PDA

View Full Version : Classic 18 Captains Call Exhaust

Mckillop
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
Hello, I am new to the forum, but not to Donzi's. I am currently in the process of rebuilding a 1995 Classic 18. I am the original owner of the boat and it has been my baby for a long time now. Unfortunately, last summer I lost the trailer off the back of my truck, and needless to say major damage occurred.
So now the process begins. The boat came from Donzi w/o through hull exhaust. The engine is now out of the boat, so now is the time to do it.
I am hoping you guys might be able to steer me in the right direction or recommend a good Captains Call kit, and also what one you have done? I am looking at Corsa and Gill. Also hoping someone might even have a
part #.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is a list of what we are doing to the boat.

NEW 383 stroker
Powder coating the block red to match
Captains Call Exhaust
New Outdrive
New prop
new gel coat
transom assembly
transom

mrfixxall
03-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Hello, I am new to the forum, but not to Donzi's. I am currently in the process of rebuilding a 1995 Classic 18. I am the original owner of the boat and it has been my baby for a long time now. Unfortunately, last summer I lost the trailer off the back of my truck, and needless to say major damage occurred.
So now the process begins. The boat came from Donzi w/o through hull exhaust. The engine is now out of the boat, so now is the time to do it.
I am hoping you guys might be able to steer me in the right direction or recommend a good Captains Call kit, and also what one you have done? I am looking at Corsa and Gill. Also hoping someone might even have a
part #.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is a list of what we are doing to the boat.

NEW 383 stroker
Powder coating the block red to match
Captains Call Exhaust
New Outdrive
New prop
new gel coat
transom assembly
transom

Welcome to the board!

I have installed Gil,corsa,rex and EMI's..they are all good but my favorite would be the EMI's..reason is they have a linear actuator and if installed with a momentary switch you can chose your sound level..Not just on or off but you can adjust how loud you want to hear the boat from 0 to 100% open..:)

http://eddiemarine.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=26417&c=300

Fixx

The Hedgehog
03-11-2010, 07:10 AM
I put the Corse on my 18 with 383 mag because I had it laying around the shop. Wiring the pump and lines was kind of a pain. For that reason, I would look at the EMI if I was buying new.

Not unhappy with the Corsa though.

Mckillop
03-11-2010, 09:41 AM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. I assume EMI stands for
Eddie Marine? Thanks again. Also, I dont suppose any of you happen to have a part# or recall which model you used for either the EMI or the Corsa?

Mckillop
03-11-2010, 09:52 AM
Welcome to the board!

I have installed Gil,corsa,rex and EMI's..they are all good but my favorite would be the EMI's..reason is they have a linear actuator and if installed with a momentary switch you can chose your sound level..Not just on or off but you can adjust how loud you want to hear the boat from 0 to 100% open..:)

http://eddiemarine.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=26417&c=300

Fixx

Just noticed that link there. Thanks!

VetteLT193
03-11-2010, 12:02 PM
there were some generic ones on ebay for far cheaper back a while ago. according to Fixx they work like the Eddie marine stuff.

These things are not all that complicated to justify the price in my opinion... so personally I wouldn't hesitate to buy a generic unit.