PDA

View Full Version : where are there acces points for a 18 classic fuel

breitstone
02-22-2010, 07:06 PM
I recently bought a 1986 18 classic and i need to have the tank cleaned because the fuel has been sitting there for 3 to 4 years any suggestions .Also is it common for these classics to be cream colored, does it add and also does it add value that i have the first donas 18 classic with a 350 magnum

Donzi Vol
02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
I recently bought a 1986 18 classic and i need to have the tank cleaned because the fuel has been sitting there for 3 to 4 years any suggestions .Also is it common for these classics to be cream colored, does it add and also does it add value that i have the first donas 18 classic with a 350 magnum

what boat did you buy? curiousity killed the cat...

As far as getting the gas out, connect an electronic fuel pump to the fuel line before the water seperator. Connect another hose going out of the pump into a gas tank. Sell the gas to someone you don't like. You probably want to go ahead and replace the fuel hoses. In the older ones, it's pretty easy to access those areas via the floor hatch and a small access between the two front seats.

breitstone
02-23-2010, 06:08 AM
thanks

Conquistador_del_mar
02-23-2010, 12:00 PM

3 or 4 years is enough time for some nasty deposits to be settled in the tank. If it were mine, I would first add 2 or 3 16oz cans of B12 Chemtool to the fuel tank overnight and drive it around on the trailer for 30 minutes or so the next day before pumping out the tank as decribed using an electric fuel pump. This way the deposits should be dissolved into the fuel before removing the fuel. You can rig a cheap electric fuel pump like I did on a board with alligator clips for the battery for fuel removal in the future. You won't have over about $30 invested. My two cents, Bill