PDA

View Full Version : BUZZ ALDRIN is 80 !

silverghost
03-11-2010, 12:11 AM
Just found out today that BUZZ ALDRIN is now 80 !
He, and Neil landed on the moon in July 1969.
Forty years ago!
I remember watching the Apollo 11 coverage and seeing Neil & Buzz first step on the moon.
The entire family watched from our shore house on the old Motorola Quasar TV (with the works in a drawer. The very first all "Solid State" color TV.

Boy this news makes me feel old too !

I met BUZZ once at an appearance at Drexel University in Phila in 74, or 75 !
He is a very nice guy in person !
He made sure that everyone who wanted to ask a question was able to do so.
The University officials tried to pull him from the microphone ~
But he would not hear of it !

In those days We, and I thought anythng was possible in America
Where did that Can-Do spirit go ?
I wish I had a time machine~
I would go back in a second !.

Walt. H.
03-11-2010, 12:48 AM
S.G.
I totally agree 100%!

OH' Yeah and Happy Birthday Buzz. :happy_bi:

MOP
03-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Truly a glorious time, now they are trying to kill the space program. Strange how small minds can get!

Cuda
03-11-2010, 09:51 AM
I took a picture of Neil Armstrong's first step on the moon. I took a picture of the TV. I still have it somewhere.

I've stayed at the motel that advertises the home of the seven original astronaughts in Cocoa Beach a few times.

silverghost
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
The US Space Shuttle program is finished & ends after only four more fights this year.
Our new follow-on rocket is not yet man rated.
The Russians will charge the US $50. million per person, per trip to fly to the Internatinal Space Station. They will also continue to offer flights to rich folks for $20 million per trip as a carnival ride for rich folks.

What's wrong with this picture?

Houston We have a problem~
A REAL PROBLEM !

Barry Eller
03-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Buzz Aldrin will be on the next season of
Dancing with the Stars...80 years old and still a BRAVE MF!!!:superman:

Walt. H.
03-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Why not! he already flirted with the stars close up 40 yr's ago..:rlol:

Cuda
03-11-2010, 04:06 PM
The US Space Shuttle program is finished & ends after only four more fights this year.
Our new follow-on rocket is not yet man rated.
The Russians will charge the US $50. million per person, per trip to fly to the Internatinal Space Station. They will also continue to offer flights to rich folks for $20 million per trip as a carnival ride for rich folks.

What's wrong with this picture?

Houston We have a problem~
A REAL PROBLEM !
Actually, now Obama is calling for a "space summit" to be held somewhere near Cocoa Beach. If they shut down the space program. there will be some highly intelligent people unemplyed.

Barry Eller
04-07-2010, 09:35 AM
Buzz was kicked off "Dancing with the Stars" last night. I think it took more GUTS to do that show than "Go to the Moon"! He is First Class in my book!!!:yes: