PDA

View Full Version : Trumpy yacht tenders......

gcarter
02-19-2010, 08:44 PM
If you follow boats in general, you may be aware that Trumpy Yachts exists again!
Well, I hope they make it. In the past, Trumpy was in the top ten of respected yacht builders. Maybe in the top five.
Anyway, they're also supplying their own tenders. 20' long and come in several flavors...whatever style the owner wants, so to speak. Comes w/a Yanmar 160 HP diesel.
The bottom line is, there's nothing new here. There're much more interesting retro wood boats out there for $130,000.00.
I like that Trumpy is offering complementary named and built tenders, but you would have thought they'd have come ou w/a bit more contemporary hull and why not an outdrive?
http://trumpyyachts.net/TrumpyTender.html

Any thoughts?

Ghost
02-21-2010, 11:55 AM
If you follow boats in general, you may be aware that Trumpy Yachts exists again!
Well, I hope they make it. In the past, Trumpy was in the top ten of respected yacht builders. Maybe in the top five.
Anyway, they're also supplying their own tenders. 20' long and come in several flavors...whatever style the owner wants, so to speak. Comes w/a Yanmar 160 HP diesel.
The bottom line is, there's nothing new here. There're much more interesting retro wood boats out there for $130,000.00.
I like that Trumpy is offering complementary named and built tenders, but you would have thought they'd have come ou w/a bit more contemporary hull and why not an outdrive?
http://trumpyyachts.net/TrumpyTender.html

Any thoughts?

I agree. Good to see them back. Sad but not unexpected that they are not back here, in Annapolis.

As far as the yachts go, it looks to me like they may have done some updating, as well as keeping most things original. The power cruiser line looks like it has a modern hull with IPS available. The others may stay more traditional. That's an interesting set of options.

The tenders might benefit from a similar choice of old versus newer technology. Frankly, I think a tender should often be a shallow draft boat, and safety never hurts either, when you may be underway around a larger vessel where people may be swimming at any time, whatever. I'd think a modest-V performance jet would be a good tender option, for instance, even if retro-styled.

gcarter
02-21-2010, 02:18 PM
I agree a jet drive would be the ticket. Anyone who's ever seen a Hinkley Picnic Boat perform w/its bow thruster, jet, and joy stick would be impressed w/its close in performance.
They'll even beach themselves stern first.