PDA

View Full Version : Bennett Trim Tabs

Mckillop
03-12-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi,

Just did a search, but didnt find the info I was looking for. Do any of you guys have experience with Bennett ST-9 Trim Tabs? In the process of some major work on my 85 18' Classic and I am looking for the best set of tabs possible. Donzi recommended the Bennett. Any suggestions?

Zinger
03-12-2010, 03:34 PM
The bennett tabs are very good for what they cost, there are many other types of tabs on the market but at a much higher price. The one thing about using bennett tabs is if you ever have a problem with any part of the system they always take care of the customer. Call tom at bennett he will help you.

BlownCrewCab
03-12-2010, 04:12 PM
The one thing about using bennett tabs is if you ever have a problem with any part of the system they always take care of the customer. Call tom at bennett he will help you.

Agreed, I had a set of new tabs that I didn't install for a year after I bought them, there was a slight problem when I did install them and they sent me out a Kit to fix it Free & Quickly:yes:

Mckillop
03-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Thanks guys. I found a new set of the ST-9 for $700.00 on eBay.

Zinger
03-12-2010, 05:36 PM
That's way too much do a search for bennett tabs st9, you will find them for around 470.

Pismo
03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I was thinking of putting the ST9s on my 22. Does that $470 include the pump and all?

Mckillop
03-12-2010, 06:56 PM
It cant be for the pump and the tabs. Everywhere I have seen has them from $800-$1000.00 for the whole kit. The ones on eBay for $700 are by far the cheapest I have found anywhere.
If someone has a link for the entire kit for cheaper, please let me know! Thanks

Mckillop
03-12-2010, 07:00 PM
That's way too much do a search for bennett tabs st9, you will find them for around 470.

All the ones I have found for $470.00 just includes (1) assembly, not both sides. Unless I am looking in the wrong place. If I am let me know, thanks for your help.

hdsadey
03-12-2010, 10:48 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BENNETT-TRIM-TAB-12-X-9-SPORT-SYSTEM-ST9-BRAND-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem414a5b7758QQitemZ28 0420382552QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

David Hartmann
03-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Hi,

Just did a search, but didnt find the info I was looking for. Do any of you guys have experience with Bennett ST-9 Trim Tabs? In the process of some major work on my 85 18' Classic and I am looking for the best set of tabs possible. Donzi recommended the Bennett. Any suggestions?

I have heard great things about Bennettt customer service. I ended up using Lenco on my 19'

#15041-101 (RT 12x12 HDNS) is there Hi performance version. I went with these because my 19' only has the thick transom in the middle and I wanted the force to be distributed.

I have had them for 3 years and no problems.
they have a built in led tab indicator
great control
no hydraulic pump

this is just my experience I have heard great things about bennett

Conquistador_del_mar
03-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Hi,

I chose the ST-9s for my 1971 restoration. They are more heavy duty with the bent up tabs for reinforcement and I really like the look. The link provided by someone else is a good price for them. Here is a link to my set installed. Bill

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=473993&postcount=125

VetteLT193
03-13-2010, 09:12 AM
I have a set of dual ram bennetts that I bought at AOTH last year. pump included.

I sold the boat they were supposed to go on. They came from hedgehog. he had the plates powdercoated in metallic red, the same color as the red bezels, steering wheels, etc.

let me know if you are interested.

Pismo
03-13-2010, 09:37 AM
Nice ebay ad.. It tells you how great Bennetts are over and over and over but does not mention things like what is in the box.....God only knows what you will really get. One tab or two? rams? pump? switch? hoses and wiring?

Conquistador_del_mar
03-13-2010, 10:45 AM
It cant be for the pump and the tabs. Everywhere I have seen has them from $800-$1000.00 for the whole kit. The ones on eBay for $700 are by far the cheapest I have found anywhere.
If someone has a link for the entire kit for cheaper, please let me know! Thanks

You might want to call these guys. I spent a couple minutes looking and this is about as good a price as I found. Bill

http://www.boatersland.com/benst9.html

DonziJon
03-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Try this place also: http://www.defender.com/productsearchresult.jsp DJ

Zinger
03-13-2010, 03:46 PM
http://www.anchorexpress.com/BENNETT-ST9-Sport-Tab-System-p/st9.htm

Pismo
03-14-2010, 10:08 AM
Once again, all these ads go on and on and on about how great Bennetts are and none of them say what is in the box... They need a 5 minute refresher course in marketing. Marketing for Dummies (the very dumb)

Cuda
03-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Once again, all these ads go on and on and on about how great Bennetts are and none of them say what is in the box... They need a 5 minute refresher course in marketing. Marketing for Dummies (the very dumb)
You can call Benett with any questions. They have far and away the best customer service I've ever found.

hdsadey
03-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I just bought a set of M80 Sport Tabs and they came with everything. I had to find out if the position switch came with when not specified and it came with the standard switch. All the ads that don't say anything about the switch will have this one. The ads otherwise will include the upgraded switches that tell you what position the tab is in or the fancy smancy deal that automatically adjusts the tabs for optimum performance at a hefty cost. I told the lady I bought mine from that the boat is only 16 feet so if I really needed to figure out where the tabs were that it wasn't far to go to look.