PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Island Run 2010

MOP
02-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Check you calendars! A few of us are leaning toward the same weekend as last year the 6th 7th an 8th of August. That is the same weekend as the Poker Run America run that is held on Saturday the 7th, you get to see the big boys run and also can see the boats on display in Kingston Friday For those who wish to do other things that day we will are discussing alternatives. There are many other options, the area is loaded with various attractions.

Ed Donnelly
02-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Works for me.. Might even be able to go over 1 mile this time before breaking down..I think I hold the record for having to stop to correct a problem
9 times in 4 hrs.. Just think of all the gas everyone saved............Ed

CHACHI
02-22-2010, 06:22 PM
..............and I thank you ED.

Ken

Carl C
03-01-2010, 06:26 PM
1,000 Islands is a big area: http://www.1000islands.com/thousand_islands_map.php

Is the run up and down the St. Lawrence Seaway? Will we be going ashore in Canada? I don't know if I can get a passport in time. Are we able to run fast and loud like on the rest of the Great Lakes? Need more info on this event!

Wouldn't it maybe be better to not have it the same week-end as the poker run? I'd rather run the crap out of my boat than be a spectator....just me....I see the big boats all the time. Would rather run the boats if taking on the expense of going....

glashole
03-02-2010, 10:55 AM
Carl, you can run as fast and hard as you would like in the islands

there are a couple no wake zones where the river cuts close by some cottages etc but if that is the end of the world for you there is always another route to go

If this is going to be the weekend of the event i will be there as a spectator in a cruiser not a donzi as i am every year

if it is any other weekend in the summer i will make a point of being there with the Donzi and run with you guys

Shea

MOP
03-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Carl it only takes about 4-5 weeks to get your passport, if you kick in a few $ more you can get the pocket card. The card is nicer then having to carry the passport around. Also there are many options, you do not have to watch the PR. This one place that there is something for everyone, even if we get hit with a day of rain there is no way for anyone to be bored or even bummed out. There is a ton of boat related and other land stuff to do, castles to explore, museums and roaming the funky town of Abay so far we have been quite lucky though. Ken myself and a few others know what all there is to do, Ken and I will be working to put together a decent plan. I am sure some of the Canadian brothers will help out, a trip to Kingston is a must as is some time roaming through the islands it is a very unique place as are all the event places are. Believe me there is much to see and plenty of running in between!

Phil

MOP
03-03-2010, 07:19 AM
Another thing there is always room in someones boat for the few that can't drag theirs up to the run! Have no fear one of us will take you under our wing!

Tim Morris
03-03-2010, 08:25 AM
"Soixante-neuf"????

You sound like a Canadian brother yourself, albeit one from the 'Provinces'.

Tim Morris
03-03-2010, 09:24 AM
I've got a conflict I need to work out -

Canadian "Gone Roddin" hot rod tour.

Registration Now Open!
Start Planning Now
August 6 - 9, 2010
Everyone's Welcome!
Current Itinerary
Dates: Friday August 6 - Monday August 9, 2010
(overnight stops in red)
Day 1 / Fri. August 6: Vaughan to Windsor, Ontario
Day 2 / Sat. August 7: Windsor to Niagara Region , Ontario
Day 3 / Sun. August 8: Niagara Region, Ontario
Day 4 / Mon. August 9: Return trips home

mike o
03-10-2010, 07:04 AM
1,000 Islands is a big area: http://www.1000islands.com/thousand_islands_map.php

Is the run up and down the St. Lawrence Seaway? Will we be going ashore in Canada? I don't know if I can get a passport in time. Are we able to run fast and loud like on the rest of the Great Lakes? Need more info on this event!

Wouldn't it maybe be better to not have it the same week-end as the poker run? I'd rather run the crap out of my boat than be a spectator....just me....I see the big boats all the time. Would rather run the boats if taking on the expense of going.... If you want to run.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126vVsa--xk&feature=related:yes:........:eek:.........:kingme:

Carl C
03-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Cool videos. You know I don't have to drive WOT all the time but I can't putt around at 45 mph either. Also I hate my clamp on mufflers but without them my boat is a cop magnet on lakes with a speed limit. I don't see Lake George ending well..:nilly:. No wake zones are no problem as long as you know where they are. Not all are posted. The Coasties nail people all the time north of the Belle Isle bridge where there is a non posted no wake zone. I will look into a pass port or enhanced driver's license. I still would rather go on a week-end other than the poker run. I see the big boats all the time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHM2DBed_vY

Tim Morris
03-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Somebody lay a video of 'My Way' on Carl. I've seen lots of big
go fasts too, but last year down there we were playing follow the
leader at about 40 - 45 mph through some very scenic waterways
and all of a sudden we were overtaken by this guy working out
any issues on the day before the poker run. He was moving at
well over 100 mph. TURBINES!!!! We didn't hear him coming.

CHACHI
03-11-2010, 05:51 AM
He kinda did "sneek" up, didn't he.

Ken

CHACHI
03-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Somebody lay a video of 'My Way' on Carl. I've seen lots of big
go fasts too, but last year down there we were playing follow the
leader at about 40 - 45 mph through some very scenic waterways
and all of a sudden we were overtaken by this guy working out
any issues on the day before the poker run. He was moving at
well over 100 mph. TURBINES!!!! We didn't hear him coming.

I think that is Singer Castle in the background. (:58 mark)

Second boat was at least 15-20 minutes back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqG5mAaX24U

Ken

Carl C
03-11-2010, 06:31 AM
OMG, that sounded like an F-16 flying by!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

mc donzi
03-11-2010, 06:54 AM
He kinda did "sneek" up, didn't he.

Ken

Loosened up my bowels :eek: :toiletpap !!

Dave

younger
03-13-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm in and the 16 bh is ready. For anyone conserned about noise and speed bring it on. NO RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carl C
03-13-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm in and the 16 bh is ready. For anyone conserned about noise and speed bring it on. NO RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well maybe a few rules! You better be prepared to pass a Coastie check and know where those no wake zones are and don't land or anchor in the country you are not a citizen of without documentation! But, yeah, pretty much anything goes on the Great Lakes! And I love it!! I will try to make this event. It looks like a new part of the great Lake system I'd like to experience!

mattyboy
03-13-2010, 09:53 AM

younger have you had the chance to run that bad boy yet.

really would like to see numbers on that setup :)

Ed Donnelly
03-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Tim; Maybe Ken and I can bring our hotrods to that event:nilly:

I am a THS Monday if you would like to pick up Kens gift from last Dec

I swear I never wore it....Ed 416 984 2854

Tim Morris
03-14-2010, 01:51 PM
The one with the DONZI plate on it? I dunno....
Guys who drive those don't get to enjoy much of their own coffee.

Ken, on the other hand just spent a pile of loot on his but I doubt if
the Mrs. knows how much. He's still living at home isn't he?

younger
03-14-2010, 07:05 PM
Still looking at ice, the river is open but the ramp is still got ice. Sometime next couple of weeks. The numbers will be posted.

ACE51
03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
do you all have a schedule for the event or how does everyone just cruise around? Do you all stay at the same place on the river?

Does anyone know if this is the same week as the antique boat show in Clayton?

I do not have a Donzi yet.... But I occasionally head up that ways to my uncles house on Black Lake (I've seen a classic 18 a few times, anyone here?) and go to the boat show in Clayton.

ACE51
03-25-2010, 06:41 PM
To answer my questions, this is right between two events at the Clayton museum:

"July 30 - August 1
46th Annual Antique Boat Show & Auction (http://www.abm.org/antique-boat-show.asp)
Featuring GAR WOOD BOATS. View over 100 antique boats exhibited dockside and on land, bid on an auction boat, shop in the Marketplace,attend an educational forum, enjoy the sunset at the Saturday Evening Banquet.

Augst 13 - 14
Antique Raceboat Regatta"

glashole
04-25-2010, 08:48 AM
any more word on this?
are the dates set as of right now?

mikeo- you coming back up this year?

mike o
04-25-2010, 09:00 AM
any more word on this?
are the dates set as of right now?

mikeo- you coming back up this year?Yep, you bet:kingme:. My dates set. Im going to be in Kingston Friday nite, checking out the poker run boats. Pull in on your way by....:party:

glashole
04-25-2010, 09:04 AM
we are going to be in kingston thurs night then to a-bay friday morn to et a good spot on the main dock for the cruisers

will be out in the area through the day with a pontoon boat this year and will be looking for everyone to buzz us

saving a spot for you if you wanna join

Shea

mike o
04-25-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm in for it ALL.......... Ill see Ya Thur's in Kingston then sometime. Ill blast down for a visit:kingme:. If the weather's good, I'm leaving Wed. :cool!::cool!::cool!:. The WHOLE 1000 Islands ROCKS Pirates Weekend........:yes: Totally.:kingme:

MOP
04-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Ken & I were just talking about it, looks like from the various comments it will be well attended!

Word Of Caution to ALL!!! Finding a place to stay should be on you now agenda, a lot of folks make it up there for the Poker Run. There is much to do up there and watching the poker run can be done in spurts as it lasts a long time, for many a hour or so is enough most of us come to run sitting to long gets stale. You have to keep an eye out if you are running the course, but there are miles and miles of water ways away from the fray through some of the most picturesque areas. The homes on the more than 1000 islands range from the 1800's to some modern stuff, there are cottages and castles. There are two big castles can be explored, a couple of very nice museums and yes the tourist trap Alex Bay.

A thought of a Friday night meet up dinner had come up, I would like input on your thoughts and where to hold it.

buzzznaround
05-14-2010, 10:32 PM
I will be there guys I will be staying at Treasure Island again and will have wheels to travel to evening events & chaufer anyone else who may need transportation

ACE51
05-30-2010, 09:00 PM
where do you guys recommend staying? is there a main dock you leave from and how early do you guys start running? Sounds like its a fun time

Rob M
05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
To answer my questions, this is right between two events at the Clayton museum:
"July 30 - August 1
46th Annual Antique Boat Show & Auction (http://www.abm.org/antique-boat-show.asp)
Featuring GAR WOOD BOATS. View over 100 antique boats exhibited dockside and on land, bid on an auction boat, shop in the Marketplace,attend an educational forum, enjoy the sunset at the Saturday Evening Banquet.
Augst 13 - 14
Antique Raceboat Regatta"
Get there early and you can even bid on Brock Yate's F-14 :)
http://www.antiqueboatamerica.com/ab_list_boatNew.asp?Left=Auction&Type=ViewBoat&BoatId=29239

Ed Donnelly
05-31-2010, 04:25 AM
ACE51 A few of us stay at the Glen house resort

http://www.smugglersglen.com .........Ed

CHACHI
05-31-2010, 05:34 PM
ED, have you made your reservations yet?

My bride is pushing me to make ours. Fred going?

Ken

mike o
05-31-2010, 08:06 PM
http://www.abay.com/gallery/view_album.asp?Album_ID=57.........:kingme: Bring pirate stuff.

bigdawgchallenger
06-03-2010, 03:25 AM
Are US customs stickers needed? Not sure how things work up there? Ahy?

mike

CHACHI
06-03-2010, 05:38 AM
No stickers but you will need a passport or enhanced drivers license if you ar jumping into Canada.

Ken

younger
06-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Has any final details been arranged as to were and what time the run will start? It seems that I generally catch the tail end of this event would like to make a day of it. Will the majority be on the Canadian side, or will there be a hook-up somewere on the river? I can't wait to run. Will be running with a teather this year.

problemchild
07-16-2010, 02:56 PM
I'll be there too, can't wait to see everybody.
Fyi the boat my way does over 200 and is only the SECOND fastest boat on the river. (He's building a new boat at the moment to try to beat out Aqua Mania who is planning on breaking the record of 213 mph at the upcoming poker run) :cool!:

problemchild
07-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Oops sorry that was a little outta place, I didn't realize there were 2 more pages... I was referring to the first page of posts lol

boxy
07-18-2010, 07:34 PM
I'll be there too, can't wait to see everybody.
Fyi the boat my way does over 200 and is only the SECOND fastest boat on the river. (He's building a new boat at the moment to try to beat out Aqua Mania who is planning on breaking the record of 213 mph at the upcoming poker run) :cool!:
The MyWay OL has never run over 200 MPH....
AquaMania G3 Racing ran 204.5 mph in the 2009 Alex Bay Poker Run.
The new MyWay will not be ready for the 1000 Islands Poker Run.

mike o
07-23-2010, 07:57 AM
When everybody showing up. Ill be there on the 4th (Wed, on Wellsley Island ). Ken, Phil, Ed, Shea......:canada: ect?

Ed Donnelly
07-23-2010, 10:07 AM
A few of us on the Canadian side have had to bow out for various reasons

Ed Donnelly
Fred Clark
Tim Morris
and I believe Mr Mugsford and McDonald

Shannon is brokenhearted about it but there will be no stopping us next year....Ed

CHACHI
07-23-2010, 01:53 PM
Mike, I will arriving Wed. night.

Ready to boat Thursday AM.

Hope to be heading over to Kingston Friday night (drive) for dinner and take a gander at the boats.

Ken

buzzznaround
07-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Ken I will be putting in at Treasure Island marina about 5:30 - 6:00 pm will call you when I get to kingston, have to work Fri. maybe we can meet up Fri nite. Will call you at work 26th of July

mike o
07-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Ken I will be putting in at Treasure Island marina about 5:30 - 6:00 pm will call you when I get to kingston, have to work Fri. maybe we can meet up Fri nite. Will call you at work 26th of JulyIm going by BOAT..............:kingme: Are parking spots a issue with all the FUN. SPEAKING OF FUN, Yo, Trenton crew.....Wass Up.......with Ya'll....:kingme:

problemchild
08-02-2010, 09:43 PM
The MyWay OL has never run over 200 MPH....
AquaMania G3 Racing ran 204.5 mph in the 2009 Alex Bay Poker Run.
The new MyWay will not be ready for the 1000 Islands Poker Run.

Darn!I was looking forward to seeing the two boats run against eachother... I did talk to the owner/driver of Aqua Mania tho and he told me that was going to attempt to break 213 mph so that'll be interesting :yes:

CHACHI
08-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Heading up to the River, see you there.

Cell 413-530-7379

Ken

Tim Morris
08-04-2010, 02:34 PM
And throw up a lot of pics when you get time.

Sorry to miss it this year.

glashole
08-05-2010, 01:41 PM
i am down on the town docks this weekend in a bay
feel free to stop for a cold one

613 848 4338

boat is called
Just the Tip

Shea

mc donzi
08-06-2010, 06:56 AM
Sorry that we're going to miss it this year.:frown: Looks like the weather is going to be perfect!! Next year for sure!!

Whoever goes... post lots of pictures.

CHACHI
08-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Weather is perfect, but the water was a bit busy yesterday.

Ran a 100 miles or so with my bride and Mike O and witnessed the arrival of Shea to the A-Bay docks.

Went to Kingston last night to view the boats and the had 6-8 of them on the street for display.

Boy them Arenenson's use some big nuts to hold the props on.

Aqua-Mania looks to be the only turbine boat.

Out of here in a hour to meet Norm and Dave in Gananogue and it is off to Singer castle to watch the fly by.

Ken

mc donzi
08-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Weather is perfect, but the water was a bit busy yesterday.

Ran a 100 miles or so with my bride and Mike O and witnessed the arrival of Shea to the A-Bay docks.

Went to Kingston last night to view the boats and the had 6-8 of them on the street for display.

Boy them Arenenson's use some big nuts to hold the props on.

Aqua-Mania looks to be the only turbine boat.

Out of here in a hour to meet Norm and Dave in Gananogue and it is off to Singer castle to watch the fly by.

Ken

Dooood,

Yer killin' me!!!:garfield:

boxy
08-08-2010, 01:44 PM
Tried to spot all the Classics as we ran by. Saw some 22's and a red and white 16. It was a great weekend.

younger
08-08-2010, 07:36 PM
Had an awesome day, ran from 9am till 5pm. Ken and Terry thanks for the day. Dave and crew great to meet ya! Hope to see you again! We put some great miles on. Ran to Brockville from Gan, came back through Lake of the Iles back into Gan. Then on to Kingston to watch the boats run the rough stuff and then back to Gan. Great day! Wonderful to run with a couple fast great looking Donzi's. Thank's again!

mike o
08-08-2010, 08:23 PM
A HUGE PARTY.......:kingme: OH YA ,, "THE RIVER", IS SPECTACULAR ALSO..:kingme: