PDA

View Full Version : Facebook

Jraysray
02-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Any of you guy's use Facebook? I know a few do. Another great way to keep in touch. Check it out.

Cuda
02-25-2010, 12:18 PM
I do to keep up with my siblings lives.

VetteLT193
02-25-2010, 12:34 PM
I pop in and out of it. keeps me in touch with old friends from high school and college. Also family members that I don't talk to much...

I think it has the worst and most confusing interface on Earth though so I'm not there very often.

Carl C
02-25-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000417930173&ref=profile

I'm there. Speedwake has tied into Facebook and I've made some friends through that site. Sometimes I swear on my Facebook page.....:nilly:. Send friend requests if anyone wants to.

Cuda
02-25-2010, 02:01 PM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000417930173&ref=profile

I'm there. Speedwake has tied into Facebook and I've made some friends through that site. Sometimes I swear on my Facebook page.....:nilly:. Send friend requests if anyone wants to.
Another reason I haven't been on there for months. It's losing members right and left.

Carl C
02-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Another reason I haven't been on there for months. It's losing members right and left.

Yes it is. I haven't posted there much lately either.

Cuda
02-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Yes it is. I haven't posted there much lately either.
It's the heavy handed owner of the site. He wasn't posting either.

mrfixxall
02-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Farmville king n;)

Donzi Vol
02-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh yeah...Vol is on facebook. Search for Donzi's and you'll find him :wink:

Marlin275
02-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Vette is right!
"I think it has the worst and most confusing interface on Earth though so I'm not there very often."

Privacy is a real problem too.

Facebook Inc. said a glitch with a software update caused some email messages to be sent to the wrong recipients for "a short time" late Wednesday, raising questions about privacy on the site.

A Facebook spokeswoman said the company was still investigating the problem and didn't have specific data on the number of people affected by the glitch.

"During our regular code push yesterday evening, a bug caused some misrouting to a small number of users for a short period of time," Facebook said in a statement.

Facebook user Pablo S. Torre said that at about 8:30 Wednesday night, he began receiving messages that were clearly not meant for him. He estimates that he received "well over 100" emails in the span of an hour and a half.

"I literally have people's private correspondence with their names attached," he said. "I'm very curious to see how Facebook deals with this."

Other Facebook users also reported the problem on social-networki ng sites.

"Our engineers diagnosed the problem moments after it began and are working to get everything back in its rightful place," Facebook said in its prepared statement. The company added that affected users wouldn't be able to access the site while the problem was being fixed.

The email glitch is the latest to cause concern about privacy on Facebook and other sites that allow people to share personal information over the Web.

Companies such as Google and Facebook have been competing for users who send and store information ranging from public updates to private email. Along the way, the privacy policies of the sites have come under fire, as has the sites' ability to protect users' data.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703795004575087940553021032.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_MIDDLETopStories

oledawg
02-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Use it daily to keep up with folks, but judiciously with privacy settings in place and with the knowledge that anything posted could appear ANYWHERE. Like any other tool, just have to be aware of its limitations. Overall it works for me. :cool!:

Cuda
02-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Use it daily to keep up with folks, but judiciously with privacy settings in place and with the knowledge that anything posted could appear ANYWHERE. Like any other tool, just have to be aware of its limitations. Overall it works for me. :cool!:
That's true. Don't post anything on the net that you wouldn"t put on the front page of a newspaper.

Barry Eller
02-26-2010, 05:43 PM
I have a Facebook page. Just search Barry Eller, Gulf Breeze, Fl. I only accept people I know as "Friends". When I get a "Friend" requests from someone I don't know, I just just click "ignore" and they go away...what a concept!!:cool!:'

Team Jefe
02-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Me Too http://www.facebook.com/Team.Jefe

oledawg
02-28-2010, 08:41 AM
Barry hit the proverbial nail on the head, if I don't know someone, they certainly are not my "friend". Smackin down on the Ignore button pronto! A lot of the younger folks that use FB take pride in just increasing the number of "friends" that they have, regardless of if they really "know" them or not ( personal experience with my 20 something twins ). Being the old fart that I am, just can't do that. But I do love FB....

Carl C
02-28-2010, 08:49 AM
What can someone get off a facebook page that they can use against you? My credit card info is not there, or my ss #. You can go to People Lookup of Zaba Search and get a whole portfolio on anyone.

oledawg
02-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Nothing that if you don't put it there....but still, who knows in today's crazy world....not a bad thing to be a little paranoid......:rolleyes:

Cuda
02-28-2010, 12:01 PM
Nothing that if you don't put it there....but still, who knows in today's crazy world....not a bad thing to be a little paranoid......:rolleyes:
I wouldn't be paranoid if everyone wasn't out to get me. :)

Cuda
02-28-2010, 12:02 PM
What can someone get off a facebook page that they can use against you? My credit card info is not there, or my ss #. You can go to People Lookup of Zaba Search and get a whole portfolio on anyone.
Where did this comment come from?