PDA

View Full Version : your opinion is needed.

bigdawgchallenger
02-20-2010, 12:25 PM
Installing new engines. Should I paint them Black like stock, Red to match the boat, or Chevy orange?

I will not be using much chrome.

Carl C
02-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Red to match the boat would be a nice custom touch IMO.

bigdawgchallenger
02-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Thats what I was thinking too. Love the dog, how old, whats its name?

Carl C
02-20-2010, 12:41 PM
That one is sold. No name! I have a fresh batch of German Shepherd pups for sale right now. There was a boat in a recent magazine with a HP525 EFI custom painted green to match the boat. looked real sharp.

gcarter
02-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Would you believe mine will be red?

bigdawgchallenger
02-20-2010, 05:00 PM
how old are the pups? AKC or WWKC? I just had to put mine down, 15 years old. Had him since 6 weeks.

How much? Where do you live? Send me some pictures.

Mike
bigdawgchallenger@gmail.com

bigdawgchallenger
02-20-2010, 05:01 PM
George, for some reason, I believe red. I think mine will be too.

Barry Eller
02-20-2010, 05:47 PM
I agree with the choice of red for a red boat. My 22 is yellow and so is my 502

maddad
02-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I paint my chevys old ford blue to match the stripe on my boat.

Carl C
02-20-2010, 09:29 PM
how old are the pups? AKC or WWKC? I just had to put mine down, 15 years old. Had him since 6 weeks.

How much? Where do you live? Send me some pictures.

Mike
bigdawgchallenger@gmail.com

AKC, metro Detroit, $400 but less for .net member. Only have one male and three females left. Sold two tonight. I don't have any good up to date pics of the pups right now. If you are still interested let me know and I'll get pics.

Walt. H.
02-20-2010, 11:03 PM
I always suggest to paint your engine to what ever your lucky colors are, i've been doing that since 1970 with a pretty good average of luck.

Carl, I wish you were within a days drive of NY after I seen that photo you posted of your new litter of puppies, I lost my 2-1/2 yr old female pup to cancer back in 2001 and never had the heart to replace her after I waiting almost 19 yr's to replace my previous 8 yr old shepard that died of parvo back in Aug, 1980.
Almost everytime I see your avatar I look into those puppy eyes for a while and think of my late ShadowGirl, which is also why I named my last two boats after her to keep her memory alive.

Hope you find good homes for them. :yes:
WH

Carl C
02-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Walt, cancer is the number one killer of dogs. I have lost two to the big C.

Bigdawg, here are the pics of the Nordic which came with a green blue motor!

oledawg
02-21-2010, 08:25 AM
RED is always good! :pimp:

Ghost
02-21-2010, 11:44 AM
You're painting them anyway, right, so what's important to you? If you like the idea of matching the boat, do that red thing. I think Chevy orange is cool. I happen to like both better than black, which while it does hide dirt, makes it hard to see a lot, for maintenance, leak detection etc.

All things considered, I like the yellow best, for being as bright as possible with great contrast for all sorts of maintenance work and inspection, and it looks cool as all get-out.

Mike

FISHIN SUCKS
02-21-2010, 03:18 PM
I happen to like both better than black, which while it does hide dirt, makes it hard to see a lot, for maintenance, leak detection etc.
x2

I agree with Mike here. But I will say this, if you are the lazy sort and don't like to keep a clean bilge and motors, paint'em black or gray or dark brown:puke:. But if you run a clean ship, definitely paint those baby's red:yes::yes:!!!

If I ever have to pull both of my motors, they will go red. Like my red oil filters? I'm tryin':kingme:

VetteLT193
02-23-2010, 10:11 AM
I like a combo best. Paint the block and heads black. Valve covers and intake Red.

Easy to keep looking clean and adds some pop.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=81&pictureid=793

bigdawgchallenger
02-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Well, red it is. I actually all ready was going to do red, but some non boater friends thought it would look bad. HaH, what do they know right? I should be getting the engines next week, I will post some pictures then.

Thanks for the opinions,
Mike

hdsadey
02-23-2010, 06:46 PM
I have a black on white 16, i'm paintin the engine, gimbal housing, and outdrive CHEVY ORANGE BABY!!!! With black accents. Makin me a Harley-Donzi motorboat! Puttin Orange and White seats in it. You all think $600 for a brand new set of seat shells and foam kits for the front buckets from the original uphlostery company is a good deal?