PDA

View Full Version : donzi's events

NJFASTECH
03-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Just curious what your spring is going to be lets kick off the new season and here some of of your plans for the summer. This is a great group of people let us all here your plans! Trips gatherings etc. And Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Jraysray
03-13-2010, 07:29 PM
We are putting something together right now. Stayed tuned and leave the weekend of 6-12 OPEN. South of Houston. It will be a good time.

RedDog
03-13-2010, 08:42 PM
10th year of AOTH in May - don't miss it

G-MAN
03-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Last weekend in June the support the troops poker run at LOTO , last year over 100 boats, only 4 Donzis my 28 a 38ZX a 35ZR and a 38ZR, we need more this year!
This was the highlight of the summer for us and cannot wait for it this year, what a boat show.
Last year raised $12,000.00 for operation home front to help the families of our armed forces.
Our new 35ZR will be there this year!

Tony
03-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Magicall Bill, I remember you mentioning a visit to Portage Lake...complete with an appearance by your band. Can you tell me again when that is happening?

I missed your heralded pair of Ski Sporters last summer, and hope to meet up this year. :yes:

Carl C
03-14-2010, 09:12 AM
My boat 22C has been a work in progress since I bought it new in '05. First I opened up the "cuddy" area, then put in the HP525EFI, Bravo XR, BBlades prop and some small stuff. This year will see the full steering, billet battery boxes, sea strainer and a few more details and the boat will be where I want it. Then I will enjoy lots of boating on the Great Lakes this summer. A highlight will be an overnighter to Cedar Point. There will be lots of trips to PIB too! Should be a great boating year!!!!:crossfing:

Sweet Cheekz
03-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Plans so far for 2010-
AOTH, Lake George, Lake St Clair, St Mary's River, Lake Oakland, Lake Charlevoix, Mona Lake, Spring Lake, East River, Hudson River, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie, Detroit River, Atlantic Ocean, Loto, Mullet Lake, Burt Lake, Crooked River, Torch Lake, Indian River, Crooked Lake, Elk River, Long Island Sound, Clam River, Cheboygen River, Black Lake, Little Traverse Bay, Pickeral Lake, Elk River, Lake BellAir, Lake Macatawa, Kalamazoo River, Grand River, Reeds Lake, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Saginaw River, White Lake, Bear Lake, Portage Lake, Grand Traverse Bay, Biscayne Bay, Miami River, Muskegon Lake, Torch River just to name a few :eek:

Seriously, this is the list of everwhere I am going this year barring any problems. Can not wait.
BTW These are not all Donzi events but there will be at least one Donzi at each location sometime during the summer of 2010.
Parnell

Carl C
03-14-2010, 12:11 PM
Lake Oakland:):):)

fasttrucker
03-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Jammin on the james:yes:.July 9-10th.Best poker run around.Richmond VA.and also the Jackson marine donzi poker run in aug.,here in MD.

FISHIN SUCKS
03-14-2010, 03:03 PM
Mullet Lake, Burt Lake, Crooked River, Indian River, Crooked Lake, Little Traverse Bay, Pickeral Lake
Ahhhhhhh, my old stomping grounds.........fond memories when I was growing up!!!

For starters, AOTH, then our lake chain in Angola, IN, then Put In Bay for Christmas in July, then Lake Michigan for a trip to Chicago some time, then who knows. Can't wait.

VetteLT193
03-14-2010, 04:01 PM
I am hoping for a homecoming run this year. I'd also hope the factory gets back involved...

Either Sarasota or Destin doesn't matter.

Another East Coast run would be awesome. Some of the best water to actually run on over there. Time will tell on that one.

Crossing my fingers on the Antique boat run still.

And of course I'm still trying to work out a Bahamas run.

Sweet Cheekz
03-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Ahhhhhhh, my old stomping grounds.........fond memories when I was growing up!!!

Me too We did family trips every summer for the last 40 years. We have a group trip planned third week of August with 15-20 boats going from Crooked river to a hotel on the Cheboygen River then weather permitting we will be doing the St MArys river up to the locks. Can't wait.
Parnell

NJFASTECH
03-14-2010, 07:48 PM
Plans so far for 2010-
AOTH, Lake George, Lake St Clair, St Mary's River, Lake Oakland, Lake Charlevoix, Mona Lake, Spring Lake, East River, Hudson River, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie, Detroit River, Atlantic Ocean, Loto, Mullet Lake, Burt Lake, Crooked River, Torch Lake, Indian River, Crooked Lake, Elk River, Long Island Sound, Clam River, Cheboygen River, Black Lake, Little Traverse Bay, Pickeral Lake, Elk River, Lake BellAir, Lake Macatawa, Kalamazoo River, Grand River, Reeds Lake, Lake Huron, Lake Erie, Saginaw River, White Lake, Bear Lake, Portage Lake, Grand Traverse Bay, Biscayne Bay, Miami River, Muskegon Lake, Torch River just to name a few :eek:

Seriously, this is the list of everwhere I am going this year barring any problems. Can not wait.
BTW These are not all Donzi events but there will be at least one Donzi at each location sometime during the summer of 2010.
Parnell
Have you ever been to the Elk river? It is a great place to boat vacationed there Always camped in the state parks and boated as a kid with trips to betterton beach wow has that changed.

NJFASTECH
03-14-2010, 07:57 PM
All of you have a pretty impressive line up we are still putting the hornet back together don't know if it will be finished but I thought it would be refreshing to here what is planned for the season for you guys. Very cool In deed! We will most likely do do the NJPPC poker run if ready with the only 2 classics in the fleet that I know of.

Sweet Cheekz
03-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Have you ever been to the Elk river? It is a great place to boat vacationed there Always camped in the state parks and boated as a kid with trips to betterton beach wow has that changed.

I am referring to the Elk River in Northern Michigan running into Elk Lake, which I have been in. Perhaps not the same one you were asking about?
Parnell

fasttrucker
03-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I am referring to the Elk River in Northern Michigan running into Elk Lake, which I have been in. Perhaps not the same one you were asking about?
Parnell
No:eek: the elk river is in MARYLAND

Sweet Cheekz
03-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Thats what I thought you might say. I have not been to yours but sounds like I should put it on my list :yes:
Parnell

FISHIN SUCKS
03-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Me too We did family trips every summer for the last 40 years. We have a group trip planned third week of August with 15-20 boats going from Crooked river to a hotel on the Cheboygen River then weather permitting we will be doing the St MArys river up to the locks. Can't wait.
Parnell
Too cool, we will have to swap stories of Northern Michigan at AOTH!!! My Uncle was mayor of Alanson for 26 years, grandparents owned Action Realty in Alanson and Indian River, family lives all over the dang place up there, etc etc.... Better stop now before I get majorly accused of a **Thread Hijack**:shocking:.

tom

bigdawgchallenger
03-14-2010, 11:37 PM
Finish installing new engines, paint the thing, then off to AOTH, someone owes me a beer if I show up, cant remember who though. Was it you??? LoL

Later in the year, the 1000 Islands. anyone boated there?

mike

CHACHI
03-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Mike, I boat in the 1000 Islands almost every weekend during the season.

Ken

FISHIN SUCKS
03-15-2010, 07:46 AM
then off to AOTH, someone owes me a beer if I show up, cant remember who though. Was it you??? LoL

mike
it was me..........and I'm all about the beer:beer:!!! Get your pre-registration filled out (if you havnt already), and it'll be chilled when you get down there:yes:

Sweet Cheekz
03-15-2010, 10:21 AM
FS Too funny. We put in at Alanson when we start our trip and head to Cheboygen. Love that Crokked River in a 16 Donzi! See ya at AOTH
Parnell

fasttrucker
03-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Jammin on the james:yes:.July 9-10th.Best poker run around.Richmond VA.and also the Jackson marine donzi poker run in aug.,here in MD.
Heres a link to my post about the VA run http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61037
I think that Doctor Dan is going in his pantara,also a local 35zr here in MD is making the trip.Ill be in my Lavy Tunnel but if it breaks down then Ill take the 16 baby outboard!

zelatore
03-15-2010, 11:35 AM
My plans are unfortunately modest. Finish my cuddy conversion and mechanical indicator install, then more or less stay put until a new funding source (i.e. job) comes on-line.

But I'm taking a little trip from Oakland to Half Moon Bay later this morning, if that counts for anything! (and no, not doing that by donzi. The conditions are quite mild; only 7-8' swells per the weather buoys)

JustMercMe
03-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Wellllll I was planning on the AOTH this year after hearing about it from the guys at Eufaula last year.....But the lack of work this past couple of months and the condition of the existing tow vehicle is gonna keep me around this part of the country this year...(Don't give up on me yet guys!)

Our summer list of trips.....

1. Doing a river run from Columbia, AL to Apalachicola, FL on Memorial Day weekend.

2. Billy Bowlegs Pirate Festival June 4th-6th @ Ft. Walton Beach, FL.

3. Suwannee River, FL for the 4th of July weekend.

4. Emerald Coast Poker Run in Destin, FL Aug 12th-16th

5. Eufaula 12 on Labor Day weekend

6. and if theres a homecoming in Destin we will be there for sure!

jbowen60
03-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Anybody doing anything at Lake Powell this year?