PDA

View Full Version : anyone in Daytona?

rtgogo
02-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Headed out for a ride to bike week in a few days. Anyone down there?

Cuda
02-28-2010, 07:08 AM
I live 20 miles directly west of Daytona down Hwy 92. The weather was terrible yesterday, it was about 50 and drizzling most of the day. I think today will be better. The weather always sucks during Bikeweek. Octoberfest has a lot better weather.

rtgogo
02-28-2010, 05:08 PM
Agree on weather.. hopin the end of this week it gets nice. I've hit it lucky a couple of times, but spent plenty of days in the monsoon down there...

Cuda
03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Supposed to be cold as hell tonight. The wind has been blowing all day.

My buddy and his brother today.

McGary911
03-03-2010, 07:22 AM
I was down on Friday night. It's less crowded on the early weekend, which is fine by me. We had someone driving, so we could have a beer or 3. Met some friends from NJ and Kissimmee, which was nice. Got my yearly hat. Hit Froggy's and Harry's in town. Saw a couple of wet t-shirt contests (1 good, 1 terrifying). Stopped by the Iron Horse on the way out of town. Got home in time for yardwork on Saturday. Lucky me.

Have a great time when you go down, and yeah, hope the weather works out right for you. That's one of the reasons we did last Friday and not Saturday. Didn't want to deal with the crappy weather on Saturday.

Cuda
03-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Today is cole slaw wrestling at the Cabbage Patch. I couldn't believe how many bikes were there on a Wednesday the first time I went.

Cuda
03-03-2010, 09:11 AM
Some pictures that my buddy in Ormond took.