PDA

View Full Version : Latest Scoop On Donzi From Matt Trulio

Carl C
03-01-2010, 07:52 PM
I hope he doesn't mind me posting this link that he posted on SOS: http://www.boats.com/boat-content/2010/03/donzi-shooting-for-70-boats-in-2010/

So Donzi only made 200 boats per year in the good days?

The link WAS working............

FISHIN SUCKS
03-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanx for the post Carl. I like the optimism that Barrie is spinnin' to Trulio!

Tom A.
03-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I really hope they follow this plan! It has been rumoring around the past year or so that they were going to focus more on the "custom" higher end and bring the Donzi name back to where it should be. There is no reason they can't be on the same level as Cigarette and Outerlimits with their quality and craftsmanship. I wish the best to all involved and would love to see that 43 Comp Zr sit down with a wraparound windscreen or a 27 Classic.:cool:

VetteLT193
03-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Craig B. was energetic when I was down there too. And he really does work 7 days a week. We struck the deal on my ZXO while I think he was eating dinner one night.

I can't believe he knocked the inventory down. that is the most amazing thing. There were new boats everywhere when I was down there.

I'm happy they are moving higher end. I do wish they would incorporate some family boats back into the line though. There is nothing left that I could afford to take the family on. Sure, I could afford a new 22 or 27 ZR, etc. but they are not viable for a family of 4 to have a fun day on the water. A 27 ZRO would be pretty killer!

DickB
03-02-2010, 03:44 PM
"Custom" does not necessarily equate to "high end" as in bigger and more expensive. Donzi has a "Custom Classic Studio" link on their web site, although it's not active yet.