PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic (not mine)

THEDONZ33
03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Ill bet this one sells as fast as that 18 in texas

http://boats.oodle.com/view/1989-donzi-22-classic-460hp/1867216785-decatur-al/

zelatore
03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
looks like a steal for the money.

Amazingly, he seems to have actually given a realistic top speed of 'over 60 mph'. Kudos to the author on that note at least.

kraffty
03-25-2010, 07:52 PM
This is a guarenteed scam. I found a similar boat on same site that wanted 2800.00 wired to a person in arizona ....be careful.

THEDONZ33
03-25-2010, 07:53 PM
If this is not a scam

I would pick it up but i am in the middle of a deal for a totally mint 18 one owner classic with all original papers, I am hopeing to take delivery Mid April. I wish I had an extra 6K laying around to turn this one over --add a trailer work over the engine and this should be worth around 17,000

Just Say N20
03-25-2010, 08:29 PM
Simply because I like documenting things.

The Oodle website is a haven for scammers. I doubt very seriously this is a legitimate ad. I'm also very skeptical of ads that list weird prices, in this case $5,980.

Anyway, here is the gist of the ad.

CaribouLou
03-26-2010, 11:54 AM
That's one of Donzi Racers boats....he sold it in October of last year....

That's his description of the boat, and his pictures, just not his price
:popcorn:

THEDONZ33
03-26-2010, 09:45 PM
I am almost positive that add is a scam. I responded to the add showing interest and got a response asking me to re-respond and give all the add details as they have several items on the Oodle site. I thought this was odd since the add response subject clearly stated what item I was interested in and respending too. The response directed me to send the re-respnose directly to fischer646@gmail.com so I did we shall see where this leads

kraffty
03-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Already been thru a similar deal. on oodle. People are taking old ads and re advertising them on this site at real cheap prices. It is a scam to get to interest you into a great deal and wire money off. The deal I had was a minx for $5700.00 That was previously advertised on ebay and sold. This dude copied the ad on oodle and claimed to make deal good thru ebay motors but even that was a duplicate. The whole thing stunk scam. I reported it

THEDONZ33
03-27-2010, 04:34 PM
This actually might be legit, Although this still smells fishy
I got a response to my re-response, Here is a copy of the email I recieved to my re-response;

"Hello,

Sorry for mailing you so late!
I'm glad that you're interested in my boat.The boat is in good condition, has no technical damages at all, no scratches or dents,no hidden defects.The boat has been looked after very well - washed and cleaned every two weeks. The interior is in virtually spotless condition. The seats are clean and not torn. The exterior is in excellent condition. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time. There are no known problems with the boat as far as I know.

The total price is $5,980 including shipping and delivery taxes to your address.

I AM SELLING UNDER THE MARKET'S VALUE BECAUSE I NEED LIQUIDITY IN ORDER TO FINISH THE HOUSE THAT I AM BUILDING.

If you are decided we are going to have a safe deal.
Please get back to me to explain you more.

I`m waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you!
--
Air Force Msgt. Adam Fischer
Air National Guard
McGuire New Jersey"

I am not really interested but I posted this for those who might be
here is the email adress to inquire at
fischer646@gmail.com

THEDONZ33
03-27-2010, 04:50 PM
I responded in a manner that will test the legitimacy of the add we shall see what happens.

CaribouLou
03-27-2010, 04:50 PM
Ask him how long he's had it....Tom sold that boat a few months back. It used to be on here for awhile...let me go find the old ad.

CaribouLou
03-27-2010, 04:59 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57512&highlight=king+cobra
:popcorn:

donzi racer
03-27-2010, 05:32 PM
LOU is correct, we sold that Donzi last year and the ad is exactly the same except the 460 hp was 460 cu in. I have already reported it as a scam. The only thing that is weird is that ad has been off ebay for months & months, how did they get it? I guess they save them and when they think they are forgotten they put them back on with an unbelieveable price. Used same town & everything. Weird for sure. Tom

fogducker III
03-27-2010, 05:50 PM
His reply seems odd to me..........why would the very low price include shipping and delivery taxes...? Plus I would hope a Master Sgt would have a little better grasp of the English language...his response is peppered with mistakes?

I did not see the above info, basically, confirms things eh?

Carl C
03-27-2010, 05:54 PM
Of course it's a scam. That price includes delivery and taxes:eek:. It doesn't have any "dents". lol

Foggy beat me to it.....

RacingStripe
03-27-2010, 06:03 PM
Darn, I'm only 90 miles away from Decatur, AL. :garfield:

kraffty
03-27-2010, 07:45 PM
It is the same person that advertised the minx....exactly....He will ask you to wire money off ...identical ...

kraffty
03-27-2010, 07:52 PM
This same guy and exact same response was from New York selling a Minx. Wow he has alot of boats and moves around...lol

THEDONZ33
03-30-2010, 08:40 AM
My Last comunication with this guy was last Thursday when I sent him an email stating that I wanted to come and inspect and sea trial the boat and take it home if it checked out and that I had ALL THE CASH with no haggling. I have yet to hear back and I suspect that since I am a real buyer motivated for a chip shot sale, he probably suspects that I will not send a deposit which will expose his scam. I dont expect to hear back from him unless I get an email stating the boat is already sold.

kraffty
03-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Same thing happened to me. I offered to drive up and haul away but he insisted on going thru ebay motors. Look in your spam and find that he wants you to send 2800.00 by wire.

THEDONZ33
03-30-2010, 08:00 PM
I watch e bay all the time because my old 33 Crossbow is listed there and I NEVER see this 22 on ebay so why would anyone go thru ebay motors and send a deposit and why would Adam want to pay a commission that he doesnt have to from a Cash deal?? abviously a scam NO QUESTION !!!!

And BTW my old Crossbow is and will be a very nice boat for the next owner.
(I rescently found my paperwork and service manuals with original bill of sale and waranty cards that i thought were lost in a box that my Exwife took)

Cuda
03-31-2010, 08:06 AM
I just had a scam buyer for my fishboat. First he was in Seatle, but he was going to California for business. Next time I emailed him he was in Texas, and he said he agreed on my price, but he quoted a price $400 more than I was asking.

THEDONZ33
03-31-2010, 06:17 PM
Definatly a scam 100%
I just got a response to my inquiry to an outright purchase of the boat in an inspection seat rial and drive home with the boat deal here is the response i got (copied and pasted)
note the total lack of adressing my questions and disregaurd to my offer for a cash deal and the referal to Ebay motors in order to close the deal. what follows is the e mail trail My response is colored in blue and the seller is in orange

The boat will be insured for the total amount that we are dealing and you will have 5 days Return Policy.In this 5 days you will test the conditions of the boat .If something won't be like you expected to be you can return the item without any expense .
If you are interested please reply me with your full name and shipping address so that i can start the transaction through eBay motors if not just let me know so i can try to find another buyer.

Thanks
--
Air National Guard
McGuire New Jersey

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:54 PM, <DonziZ33@aol.com> wrote:

Thanks Adam

Can you please furnish me with
The Hull VIN #
Engine serial #
Trailer Vin # ( if there is one included)
The Location Of the Boat and
When Would you be available to show and sea Trial the Boat?

I have Cash And would want to take the boat with When I come to inspect and sea trial. This is a serious inquiry

Captain Dale
Donziz33#aol.com
In a message dated 3/27/2010 11:22:58 A.M. Central Daylight Time, fischer646@gmail.com writes:
Hello,

Sorry for mailing you so late!
I'm glad that you're interested in my boat.The boat is in good condition, has no technical damages at all, no scratches or dents,no hidden defects.The boat has been looked after very well - washed and cleaned every two weeks. The interior is in virtually spotless condition. The seats are clean and not torn. The exterior is in excellent condition. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registered into your name at any time. There are no known problems with the boat as far as I know.

The total price is $5,980 including shipping and delivery taxes to your address.

I AM SELLING UNDER THE MARKET'S VALUE BECAUSE I NEED LIQUIDITY IN ORDER TO FINISH THE HOUSE THAT I AM BUILDING.

If you are decided we are going to have a safe deal.
Please get back to me to explain you more.

I`m waiting for your reply as soon as possible.

Thank you!
--
Air National Guard
McGuire New Jersey

I plan to respond and demand he furnish me with the informatrion I am requesting so I may move along with this deal. I know this is a waste of time but at least I am haveing fun messing with this jackass I suggest we all mess with him maybee he will realize not to mess with Donzi enthusiasts

THEDONZ33
03-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Here is my reply to that transaction
Hello Adam,
I don't think you understand That I am a cash buyer and would like to drive home with the boat if it passes my inspection and sea trial. I don't need to run the deal through Ebay motors nor would you need to pay a commission to ebay since the add was through the oodle website. I would simply like to have the Boat information supplied to me as I requested so that I can be assured that the boat I am going to inspect is the same boat in the add and the boat i plan to pay the full asking price for in cash then take home with me
This is a real and legitimate offer.
Again I just need to know if can PLEASE:
furnish me with
The Hull VIN #
Engine serial #
Trailer Vin # ( if there is one included)
The Location Of the Boat and
When Would you be available to show and sea Trial the Boat?
Thank you very much I look forward to doing business with you
Dale V.
Donziz33@aol.com

Stay tuned

THEDONZ33
03-31-2010, 07:17 PM
not only that but I just filled a formal complaint with the FBI
I dont really expect that be a fruitfull endeavor, but it made me feel better turning in a ruthless scammer....
Dont mess with us Donzi lovers !!!!

Conquistador_del_mar
03-31-2010, 10:59 PM
not only that but I just filled a formal complaint with the FBI
I dont really expect that be a fruitfull endeavor, but it made me feel better turning in a ruthless scammer....
Dont mess with us Donzi lovers !!!!

As frustrating as it is, the reality is that it is difficult or impossible to get law enforcement to do anything about these type criminals attempting a crime. I had the name and address of a guy in England trying to sell me something that he did not possess (same scenario as you), but I found out that unless I actually sent him the money "no crime had been commited". Very frustrating to me. I believe attempted murder will get some attention, but apparently not this type activity. Bill

zelatore
04-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I particularly like how he's posing as a member of the Air National Gaurd. Nothing like playing to our sympathies, eh?

No shame....

I wonder if the Gaurd would be interested in somebody inpersonating an officer? (yeah, I know, long shot at best)

Reeltime
04-02-2010, 03:27 PM
You know the old saying..if its to good to be true then it usually is.

I've been looking for a small convertible for the last 6 months and finally bought one around my price range. Before I reached this point on legit online sites, I came across too many scammers, most dont have a clue as to what theyre talking about which is huge clue as to the scam. I did come across one guy in Colorado who "was" willing to meet me in person. I'm a 6" 295 pound Black Belt that is licensed to carry firearms so Im not worried, but after suspecting that this was a scammer, I turned the guy into local police in the event someone smaller than I would answer the same add. The Colorado Springs police reached out to Autotrader and they were able identify this guy as a scammer that has tried to scam people all over the country, they arranged a meeting to buy this convertible and busted him when there was no car to be found. The detective kept me informed the of everything through the course of 2 weeks before they caught him. I can see scams on free ad spaces like Craigslist but scams on pay as you go sites really concerns me. As soon as anyone ask to wire and they will ship (before you even ask for shipping)....that should be a HUGE RED FLAG.

Heres a hint, before you call anyone the next time, when you get a phone number, try doing a reverse 411 to see if it matches the right name, then google search the telephone number to see of other ads come up. Finally, if you get a name and address, zillow search the house just to make sure that the name and address matches. The wonders of the World Wide Web..

I know guys on this site are better than most..to get to the point in your life where you have the disposable income to have toys like a Donzi, you can't walk through life with a blindfold on, but desparate times will bring out the worst in many people....be careful and safe boating this year!

fishing2010
04-05-2010, 03:16 PM
We should have known too good to be true. We were inquiring on a boat that was too good of a deal to pass up. Msgt Adam Fischer sent us the same emails as you guys posted. Does anybody know what this guys scam is? What does he do after he has your name and address? Does he eventually hit you up to wire money? I know anybody can pull a name and address out of a phone book. I'm glad I did a search on this guys name...

fishing2010
04-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Now we are having fun with him. Adam Fischer said that he'd give Ebay Motors "our" information personally so we didn't have to worry about it. We said we have a friend that does custom hauling and that he'd be in the area so we'll pick up and haul ourselves and pay him in person, we also requested the Haul#and VIN# of the trailer. It'll be interesting to see what the guys replies with.

THEDONZ33
04-05-2010, 06:11 PM
After I said I was VERY serious and wanted to pay CASH and drive off with the boat I NEVER HEARD BACK from him then I filled the complaint with the FBI. NO MORE CONACT WITH THE Sergent of the feds since

silverghost
04-05-2010, 06:19 PM
There is a McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey~
But it is not located in, nor is there a McGuire New Jersey !

Reeltime
04-05-2010, 09:12 PM
Most of these guys dont want face to face meeting, they want you to wire the money. Dont ask for details he dont have just keep going and he'll eventually ask that this is done via Ebay and Wire. He'll assure you the boat is in mint condition and is ready to be shipped to your door for FREE. Then you know this guy is a scammer. Take care folks.

fishing2010
04-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Yep, he wants us to 'Money Gram' $2900 at ebay motors. I'm sure we'll never hear back from this guy. Thanks for posting everybody's experience with this guy.