PDA

View Full Version : Lake George rules

daved
03-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi all!
I am planning on renting a house on Lake george this summer and was looking for a bit of info. I think I have the house narrowed down to 2 or 3. The houses are all in the southern part of the lake as far as I can tell. Once I pick the house I might be asking for a boat ramp location. I know I have to get a one week permit but will a boat with thru-hull exhaust be ok, I have a stock 7.4 engine? I do have the baffle inserts I could put in if it will help. I am used to Winnipesaukee but wanted to make sure i dont have any suprises this June.
Thanks,
Dave
22 Donzi classic.

jl1962
03-16-2010, 02:50 PM
Lots of info here:

http://www.lakegeorgeassociation.org/html/boating_on_lake_george.htm

Make sure you have your lake pass. There is a speed limit (45mph) and there is a noise limit (90dBs at idle 3' from exhaust). It is my experience that there is more enforcement (and more traffic) in the southern end than in the northern basin. It is also my experience that they are far more concerned w/ reckless operators than w/ the occasional Donzi type boat. Others may disagree but there have been fast, noisy boats on the Lake for 100 years - drive responsibly and you should be OK.

Also try to make the Dust-off in June.

JL

MDonziM
03-16-2010, 06:14 PM
I agree with the above post. I don't live up there but have been to LG 4 or 5 times and had no trouble with my 22 with oppen exaust. Be reasonable and have fun.

daved
03-17-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks guys, good info. When is the dust off? I am going up on June 19th.

Kirbyvv
03-17-2010, 08:42 AM
The Dust-off is June 19th. You should come up a day early so you can attend. It's a great event.

You might want to slip the baffles in the exhaust, just as a precaution. There is less traffic on the Lake in June and less law enforcement, but the water is real cold.

DONZI
03-24-2010, 06:00 AM
Thanks guys, good info. When is the dust off? I am going up on June 19th.
Hey Dave,
You need to attend the Dustoff while there and meet a great bunch of guys and join in ! The Banquet Sat. nite is always a great event also !

You really should consider the Treausure Cove Resort also with Boat ramp onsite.
I'll be traveling up on Fri..
http://www.donzi.net/forums/album.php?albumid=87

Kenny Lessard

daved
03-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Kenny,
I will be at the lake around noon time. I am going to do my best to unload, unpack and come check out the dust off. The house I rented is near Bolton landing? I have never been on this lake so I am not sure of the location of the event. I will keep checking the posts as the event gets closer. Looking forward to meeting some donzi nuts....

Thanks,
Dave

Kirbyvv
03-24-2010, 09:51 AM
The dust-off poker run is based out of the Algonquin restaurant in Bolton Landing. The Sat. night dinner is there too. Register for the dinner, it's a great group of classic enthusiasts.

mattyboy
03-25-2010, 07:36 AM
The Format for the dustoff will be new this year as we always try to keep things fresh.
safe to say it will not be a poker run. Fret not the regatta will let you see the entire lake , you'll have ample water to run the boat,and a great chance to meet the people and see the awesome classics. The format always takes into account that some of the attendees are new to the lake. This works out well for you at the beginning of your vacation you can get the guided tour so to speak.

The club will be making the "formal announcement " soon on the "AGENDA" for the event.
so stay tuned