PDA

View Full Version : 35 donzi zr???

Noble
02-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I looked at a 35 zr the other day and it had two holes in the bottom of the pad. When i looked in the engine compartment they had ball valves on them with two handles that rested on the middle stringer. Does anyone know what these are for??

Planetwarmer
02-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Of course! They are used for scuttling the ship. They are especially handy when you are running drugs and the coast guard is on to you.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-15-2010, 08:16 PM
While I like Planet's answer:tooth:, does this boat have AC (air condition)? Maybe it's for somethin like that:nilly:.

Noble
02-15-2010, 08:19 PM
nope no a/c on the boat. just straight brass ball valves with hoses connected to the top of them. I couldnt tell where they led to as i was standing on my head to see them.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-15-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.teamshogren.com/pre-owned-boats/other-brands/402-35-donzi-zr.html

If you look at the link i attached (hopefully i did it right), are you able to point out in the engine photo's what you are talking about?

tom

VetteLT193
02-16-2010, 06:58 AM
Do you have the optional head with the overboard pump-out feature?

mrfixxall
02-16-2010, 08:57 AM
I looked at a 35 zr the other day and it had two holes in the bottom of the pad. When i looked in the engine compartment they had ball valves on them with two handles that rested on the middle stringer. Does anyone know what these are for??

they are low water pickup's,the ball valve is used to stop the water from going out the bottom of the boat whale running the engines on a hose or whyle flushing the engines..

Noble
02-16-2010, 11:49 AM
they are low water pickup's,the ball valve is used to stop the water from going out the bottom of the boat whale running the engines on a hose or whyle flushing the engines..

That makes sense. So they dont take any water through the drive? I would assume they would have to be open when running and closed when running off a hose??

mrfixxall
02-16-2010, 12:34 PM
That makes sense. So they dont take any water through the drive? I would assume they would have to be open when running and closed when running off a hose??

that depends on what drive's are on the boat,the bigger stuff like #6 drives use a low water pickup's and it the drive height is raised on a xr style i would use a low water pick also.. correct on the ball valve configuration,,open when running in water and closed when flushing..most will have two ball valves on them per engine,their should also be a ball valve on the hose that comes from the flush hose..

Noble
02-16-2010, 04:09 PM
that depends on what drive's are on the boat,the bigger stuff like #6 drives use a low water pickup's and it the drive height is raised on a xr style i would use a low water pick also.. correct on the ball valve configuration,,open when running in water and closed when flushing..most will have two ball valves on them per engine,their should also be a ball valve on the hose that comes from the flush hose..

Thanks for the info mrfixall!

NJFASTECH
02-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Do you have the optional head with the overboard pump-out feature?

Yeah what color hose and size because on a bravo boat that would be a macerator discharge. And the flush on my 500 EFI's Was right on the front of the engines with no ball valve required?

G-MAN
02-21-2010, 07:15 PM
http://www.teamshogren.com/pre-owned-boats/other-brands/402-35-donzi-zr.html

If you look at the link i attached (hopefully i did it right), are you able to point out in the engine photo's what you are talking about?

tom
That sure is a sweet ride, I pick it up in a couple of weeks, traded in the 28ZX on it.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-21-2010, 08:02 PM
That sure is a sweet ride, I pick it up in a couple of weeks, traded in the 28ZX on it.
NO WAY???? Are you serious? I love that boat:cool:! What a beautiful boat! You gotta bring that to AOTH in May:yes:. Congratulations G!

G-MAN
02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
NO WAY???? Are you serious? I love that boat:cool:! What a beautiful boat! You gotta bring that to AOTH in May:yes:. Congratulations G!
Yes way! flew up last weakend and saw it in person, the pics. dont do it justice, We cant wait to pick it up.

FISHIN SUCKS
02-21-2010, 08:14 PM
Yes way! flew up last weakend and saw it in person, the pics. dont do it justice, We cant wait to pick it up.
Very COOOL!!! Just showed my 13 yr old daughter.......and of course she says we need to get one too. Hope your transaction goes well:crossfing:. Hope you can bring her to AOTH in Kentucky, missed ya last year for the 'Year of the ZX'.

Planetwarmer
02-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Pics for us please?

Planetwarmer
02-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Never mind, I have already seen them.

osur866
02-22-2010, 01:18 AM
Grant, I need a ride in this, this summer!! Think ya owe me a ride from last year ;) Steve

G-MAN
02-22-2010, 06:36 AM
Grant, I need a ride in this, this summer!! Think ya owe me a ride from last year ;) Steve
Yea, looks like I won't be able to give you the ride in the 28 but I think this will even be better

osur866
02-22-2010, 08:14 AM
I'am ready :yes:

LOUIE MARCHESE
11-01-2010, 03:21 PM
the thru hull fittings in the notched transum are for releasing traped air in notch when trying to get the boat on plane,they dump the air out the side off the boat,they have ballvalves on them so you can close them when you leave the boat in the water overnite ,must be a coast guard rule for safety.

LOUIE.

fogducker III
11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
the thru hull fittings in the notched transum are for releasing traped air in notch when trying to get the boat on plane,they dump the air out the side off the boat,they have ballvalves on them so you can close them when you leave the boat in the water overnite ,must be a coast guard rule for safety.

LOUIE.

:confused: :popcorn:

LOUIE MARCHESE
11-01-2010, 07:58 PM
yes there is no low water pickups in the notch on the transom,the pickups are in the drive lower.

LOUIE.

fasttrucker
11-02-2010, 02:15 PM

LOUIE.
This is the right answer.I have them on my 27zr and they are vents to help the boat get up on plane!:kingme::kingme::kingme: