PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Donzi 16, V8 (NOT MINE)

Just Say N20
02-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Hmmmmmm. . . . .

A starting place . . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150414354747&viewitem=

Just Say N20
02-16-2010, 07:55 AM
A few more pictures.

Rob M
02-16-2010, 09:08 AM
Could just be an optical illusion, but the deck looks spongy in one of the pics - definitely something to check for.

Just Say N20
02-16-2010, 11:19 AM
This is an information exchange.

There were a couple of pictures (not posted) of the transom that made me wonder what condition it was in.

Also, the seat base in my boat was cut out in a similar fashion (understandable, as there is where the battery is), and the sides where the cut was were not sealed. As a result water got into the Balsa coring, which at least in 1967 was laid on its side, so it "wicked" water throughout almost the entire seat area, so for much of the back seat bottom, it was a fiberglass sandwich with almost no Balsa in it. This looks like it could be a potential issue with this boat.

Either the site gauge glass broke, or PERHAPS the tank was replaced, because where there originally was a site gauge in the floor that looked at the gauge on the sender of the tank, there is now a plastic access port.

I also thought it was interesting that it has a V8 WITHOUT thru-hull exhaust.

And, left hand drive boat with a replacement Mercruiser outdrive could produce some interesting handling.

MOP
02-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Being an oldie it more than likely will need some up dating, there seems to be pretty good value there due to what has already been done but it depends on the final $$.