PDA

View Full Version : Custom wood dash panel auction for donzi.net

DickB
02-18-2010, 11:47 AM
It's taken me longer than expected to get to this, but I recently finished the project. I put a custom wood Donzi Classic dash panel up for action with the proceeds going to donzi.net:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110496519525

http://www.customwooddash.com/dash/dash4.JPG

This is a unique, custom wood dash intended to replace the stock metal dash panel used in many recent model year Donzi Classic boats.

The dash is fabricated from African mahogany and protected with 6 coats of gloss Helmsman spar urethane. The background has a carved square button relief pattern. The gauge, switch, and circuit breaker locations are raised for a unique 3-D effect. The panel will accommodate gauges with or without bezels. The panel features the Donzi script (permission was obtained from Josh to use this script for this project.) The dash body is about 1/2" thick and the gauge areas 3/4" thick.
The gauge and switch positions are near identical to the stock dash. The switch positions have been spread out just a bit to keep the wood areas between them than stock from getting too thin. The panel is about 1/16-1/8" larger all around to accommodate fasteners. The panel is intended to be fastened from the back using stainless steel screws by drilling the mounting holes in the boat all the way through, then feeding the screws through the back side. Pilot holes have been drilled in the stock dash positions, but other positions or mounting methods may be used.

Due to the thickness of this dash panel, your gauge mounts may need to be modified (shortened). Also, the switches will not snap-lock into position as they do on a thin, metal dash. I have found this not to be a problem, as the rocker switches are operated by pushing in towards the dash, seating the switch more firmly. However, an adhesive could be used if desired.

If this doesn't fit your boat, bid on it anyway! Put some gauges in it and display it in your office or rec room! All proceeds are going to donzi.net.

Planetwarmer
02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
That sure is a show winning piece! Nice work!

Tony
02-19-2010, 09:18 PM
Very nice looking piece...excellent craftsmanship.
To donate the proceeds to donzi.net is way cool, too.

Great work and generosity! :yes:

Ed Donnelly
02-19-2010, 10:07 PM
Just imagine the bidding if it would fit a Criterion SS

That is simply beautiful.............Ed

VetteLT193
02-24-2010, 02:28 PM
ttt...

It's for the registry guys!

VetteLT193
02-25-2010, 07:14 AM
another ttt... ends soon :)

Just Say N20
02-25-2010, 08:12 AM
It is a beautiful piece, and I would love to have it, however I have a left hand drive 16.:boggled: