PDA

View Full Version : Lamborghini to the rescue

MOP
02-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Have to tell my tale! I have a few acres of land down here in Costa Rica that so far all I do is visit it once a year when I go down,I have been doing this for many years dwon the same road with the little rice burner sub compact. It is about a mile off the main road to my property, I have been up and down this unimproved road dozens of times. Well this time there was no getting out the loose rocks were like grease where I always turn around. So there I was a mile from no where with no phone, so Bonnie and I hiked out up & down some ridiculous hills. One mile seemed more like 2-3, believe this old fart was done in by the time we got to the highway. Now here we are no phone, don't speak Spanish, waited awhile then I flagged a cab was that was flying by. He took us back to Zarcero where some of our family lives, in this town extremely few speak English needless to say we could not find anyone even at a family members law office. We even though beat walked around to the homes only to find none were home, by this time Bonnie was freaked out. We were walking to a home of one person that we knew spoke English, we turned the corner and ran into one of the uncles. Not speaking one word of English he took us under his wing, off to the finca (farm) we went in his Jeep. When we got back to the car the Jeep did its best to no avail the slope was to slippery, he just smiled and left us. 20 minutes later he returned with his brother and a monster 4X4 Lamborghini tractor from their lumber mill pretty much end of story. So you guys don't be to jealous I am paying for being in paradise!!!!

glashole
02-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Phil

going to be in costa rica starting mar 30 for a week

let me know if there is anything i should see

have a good time chum

Shea

VetteLT193
02-25-2010, 08:06 AM
I was hoping you were going to say one of these beasts rescued you!

http://www.0-60mag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/56-lamborghini-lm002.jpg

either way, sounds like you had quite the adventure!

CHACHI
02-25-2010, 10:51 AM

http://www.0-60mag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/56-lamborghini-lm002.jpg

.............and people thought Hummers were cool.

Ken

Conquistador_del_mar
02-25-2010, 10:57 AM

.............and people thought Hummers were cool.

Ken

What is that thing? It looks fairly radical, but I am not familiar with it. Bill

VetteLT193
02-25-2010, 11:41 AM
What is that thing? It looks fairly radical, but I am not familiar with it. Bill

Lambo built an SUV before SUV's were cool. Too far ahead of their time. Sounds like they are coming out with a new SUV soon though.

here is info on the old one: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_LM002

CHACHI
02-25-2010, 02:05 PM

I guess your questions is answered and knowing you, you probably have more.

Ken

rchevelle71
02-25-2010, 02:10 PM

Its a pimped out honda Ridgeline:eek:

gcarter
02-25-2010, 04:10 PM
A friend of mine in San diego had two of these (something a little different than the other two Lambos he has)......

gcarter
02-25-2010, 04:15 PM
lambo lost a bundle on these. The production run was far too short to come evedn close to breaking even. I don't think it was long at all before Chrysler took over Lambo.

thehow33
02-25-2010, 09:43 PM
very cool story....my wife went to coasta rica last june for 3 weeks and when she came back she said lets buy some land....how much is land there?

oledawg
02-26-2010, 08:50 AM
I worked in Central America for many years and my take on buying land is that it is very difficult for a gringo to do, and certainly not as cheap as you would think. These countries like to keep it either for their own people, or if sold, to an entity that will produce jobs/income for their people. Can be done though, just get a GOOD lawyer and watch the fine print.

thehow33
02-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I worked in Central America for many years and my take on buying land is that it is very difficult for a gringo to do, and certainly not as cheap as you would think. These countries like to keep it either for their own people, or if sold, to an entity that will produce jobs/income for their people. Can be done though, just get a GOOD lawyer and watch the fine print.

That's interesting, it was just a thought. I don't think we would be able to enjoy it enough because of the distance although my wife does speak spanish fluently so that could help. We went to the Dominican Republic 2yrs ago, my 2 years of high school spanish enabled me to order drinks and I only learned how to do that because I did it a hundred times.:yes:

Thanks for the info though...because I am a gringo

oledawg
02-26-2010, 07:24 PM
Highjacking the post a little, but I see that thehow33 and I have the same boat except his has at least two items that I would like to add at some point, the Imco shorty and the full hydralic steering. :nilly: