PDA

View Full Version : Headliner for a 90 Black Widow 30

ROTYDE
02-12-2010, 12:45 AM
I am trying to find a headliner or make one for my boat i want to go all original as possible. If anyone has any ideas or names of someone who could help me as I have no idea what it looked like to being with thanks Geno

joel3078
02-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Headliner I am assuming you mean in the cuddy cabin. Here is a pic from a 24 footer. 30 is the same thing only larger from what I recall. It's tan low pile plush carpet from what I can describe to you. I would research boat boneyards and you may be able to salvage one via that route. Should not be too difficult to have a new one made.

The guy with the yellow one that is restored should send you current pics of a 30. I bet the interior of that one has a plain stock headliner.

ROTYDE
02-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Headliner I am assuming you mean in the cuddy cabin. Here is a pic from a 24 footer. 30 is the same thing only larger from what I recall. It's tan low pile plush carpet from what I can describe to you. I would research boat boneyards and you may be able to salvage one via that route. Should not be too difficult to have a new one made.

The guy with the yellow one that is restored should send you current pics of a 30. I bet the interior of that one has a plain stock headliner.

Thank you so much for the pic that give me a good idea of what it should look like. Good looking cabin...Geno

VetteLT193
02-15-2010, 07:08 AM
If you aren't all about factory original you might want to look at the newer headliners. It is a textured vinyl instead of the soft fabric so it can be wiped down and does not absorb smell like the older ones did.

I don't have a picture of mine on hand but could take one later possibly.

ROTYDE
02-15-2010, 01:07 PM
If you aren't all about factory original you might want to look at the newer headliners. It is a textured vinyl instead of the soft fabric so it can be wiped down and does not absorb smell like the older ones did.
I don't have a picture of mine on hand but could take one later possibly.
Thanks I lilke that Idea. To keep the smell down , that would be great thanks.

The Hedgehog
02-15-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't have a picture of mine on hand but could take one later possibly..

Agreed. The basic vinyl headliner material is the way to go.

To me the headliner install process is one of the mysteries of life. Kind of like the light inside the fridge. (JK). Probably not a big deal to an interior peersin.

VetteLT193
02-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks I lilke that Idea. To keep the smell down , that would be great thanks.

I'll see if I can get a pic this evening. Depends on the nights festivities :bonk:

The Hedgehog
02-15-2010, 05:17 PM
I'll see if I can get a pic this evening. Depends on the nights festivities :bonk:

Donzi vol? I heard he may be lurking around Fl

ROTYDE
02-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys you are great...

Steve Stamper
02-28-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi, I wondered how this turned out? As I now have to do the same job.
I was surprised to see the difference in the cabin layout and have posted a picture of mine.
Steve