I had a great time, except for the part where my motor broke (twice). It is funny that the motor decided to break during this event. That motor has over 100 hr since I built it without any problems. For those who don't know, here is what happened. While taking off from a stop I heard a very loud metal on metal noise as well as a drop in power. The problem: Broken rocker arm stud. I replaced the stud on Sunday thinking that all would be fine. Put the boat in the water and about 10 min later, another stud breaks in the same fashion. After careful inspection, I have determined that the studs were not the correct length (too short by about 1/4 inch).
Thank you Jefe for the tow on Sun. Also, thanks for the ride Phillip on your black 22 classic. I got to drive Phil's boat, and it is WAY different than my Hornet.
Again, I had a great time and thanks to all. Hope to see yall on the lake soon. I'll have the Hornet fixed in a couple of days.

fegettes
06-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Also, thanks for the ride Phillip on your black 22 classic. I got to drive Phil's boat, and it is WAY different than my Hornet.

Way too funny Lee. The name is Steve. And that black 22 Classic is a Blackhawk. And yes, it probably handles much different than a Hornet, or any other boat actually. It was great to meet you. Unbeknownst to every one there, the Blackhawk had a performance problem. The boat would not get over 3,000 RPM's, and no one ever seemed to notice. I never had the boat in to the power curve and it would still get up and cruise.

And the event was a blast. It was great to meet Donzi people in my own backyard that I did not know existed.

Looking forward to the next event.

Steve

RedDog
06-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Here's Steve Fegettes @ Kemah - right before he goes vertical launch into Galveston Bay

RedDog
06-15-2010, 10:03 PM
title says it all

I'm such a dumbass - screwed up the best videos - in sun light I can't tell when I'm recording and when I'm not. Got a lot of video of Jefe's deck and my feet.....

RedDog
06-15-2010, 10:08 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1194186827&v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=1343133857112

Jraysray
03-17-2013, 06:53 PM
It's getting to be that time of the year. Any interest?

BlakeSullivan
03-17-2013, 07:46 PM
Im down

JimG
03-18-2013, 05:56 AM
We are in...

Dreamer Dave
03-18-2013, 12:09 PM
Definitely. Looking forward to it. Whenever

JayZ
03-18-2013, 01:30 PM
Frankenboat ought to be ready very soon so count me in!

Team Jefe
03-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Y'all get to planning.... my summer is filling up quickly. Weekends of April 13 & 27, May 25, July 4, July 27 already spoken for, and I guess I need to run some Reel Deel trips in there from time to time. Mid-June is best for me as the later is summer we go I WILL be offshore chasing Tuna.

That said, I'm just one guy... set it up, If I'm not otherwise engaged, I'll be there with bells on.:kingme:

Jraysray
03-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Gets a lil stuffy after that. Where is my anchor shade?? Thinking spring winds might die down some. What y'all think?

BTW anyone seen that Red GT for sale around the corner? Has a volvo hanging off the back.

Team Jefe
03-21-2013, 11:40 AM
weekend of May 4th, Jun 1st & 8th.......Gone!!

glashole
03-22-2013, 08:23 AM
If I'm not otherwise engaged.:kingme:

you have a wedding in there you wanna tell us about?

Team Jefe
03-25-2013, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't put it past me to get married....but I'd have to re-start the search for Mrs. Right #4..... a search that is very much on hold at this time :wink: Actually Shea, Shea.... I was going to ask you the same thing???

Looks Like the BOAT Club has taken up May-17-18 with their Poker Run.... usually a pretty good time, and since I've disowned most of my crew from previous runs, I'm on the search for suitable replacements if anyone is interested!!! (No, Shea... I didn't disown you... calm down)

JimG
03-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Oooooh OOOoooh Mr. Kotter!! I have an idea!!
Take the Donzi Crew, us/Rays/MarvinSharon etc and pile on the Revenge! Our girls know how to work lines!:yes:

Team Jefe
03-26-2013, 08:06 AM
I'm good with that idea for sure!! Besides, that early in the summer could be a tad-bit windy and that Bay Chop is not so fun in an 18-footer!

JayZ
05-25-2013, 07:28 AM
So what's next?

JimG
05-28-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm up for a late June or mid-July Donzi run...

JayZ
05-28-2013, 07:06 PM
Sounds good Jim.

weekend of June 22nd no good for me
weekend of July 20th out too.

Dreamer Dave
05-29-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm still in for when ever.

JayZ
05-30-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm still in for when ever.

Dave, I will probably be running the 22 around this weekend. ...Taylor Lake, C.L. Maybe the bay.

If you get the 18 out maybe we'll see each other out. ...I live on Taylor Lake.

johnaut46
08-01-2013, 11:16 PM
New Donzi owner of an old crossbow but a lot of fun.

Just seeing if there is going to be a get together on CL late summer as there is not much time left?:nilly:

J

JimG
08-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Love those Crossbows!

Summer is running out, let's do something even if it's WRONG!!

Jraysray
08-05-2013, 03:40 PM
quickie mart but I can work something out. What say yall?

Marvair
08-05-2013, 04:22 PM
quickie mart but I can work something out. What say yall?

Maybe a nice white burka......With a Donzi emblem on the back.

JimG
08-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Maybe a run to Floyd's at Harbourwalk?

Marvair
08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
We are off Labor Day weekend if that's good, but pick a date and we will see.
The bay house is available for a stop or two...let us know.

Marvin.

JayZ
08-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Labor day no good for me. ...unless yall want to come play on tres palacios bay.

JayZ
08-06-2013, 05:28 PM
Maybe a run to Floyd's at Harbourwalk?

Didn't know about this place. Sounds fun to me.

JayZ
08-16-2013, 11:57 AM
NE winds 5-10 with highs in the lower 90s. Great Weekend to run the Bulls. - just sayin.

Jraysray
08-16-2013, 02:24 PM
We should be good. Lets do it. Marv, Jim, Me who else??????? To bad SOMEBODY refuses to put SEATS in the X-18!!!!!!!!

Jay come on man......

Marvin.[/QUOTE]

Marvair
08-22-2013, 07:10 PM
We are off this weekend if there's any interest in some sport boating around Galveston Bay......Weather permitting.

Marvin.

BlakeSullivan
08-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Im in for a run