PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have corrodded Gaffrig?Livorsi Bezels?

donzi182003
03-08-2010, 11:24 AM
hey guys I had been going nuts about my corroded bezels on my Gaffrig guages for 3 years. The finish from factory on these things are terrible and they began to corrode within 6 months... I just installed these custom anodized and THEN powdercoated bezels on the boat and they have totally changed the look of the dash... If anyone else has the corrosion issues this is the solution..

BTW.. A++ service and products delivered from Lakeside Restorations.. Jamie really came through as promised. Thanks man!!!

JustMercMe
03-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah I've noticed something eating at one of mine.....It looking like something under the clearcoat on it.....Was going to contact Livorsi about it and see if they would cover it....:confused:

Schaf
03-09-2010, 08:18 PM
I had the same issue a couple years back. I called Livorsi and sent them some photos. Livorsi ended up sending me new ones. I didn't want to take the defected ones off unless I had the new ones to put on so they floated me the new ones. They said if didn't send the defected ones back after I installed the new ones my credit card would be charged. So I took the defected ones off and put the new ones on and sent the defected ones back to Livorsi no problems. Livorsi stands behind the products they make. I thought it was going to be big hassel but they made it easy. Hope you recieve the same experience.

LKSD
03-16-2010, 07:50 AM
hey guys I had been going nuts about my corroded bezels on my Gaffrig guages for 3 years. The finish from factory on these things are terrible and they began to corrode within 6 months... I just installed these custom anodized and THEN powdercoated bezels on the boat and they have totally changed the look of the dash... If anyone else has the corrosion issues this is the solution..

BTW.. A++ service and products delivered from Lakeside Restorations.. Jamie really came through as promised. Thanks man!!!

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you like them, they do look good ! .. :) Jamie / Lakeside

Yeah I've noticed something eating at one of mine.....It looking like something under the clearcoat on it.....Was going to contact Livorsi about it and see if they would cover it....

The hard mil spec anodizing & powder coating afterward is better than just painted or powder coated bezels alone.. Otherwise it is easier for the corrosion to start & peel the bezels.. It is not as much of an issue in fresh water, but running in salt or brackish water can be harder on them.. Livorsi does NOT offer this process, but we do.. ;) :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations