PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Fountain Update

FISHIN SUCKS
02-26-2010, 09:13 AM
Have any of you heard this? Last week when Jeff (aka Tamburello) and I were at the Los Angeles Boat show, one of the Livorsi reps was saying that the new owners of everything are moving Donzi up to North Carolina to the Fountain plant. Donzi's will be the go-fast line (no center consoles), Fountain will be limited to express cruisers and center consoles (no go-fasts), and Pro line will still be center consoles. When I asked about baja, he was not sure what was going to happen with that line. I'm kinda surprised that they would eliminate the Fountain go-fast line, but he was pretty confident when I asked him again.

Barry Eller
02-26-2010, 10:10 AM
That is shocking...I wonder if Donzi's will grow beaks...:confused:

mrfixxall
02-26-2010, 10:17 AM
and thefunny part is that reggie is still going to be running the place...

i can only imagine seeing him trying to sell a donzi now instead of a fountain in one of his corney vids..

Carl C
02-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Sounds like there is still hope for continuation of the Classics......:crossfing:.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-26-2010, 11:37 AM
and thefunny part is that reggie is still going to be running the place...

i can only imagine seeing him trying to sell a donzi now instead of a fountain in one of his corney vids..
Well, one other thing I forgot to mention, this guy we were talking to was saying Reggie is out of the picture, off the radar........ Soooo, who knows?

CHACHI
02-26-2010, 11:47 AM
The price of gold will plummet.

Walt. H.
02-27-2010, 02:14 AM
That is shocking...I wonder if Donzi's will grow beaks...:confused:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Walt. H.
02-27-2010, 02:19 AM
Well, one other thing I forgot to mention, this guy we were talking to was saying Reggie is out of the picture, off the radar........ Soooo, who knows?
Elvis will have left the building holding the current world title for the fastest production vee hull. :shocking:

gcarter
02-27-2010, 06:08 AM
My friend who sells business services to Donzi/ProLine knows nothing of this.
So it could be very much in the very early planning stages......
She did say that the two plants here in Florida are so under utilized and under staffed that consolidating in a single location could make sense, at least for the time being.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Another thing I remember the guy saying was that they have not shipped anything to Donzi in quite a while, but they have been shipping guages and whatnot to Fountain. time will tell.

mc donzi
02-27-2010, 07:50 AM
The price of gold will plummet.

Not to mention.. black shoe polish and hair spray.

BTW... nice avatar :wink:

LKSD
02-27-2010, 08:39 AM
My friend who sells business services to Donzi/ProLine knows nothing of this.
So it could be very much in the very early planning stages......
She did say that the two plants here in Florida are so under utilized and under staffed that consolidating in a single location could make sense, at least for the time being.

I have some opinions myself, but I dont want to start any unneeded gossip or possible misinformation.. However your info seems to be correct from what I have been told & found out so far too.

As far as the other stuff that was mentioned here about Reggie.... Who knows for sure. Time will tell.... However according to Soundings & some other Marine dealer/trade publications supposedly he was to stay on to play a large part in the Fountain operations.. That was within the last week or 2, but again, I guess we will all see how it plays out..

:popcorn:

:) Jamie

Cuda
02-27-2010, 08:43 AM
Love him or hate him, Reggie put his money where his mouth was.

Carl C
02-27-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.boats.com/boat-content/2010/02/donzi-on-the-rebound-fingers-crossed/Posted by Matt Trulio on SOS:

FISHIN SUCKS
02-27-2010, 11:17 AM
http://www.boats.com/boat-content/2010/02/donzi-on-the-rebound-fingers-crossed/Posted by Matt Trulio on SOS:
Definitely sounds encouraging:crossfing:

CHACHI
02-27-2010, 05:11 PM
Not to mention.. black shoe polish and hair spray.

BTW... nice avatar :wink:
Thanks for the compliment on the pic.

It was taken by a guy who claims he is Canadian but I don't think so.

Picture was in focus and it was taken in the morning, early.

Stupid me, I forgot cameras focus themselves. :wink:

Ken

z33donzi
03-03-2010, 02:19 PM
does that mean donzi will run a lot slower now? if they move the plant //i have to slow down so my buddy,s 42fountain can catch up [whz yor dad-e-

z33donzi
03-03-2010, 02:23 PM
DONZI THE REAL FOUNTAIN KiLLER //fountain eats cat donzi see,s fountain fountain runs donzi let fountain get a nice run going then DONZI eats fountain poor fountain they will never learn [whz yor dad-e- ]

mattyboy
03-03-2010, 05:31 PM
maybe now Donzi will try to break the record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2NHBoiP9Go

Carl C
03-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't want to drag any names into this but the record setting Fountain was a one off extremely lightweight boat. The outer layer of glass appeared to be AT MOST 1/8 inch thick. Maybe closer to 1/16! I saw this myself. The boat needed a complete transom replacement not long after being sold. I saw the boat in the shop being done. It is the opinion of some folks in the know that this boat should have been destroyed and not sold.

Now, that being said, I want to go on record that I have a lot of respect for Reggie Fountain and Fountain Powerboats. Reggie did a lot for the performance boating industry and my first ride in a true off-shore boat was in an original Fountain Executioner. I do feel that Reggie should have changed the direction of his company some time ago to focus on a smaller number of high end boats to compete with the likes of Cigarette and OL. As far as what happens now, I think it would be a shame to lose either Baja, Fountain or, especially, Donzi.:crossfing:

Marlin275
03-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I think it would be a shame to lose either Baja, Fountain or, especially, Donzi.:crossfing:
1964 Donzi is too famous
it will live on
the name is worth millions
Chris Craft
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=50307&d=1252167844
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54163&d=1267674316

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54165&d=1267676289
Broader...Sleeker...Sportier
The all-new Roscioli Donzi R-92 is not just an elegant athlete... it is a world-class champion. The Roscioli Donzi combination of performance, styling and speed has literally set the benchmark unmatched in the sportfish arena today. Whether at rest or full power, it exudes the confidence and strength of a gold medal winner with every turn of the wheel. The broader hull, the sleeker flybridge and sportier design demonstrate the vision of the legendary Roscioli team. The newest addition to the Roscioli family, the R-92 unites the best of all the Roscioli Donzi Sportfish yachts in a classic beauty the others will only emulate for years to come. This is "THE" sportfish yacht that will take you into the future!
Bigger is Better!