PDA

View Full Version : Trim tab rams....what do I have?

Pismo
02-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Anybody know what make and size, etc these trim tab rams are? 3 of 4 are leaking so I would like to replace them.

Are they still made? Where can I buy them?

It's a 1996 22 Classic 502 stock.

Thanks very much.

Zinger
02-20-2010, 07:55 AM
They look like trim master tabs. Hope that helps

oledawg
02-21-2010, 08:57 AM
Could be Bennett's also. :cool!:

Zinger
02-21-2010, 10:12 AM
www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/catalog/product_10858_Trim_Master_Hydraulic_Trimtab_Kit.ht ml

Pismo
02-21-2010, 02:02 PM
They are trim master which is out of business.

Walt. H.
02-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Could be Bennett's also. :cool!:
Nope' Bennett doesn't use that type of hinge system, they're Trim Master as mentions by Zinger..

MDonziM
02-21-2010, 03:02 PM
I have the same looking rams(dual) and am about to install k-planes. If you dont mind waiting a couple/ few weeks, I'll give you mine which work fine (just a little faded). I also have 12x12 black Bennet tabs which are only 2yrs old.

Marshall

oledawg
02-22-2010, 05:54 AM
I have Bennetts on my '88 22C and the hinge system is identical to the one in this thread. Mine are single, not dual ram, but the plate itself is pretty much the same. Moot point as Trim Master is apparently not around and Bennett is, AND there are used items available, which is even better! :cool!:

Tidbart
02-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Those are Trim Masters. That is what I had on my '96, except single cylinders. Have you looked into rebuilding them as opposed to replacing them? That would be my first inclination.:yes:

Bob

oledawg
02-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Best idea yet :nilly:

Pismo
02-22-2010, 01:46 PM
I have decide to remove them for now, then the painter can make the transom look new and I can install them again, or new ones later, maybe after I add the hydraulic steering.

Tony
02-22-2010, 05:17 PM
I may be a bit late, but I agree that those are Trim Masters. My '96 has the single ram version, and came with an owner's manual. They were originally called Trim Master B.A.C.S. (Boat Attitude Correction System).

They may be out of business now, but 4 years ago I called them and got phone advice about how to re-wire the switches to match my preference.

Trim Master Marine, Inc
3081 Mercantile Industrial Drive
St. Charles, MO 63301
314-949-8746

As an aside, you will never go wrong with Bennett. My last Donzi's tabs were probably 30 years old...they diagnosed the problem and sent out free parts to fix them.

Planetwarmer
02-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Yep. I just looked at my single ram trim tabs by Bennett, and they are slightly different. The three outer edges of the tabs are turned up 90 degrees. And the 6 mounting screws are all in a row.

oledawg
02-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Agree with Planet, my Bennetts, are turned up 90 degrees on the sides and the mounting screws are all in a row. Bennett folks are awesome, my control switch faceplate cracked and I called them to ask about getting another one for this 22 year old boat. What did they do, sent me one for free, absolutely no charge, even for shipping. Now that is customer service! If I ever need to replace mine it will be with Bennetts. :nilly:

rchevelle71
02-23-2010, 10:25 AM
I have decide to remove them for now, then the painter can make the transom look new and I can install them again, or new ones later, maybe after I add the hydraulic steering.

Keep in mind that Bennets use a different mounting pattern than what you have , if you think you are going to change to bennett's, do it before you drill any holes, or you will be fixing the transom again later when you make the change.

rchevelle71
02-23-2010, 10:29 AM
Agree with Planet, my Bennetts, are turned up 90 degrees on the sides and the mounting screws are all in a row. Bennett folks are awesome, my control switch faceplate cracked and I called them to ask about getting another one for this 22 year old boat. What did they do, sent me one for free, absolutely no charge, even for shipping. Now that is customer service! If I ever need to replace mine it will be with Bennetts. :nilly:

I have had good luck with bennett also, I had an old set of dual ram bennett tabs on the Pantera when I got it, no indicators. So I purchased their TPI2000 indicator(love it), This kit comes with new upper hinges with the coil in them for feeding the indicator. When I inserted the brass tube, I overtightened it ruining the coil. Called them up, and the guy said no problem, since your local bring it down, and we will have a look. When I got there, the president of the company comes out an looks, told me what I did, and said he would be right back. 2 minutes later, comes back with a new hinge, and 2 new brass tubes, says have a nice day, no charge.:shades: