PDA

View Full Version : Calling the Lake George Donzi Club!

slapshot11
02-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Haver, Matty or Scott,
Please give me a call. The Village of Lake George is putting together a new event for this summer, The Lake George Regatta Festival. It will take place on the weekend before Memorial Day, May 21-23, 2010. Some of the weekends events will include a boat show sponsored by the Eastern Marine Trades Assoc., boat parade on Canada Street on Friday evening followed by a cocktail party on Friday night. The highlight of the weekend will be on Saturday, when they'll be an Offshore Demonstration from noon to 4:30 PM. The Offshore Demonstration is a demonstration of what a offshore powerboat race looks like. It's not an actual race due to sanctioning and insurance issues. The participating boats will follow a prescribed order and running sequence prepared in advance by the event organizers (Performance Marine in Bolton Landing). It will look like a race but it won't actually be one. The 2 mile course will be on the southern most portion of the lake nearest to the Village of Lake George. Since the Lake George Donzi Club is as established as it is, we (the organizers) would like to feature just DONZI's in one of the 4 demonstrations or heats. We'll need about 8 - 10 participanting boats from the LGDC. Participation is by invitation only so I need your recommendations. This is not an open event. We need responsible drivers who can follow the sequence, not lose control of their testerone and particapate responsibily. You'll need a helmet for anyone in the boat, life jackets, a lanyard (kill switch), and LGPC permit.
The Mayor want to make this an annual event.
Are you guys interested? Please call me ASAP at 518-312-7478.
Thanks
Norm

Carl C
02-14-2010, 09:25 AM
There seems to be a lot of performance boat oriented stuff on Lake George. What about the 45 mph speed limit and enforced noise limit? What is up with that? I'm afraid to go to Lake George for fear of ending up with expensive tickets and being from out of state I'm sure they would want a bunch of $$ up front. Otherwise I'll just never go back.:confused::nilly::confused:

fogducker III
02-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Same weekend as AOTH isn't it....:confused:

Carl C
02-14-2010, 09:49 AM
Same weekend as AOTH isn't it....:confused:

Yup.

slapshot11
02-14-2010, 09:57 AM
There seems to be a lot of performance boat oriented stuff on Lake George. What about the 45 mph speed limit and enforced noise limit? What is up with that? I'm afraid to go to Lake George for fear of ending up with expensive tickets and being from out of state I'm sure they would want a bunch of $$ up front. Otherwise I'll just never go back.:confused::nilly::confused:

A permit has already been filed with the Lake George Park Commission to lift the speed limit and noise level requirements during the demonstration events.

Carl C
02-14-2010, 10:02 AM
A permit has already been filed with the Lake George Park Commission to lift the speed limit and noise level requirements during the demonstration events.

OK, cool. Good luck with the event.

mattyboy
02-14-2010, 10:42 AM
Norm,
yes the Lake George Donzi Classic Club would be happy to support this event in any way it can.
The club feels this is a great way to support the lake community, which we have been part of for over 15 years. This also a great way to introduce people to our sport and to the beautiful area known as Lake George.

As it has been mentioned some of our members do go to AOTH that weekend.
we'll do a roll call and

we'll be in touch. :)

slapshot11
02-14-2010, 06:55 PM
Sounds good Matty. Great to talk to you this morning. Thanks for your help. Look forward to talking to you again. Soon.
Norm

mike o
02-16-2010, 11:15 AM
I cant make the Ky event, but I can do this. It sounds like fun.:kingme:

slapshot11
02-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Get in touch with Matty Boy, OK?

LKSD
02-19-2010, 09:11 AM
At least that lake is trying to do something Pro performance boat wise.. I applaud the effort.. :) Jamie

mattyboy
03-09-2010, 08:43 PM
http://poststar.com/news/local/article_115f256a-270c-11df-8d99-001cc4c002e0.html

slapshot11
03-10-2010, 06:12 AM
Matty,
Thanks for posting the article. The event planning is moving along nicely.
Will the Lake George Donzi Club be sending some representatives? If so, please let me know how many and who they will be?
Thanks
Norm

slapshot11
03-15-2010, 06:17 PM
Matty,
Where are you buddy? Give me a call, OK?
Thanks
Norm
518-312-7478