PDA

View Full Version : Fountain powerboats

silverghost
03-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Just received my new issue of Peformance Boating POKER RUNS AMERICA and there on pg. 11 is this new advert for Fountain Powerboats with "The Man" himself featured larger than life!
(See ad photo below)

"IT"S A WHOLE NEW BEGINNING"

"See our new models at a Boat Show near you !
REGGIE FOUNTAIN"

OFFSHORE GINGER
03-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Just received my new issue of Peformance Boating POKER RUNS AMERICA and there on pg. 11 is this new advert for Fountain Powerboats with "The Man" himself featured larger than life!
(See ad photo below)

"IT"S A WHOLE NEW BGINNING"

"See our new models at a Boat Show near you !
REGGIE FOUNTAIN" So what is your point and do you really think IT"S A WHOLE NEW BEGINNING ?

tom rockstroh
03-17-2010, 03:10 PM
I saw the AD Too,So good luck to Reggie if he can convince a group of investors or another Bank(Or Banks) to finance his wares,There is plenty of inventory sitting on dealers lots or in bank inventorys all over the country from the last go around. My opinion( and that'ts only mine )is that high performance boat companies will have to come up with some pretty fancy paint jobs to stimulate sales in this economy.

silverghost
03-17-2010, 05:05 PM
They seem to be trying to give the impression that they are building & selling new 2010 models
More likely trying to sell the old unsold & dealer floorplan. boats.
It's anyone's guess what position Reggie has with the "New Re-OrganizedFountain now ?
Is he running the shop, the entire business, a consultant or just an adverising figurehead like the Jolly Green Giant, Mr Cleen, etc.
Are they building any new boats, or any boats at all for that matter ?
At least they are waving the Fountain flag & Featuring Reggie himself & hopefuly trying to sell some boats.

Has anyone seen any Fountain at any boat shows ?
I'm still waiting to see what they do with Donzi and their other brands ?

mrfixxall
03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
He must have something in the fire,i was on Bajas website yesterday and say that Fountain is still making them too.. I think Reggie thought that building bajas would bring back fountain? Who knows what the outcome will be in this state the economy is in..my first thought would be is that mercruiser would have to meet the standards in the economy and start lowering their over priced products along with all the rest of the boat mfr's if they want to stay in the business of boat manufacturing..

I also read somewhere that mercruiser is moving from wisconsin to oklahoma,not true its the other way around! their moving everything from oklahoma to Wisconsin..

silverghost
03-18-2010, 06:32 PM
Any truth to the rumor that if you buy a new or leftover Fountain speedboat Reggie Fountain will personaly deliver the boat to your home behind his truck & personally take you on a "shakedown Demo Run" ? ;-)

realbold
03-18-2010, 08:54 PM
I also read somewhere that mercruiser is moving from wisconsin to oklahoma,not true its the other way around! their moving everything from oklahoma to Wisconsin..
Thats great news for Wisconsin if its true. I was at the Fon du Lac
plant(s) a few years ago. It is huge. The city would be a ghost town if they moved out.

mrfixxall
03-18-2010, 10:47 PM
Thats great news for Wisconsin if its true. I was at the Fon du Lac
plant(s) a few years ago. It is huge. The city would be a ghost town if they moved out.

I called the tech department to try and find cam specs on some roller cams i have laying around here.. I asked the person that i was talking to about mercruiser and mercury racing moving to their state and he said that it was the other way around,that they were mocing to wisconsin..

FISHIN SUCKS
03-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Has anyone seen any Fountain at any boat shows ?
I'm still waiting to see what they do with Donzi and their other brands ?
According to the Livorsi Rep at the Los Angeles Boat show in February, the investors were moving Donzi from Sarasota to the Washington, NC plant, the Fountain line would be limited to center consoles and express cruisers, Donzi would be the go-fast line, Pro Line would still be in production as well as Baja. Oh, and he also said that Donzi would be working on two different lines of catamarans.

Now, looking at the ad, Fountain is showing a go-fast, so who know's.