PDA

View Full Version : New donzi owner performance and maintance question

million206
02-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Just bought a 99 donzi 16ft classic. 4.3l mercruiser with an alphaone drive. Think some time in the future I will want to put a fresg water cooling system in if I do decide to run salt water and wonder what's the cheapest or best way to go. Also what I can do to get some more power. It ha threw transom exhaust currently. What can I do to install silent choise utalizing what I have? Also interior how much would it cost to recover both buckets the bench and side pieces. They are white with red piping ? Thanks for any and all help and advise.

Planetwarmer
02-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Congrats on the new purchase! That boat will feel much faster at slower speeds than a larger boat, and better on gas too! Type in "fresh water cooling" in the search tab. There have been past posts on that subject. If I remember, I think someone quoted 350.00 or so. I also recently asked about the cost on a new interior, and was quoted 1000-3000. It really depends on who does the work, and what kind of quality. To quote 1 member, "you get what you pay for". The fresh water flush is something that you can do if you are mechanically inclined. You can probably find one at West Marine.