PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to share this... hope its ok to post.

Tborisch
03-27-2010, 06:29 AM
I have a little side business to build big scale rc boats.. just finished this 72" Skater.

Enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeT6-xcBsGQ
Tom

Barry Eller
03-27-2010, 08:30 AM
That is cool...how many of those jet engines would you need to build a 14' version of that boat that 1 person could ride in?

Sweet Cheekz
03-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Very cool Tom
Parnell

Just Say N20
03-27-2010, 09:44 AM
Having done my share of RC boating, I would have to say you really know what you are doing with regard to set up, if that is one of the first runs.

That boat handled beautifully! Hard to tell how fast it was going, but it was obvious it was screaming.

Thanks also for posting HD video. Very nice. What did you use to shoot it?

Ed Donnelly
03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Tom; Talk about control!! Really sweet vid
BUT
I almost pooped my pants when I saw the cost of the turbines alone..
One could buy a nice used Donzi for what your model cost, but nowhere near as fast :wink::wink: ...Ed

Tborisch
03-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Very cool Tom
Parnell

Hey Parnell, I would like a chance to talk to you sometime. I know you know my brother David pretty well, but you and i have only ever talked briefly.

Anyway, you pretty busy all the time?

Tom

Tborisch
03-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Having done my share of RC boating, I would have to say you really know what you are doing with regard to set up, if that is one of the first runs.

That boat handled beautifully! Hard to tell how fast it was going, but it was obvious it was screaming.

Thanks also for posting HD video. Very nice. What did you use to shoot it?

Yup, First run right off the bench. It's running really wet, needs a little positive put into the arnesons.

I actually had the plug made, the mold built, and now build the boats right from cloth and resin.

Anyway, swing by the shop sometime and check it out :)

EDIT: almost forgot. Shot it with a Flip HD camera... thats why it's so darn shakey. The boat will also be at the LOTO Shootout this year, and the Boyne Thunder poker run in Boyne City, MI.

Tom

Tom

Sweet Cheekz
03-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Hey Parnell, I would like a chance to talk to you sometime. I know you know my brother David pretty well, but you and i have only ever talked briefly.

Anyway, you pretty busy all the time?

Tom

Hi Tom
Call anytime 437-3852 Working on my boat here in GR pretty much every day now till May. Got my phone on all the time I look forward to hearing from you.

Bill told me you bought a real nice 22 recently. Post some pics when you can. Get that 22 to AOTH this spring and bring the skater! If not I look forward to seeing it at Boyne

Parnell

Just Say N20
03-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Parnell,

I think there are some good pictures from the previous owner here.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60833

Sweet Cheekz
03-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Very nice Tom
Thanks Bill

MOP
03-29-2010, 07:13 AM
Years back I did a fair bit of model boating, only had a couple of RC's the rest were chase EM boats. Yours has to be one of the most spectacular ones I have seen, you will have many hours of fun with.

Phil

NJFASTECH
03-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Why did you remove the video

Tborisch
03-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Why did you remove the video

Fixed it, sorry :)

Tom

THEDONZ33
03-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Yup, First run right off the bench. It's running really wet, needs a little positive put into the arnesons.

I actually had the plug made, the mold built, and now build the boats right from cloth and resin.

EDIT: almost forgot. Shot it with a Flip HD camera... thats why it's so darn shakey. The boat will also be at the LOTO Shootout this year, and the Boyne Thunder poker run in Boyne City, MI.

Tom

Tom

When Is that Boyne City Poker Run?
I hope to have My 18 classic by then and would like to try and make that. I have been meaning to back get there ever since I bought my 33 Crossbow from Dilworth and Lilly. My 18 is the carbon copy little sister ship to me 33 so it would be a memorable run for me.

Tborisch
03-31-2010, 09:05 AM
When Is that Boyne City Poker Run?
I hope to have My 18 classic by then and would like to try and make that. I have been meaning to back get there ever since I bought my 33 Crossbow from Dilworth and Lilly. My 18 is the carbon copy little sister ship to me 33 so it would be a memorable run for me.

hey, check out the website :). Hope to meet you there!

http://www.boynethunder.com/index.php

Tom

G-MAN
03-31-2010, 07:26 PM

Tom

Tom
Do you know there will be a RC shoot out this year?
You need to bring it to that.

Tborisch
04-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Do you know there will be a RC shoot out this year?
You need to bring it to that.

Yup, at the LOTO shoot out :) Planning to have it there.

Tom