PDA

View Full Version : 1974 Donzi GT-21 (NOT MINE)

Just Say N20
02-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Writing style sounds familiar :yes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120535295695&viewitem=

big bore
02-25-2010, 12:48 PM
hay does any body know any thing about this boat im interested in this one
thanks

Tidbart
02-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Writing style sounds familiar :yes:

Now that's funny.

B

Masisport
02-26-2010, 12:22 AM
Is worth 8 to 10K?

Tidbart
02-26-2010, 07:05 AM
Is worth 8 to 10K?

Hard to say without seeing it up close. Pictures can be deceiving. It is, after all, 36 years old.

For me, an ebay purchase on this boat would be hard to justify. For a couple of reasons: from what I could tell, the seller might be a used car dealer or someone who deals in a lot of vehicles. So, he may not be the owner or know a lot about the boat. There would need to be a lot of questions asked. Secondly, the way the ad was written says to me, fluff. Not specific as to hours, condition, maintenance records, etc.

Again, these are my thoughts, but if I was looking at this boat, I would do a lot DD. I would definitely have a survey done. I might even wait and see if it doesn't sell, then make a deal on my own, less risk this way and no contract to buy without seeing it up close and personal.

Hope this helps.

Bob

axelkloehn
02-26-2010, 08:21 AM
Is worth 8 to 10K?

hmmm, the way the ad is written is like copy-paste of something to me.

I have bought a early 70s GT21 last year, unbelievable how rotten the transom and the stringers were, and it was so wet underneath the gas tank, the foam there was sucked in with water so that the tank was almost rotten thru... there could be a lot of surprises in that thing.

Have a look in the engine room at the ebay ad, the motor looks ok but the engine room itself does not look very clean, no power steering, I don't see any hydraulics for trim tabs...

I guess it will hardly go over 7k at ebay...

donzi racer
02-27-2010, 10:15 PM
hay does any body know any thing about this boat im interested in this one
thanks

Although I want to stay off this one, Damned if I do & Damned if I don't. I do not own this boat but have my finger in the pie, so let me say that if there are any questions, email them thru ebay & they will be glad to answer them fully.

This boat is a 7 condition, has no hour meter that I saw, no maintenance records, family owned for over 10 years.

For my money, I would add a little $ over this one and look seriously at JOHN SCIBERRAS 1974 GT-21 in this same section. That GT-21 boat looks fantastic & is in a much higher condition category than this one. I would look to ebay for average to good boats, expecting some work to make them real nice, & look to the registry for more pristine collectable examples.

Just my 2c. Tom

Masisport
02-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the common sense input!

JOHN SCIBERRAS
03-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Tom, just saw your comment re my boat. Thanks, John.

donzi racer
03-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Tom, just saw your comment re my boat. Thanks, John.

John, you have a fabulous GT-21. I love the idea of the gas tank in the engine compartment. Great Luck to you. Tom