PDA

View Full Version : Last Piece Of The Puzzle - Help!

Carl C
03-08-2010, 06:29 PM
I've done a lot of work on my boat and will wrap up the project this spring with the full steering, sea strainer, billet battery boxes and a few other things.

I want to mirror the engine hatch. Someone here did theirs with plastic mirror stuff cut and held on with velcro. I asked at Home Depot and they thought I was crazy. Any ideas where to find this stuff locally? Or mail order if need be. TIA.

MOP
03-08-2010, 07:44 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Rd8&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=plastic+mirror&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=f&oq=

Hope this helps!

mrfixxall
03-08-2010, 07:58 PM
here ya go carl!! http://www.curbellplastics.com/sign-pop/mirror.html

make sure its polycarbonate tho,its heat resistant..

Sweet Cheekz
03-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Carl
You are going all out and it will be sweet when you get it done. Are you heading to AOTH? Looking forward to seeing your ride there or Lake St Clair this summer
Parnell

DC18
03-09-2010, 02:02 AM
Carl, try this link. I know guys that have used this product in custon applications :yes: It is awseome. Plus......check out some of their paints!!!!!
:shocking: some also available in spray cans. Hope this helps.
http://www.alsacorp.com/products/sheetingfx/sheetingfx.htm

VetteLT193
03-09-2010, 07:04 AM
you need the heavy duty velcro that is plastic on both sides. same stuff they use to put blackout kits on many cars. very heavy duty. Very hard to find. It's not available from Home depot, Ace, etc. The heavy duty stuff they have I would not trust.

Carl C
03-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the cool links. I looked at them all. I will make a further attempt to find something locally now that I know more about it.:)

Vette, your tips are always appreciated.:yes:

Sweet Cheekz, I will be on Lake St. Clair and the rivers and Huron and Erie a LOT this summer (:crossfing:). As far as AOTH or a major week-end event, it probably won't happen. Why don't we start a major event here? During summer we, arguably, have the best boating in the world and no one cares how fast you go or how loud you are! There is plenty of water to go around and unlimited destinations. I will be doing an over-nighter to Cedar Point. An over-nighter to Tawas City to close the bars. Lots of trips to Put-in-Bay too. See you out on the H2O.:boat:

I will post pics of my boat when completed.:pizza:

Ed Donnelly
03-09-2010, 08:00 AM
Carl; The thinner the better.. I screwed mine on, a much better looking fit.
Tried to post pic but I did yrs ago

Search.......Criterion Instruments 6-28-06 post 6 pic #1.............Ed

Carl C
03-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Carl; The thinner the better.. I screwed mine on, a much better looking fit.
Tried to post pic but I did yrs ago

Search.......Criterion Instruments 6-28-06 post 6 pic #1.............Ed

OK, thanks. I will try the velcro first though before drilling holes in the engine cover. Someone else here did that and said the velcro worked good.

MOP
03-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Carl when you Velcro to a concave surface get the center to make contact first by bowing the plastic it gets a better more even grip, make marks for center or you will pull it a few times.